It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bnei Menashe and a Western Christians Paradox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"JERUSALEM (AP) — Dozens of Jews who claim to be the descendants of a lost biblical Jewish tribe emigrated to Israel on Monday from their village in northeastern India, celebrating their arrival after a five-year struggle to get in."

A Western Christian must experience mixed feelings when they read such news. On one hand we should be happy that their struggle to receive Israeli Citizenship has been realized, it is a positive step for these people securing a first world standard of living. However, on the other hand the Bnei Menashe were a people that generations of Christians sacrificed for, sending them ministers of the Good News of the Gospel of Christ. A Gospel that allows people of Faith access to the promises of Abraham. From a Christian point of view, these people are now lost Their souls lost for eternity

The Bnei Menashe are a people now living in India, but have faith roots from Hebrews expelled from Israel 2500 years+ ago. While they have been Christian the last 2 centuries, their faith roots(and access to a 1st world standard of living) have encouraged them to seek Israeli citizenship
edit on 25-12-2012 by GeneralMishka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

What is a Bnei Menashe?

From a Christian point of view, these people are now lost Their souls lost for eternity

I don't understand what you are trying to say here
edit on 25-12-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

The Bnei Menashe are a people now living in India, but have faith roots from Hebrews expelled from Israel 2500 years+ ago. While they have been Christian the last 2 centuries, their faith roots(and access to a 1st world standard of living) have encouraged them to seek Israeli citizenship

From Wikipedia

"The Bnei Menashe (Hebrew: בני מנשה, "Children of Menasseh") are a group of more than 9,000 people from India's North-Eastern border states of Manipur and Mizoram who claim descent from one of the Lost Tribes of Israel. The claim appeared after a Pentecostalist dreamt in 1951 that his people's pre-Christian religion was Judaism and that their original homeland was Israel. Linguistically, Bnei Menashe are Tibeto-Burmans and belong to the Mizo, Kuki and Chin peoples.[4] They are called Chin in Burma. Prior to their conversion to Christianity in the 19th Century, the Chin, Kuki, and Mizo were headhunters and animists [5]

Depending upon their affiliations, each tribe refers to itself as Kuki, Mizo, or Chin. It is however more common for people to identify themselves by their subtribe, each of which has its own distinct dialect and identity."

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So if I'm understanding correctly, they all converted to Judaism, and left their Christianity at the border crossing? Got any links to with this? It would be helpful.

edit on 12/25/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

So if I'm understanding correctly, they all converted to Judaism, and left their Christianity at the border crossing? Got any links to with this? It would be helpful.

edit on 12/25/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

The Bnei Menashe fall into a category called 'safek' jews, which means they must undergo a conversion to Orthodox Judaism to settle in Israel.

Here is a link
quitenormal.wordpress.com...

"rabbinic authorities determined that the status of these “cousins” to be that of “safek Jews.” Since their Jewish status is not known for sure, they require conversions to be considered Jewish."

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The Bnei Menashe of India are from the North Eastern Indian states of Manipur and Mizoram, bordering China. Like the average person from North East India, they are a very oriental looking people.

Bnei Menashe women...

Bnei Menashe kids...

Bnei Menashe in the IDF...

Bnei Menashe people...

I really can't tell them apart from the average person from North Eastern India.... and in some cases, China.
Even if they do have Jewish ancestry, its very obvious that they have mixed a lot with the local people of North Eastern India... so much so that they have no traces of Semitic racial features left in them.

On a side note, if Israel allows people of Israelite ancestry to return, then they should be taking in these guys...

The Pashtun peoples Israelite ancestry is well documented and is evident in their clan names.
See this video

edit on 26-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The Bnei Menashe fall into a category called 'safek' jews, which means they must undergo a conversion to Orthodox Judaism to settle in Israel.

Yeah, they will pay a heavy price for Israeli citizenship. Not something i would do personally, the whole "he who denies me amoung men i will deny before my Father and all the angels" thing would force me to give Israel a great big:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
ummm, why is their a thread with a Christian theological bias in the political section?

top topics

join