It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Cheer from Palestine, Birthplace of Jesus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The First Council of Nicaea 325, is where MEN decided just how they would set up Christianity, ie, the Son, Father etc and how men then made up laws and other decrees to their own liking. Nicholas of Myra, who was later canonized, and is the base of St Nicholas, was present at this meeting.

St Nicholas being remembered to such an extent to this day is almost like giving praise to the unholiness of men making decisions on things that are meant to be be above men, in the realm of God. No wonder humanity is in such a mess if these are it's idols.

If there ever was a real Jesus who was holy I bet he would at least be raising an eyebrow about such goings on.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Trinitarian issue of the nature of The Son and his relationship to God the Father,[3] the construction of the first part of the Creed of Nicaea, settling the calculation of the date of Easter,[2] and promulgation of early canon law.[4][7][8]

The First Council of Nicaea was the first ecumenical council of the Church. Most significantly, it resulted in the first, uniform Christian doctrine, called the Creed of Nicaea. With the creation of the creed, a precedent was established for subsequent local and regional councils of Bishops (Synods) to create statements of belief and canons of doctrinal orthodoxy— the intent being to define unity of beliefs for the whole of Christendom. The council settled, to some degree, the debate within the Early Christian communities regarding the divinity of Christ. This idea of the divinity of Christ, along with the idea of Christ as a messenger from God (The Father), had long existed in various parts of the Roman empire. The divinity of Christ had also been widely endorsed by the Christian community in the otherwise pagan city of Rome.[9] The council affirmed and defined what it believed to be the teachings of the Apostles regarding who Christ is: that Christ is the one true God in deity with the Father. Derived from Greek oikoumenikos (Greek: οἰκουμένη), "ecumenical" means "worldwide" but generally is assumed to be limited to the Roman Empire in this context as in Augustus' claim to be ruler of the oikoumene/world; the earliest extant uses of the term for a council are Eusebius' Life of Constantine 3.6[10] around 338, which states "σύνοδον οἰκουμενικὴν συνεκρότει" (he convoked an Ecumenical Council); Athanasius' Ad Afros Epistola Synodica in 369;[11] and the Letter in 382 to Pope Damasus I and the Latin bishops from the First Council of Constantinople.[12] One purpose of the council was to resolve disagreements arising from within the Church of Alexandria over the nature of the Son in his relationship to the Father; in particular, whether the Son had been 'begotten' by the Father from his own being, or created as the other creatures out of nothing.[13] St. Alexander of Alexandria and Athanasius claimed to take the first position; the popular presbyter Arius, from whom the term Arianism comes, is said to have taken the second. The council decided against the Arians overwhelmingly (of the estimated 250–318 attendees, all but two agreed to sign the creed and these two, along with Arius, were banished to Illyria[14]). The emperor's threat of banishment is claimed to have influenced many to sign, but this is highly debated by both sides.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
One thing that should be understood about "palestine". They are anything but a unified people. Bethlehem is a predominantly Christian town with a Christian population very aware of it's Christian character. In Bethlehem, the message of Christianity, and Christmas, can be received with glee. But elsewhere? With Palestinians, you have varying factions that usually can agree on one thing: their hatred of Israel. Unfortunately, it's taken on vicious proportions even amongst the Christians there, who only adopt these views so as to make common cause with the much more vociferous Islamist factions.

As nice as this is to see, it would never happen in Ramallah, the Gaza strip, Hebron, or most other places in the west bank. Such is the fractional character of the "Palestinian people".

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Paleaseeee....A more realistic picture is Christians from Bethlehem wishing other Christians a merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Some dude was going on about why Pro-Palestine threads are seen in the featured threads and not Pro-Israeli ones. All I was trying to tell him was PM a mod, make a thread about the issue because it isn't contributing to the thread. He was more worried about his ego than anything else.. When it comes down to it though, if he was so concerned about the issue he brought up, he would of just made a thread himself.. Instead, he was responding to me like a 12 year old kid which made me want to keep replying to him for some stupid reason. Sorry, wont happen again.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Some dude was going on about why i made the statement that Pro-Palestine threads are seen in the featured threads and not Pro-Israeli ones. All I was trying to tell him was to maintain discipline, ignore it as it was not for him. He was more worried about his ego than anything else.. When it comes down to it though, if he was so concerned about the issue he would just ignore as it was not for him. Instead, he was responding to me like a 12 year old kid which made me want to keep replying to him for some stupid reason. Sorry, wont happen again.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Bless all of you, to the utmost. Palestinian Israeli Hungarian or wherever you may be from. That's kind of what the Jesus vibe is to me anyways. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. The end.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Why does the op call the land Palestine? Offensive considering there has never been a Palestine with a government / rule of law / etc.. Do you know history?

Talk about not knowing history. Until you read some history yourself you really shouldn't question other peoples knowledge of the subject.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Where is Palestine? I know of no such country.

Me neither,

Ever hear of something called a map?

How about a passport?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by libertytoall

It's not Palestine..

What is it then?

You can't use the term Palestine for many it's highly offensive to do so. Primarily because there is a global brainwashing campaign being carried out by Muslims who support the Palestinians. In order to belittle Jews and Israel's existence the Palestinians and surrounding Muslim supporters have begun this campaign of lies that Palestine was taken away from them by Jews.. That somehow Palestine has a national border to restore. PALESTINE NEVER EXISTED.. Palestine is a lie and anyone who uses the term Palestine as the nation of those people is doing a disservice to history and reality. Before the Jewish people settled in the land of Israel the entire region was tribal with sectors of tribal governments who didn't get along among themselves. There was no NATION of Palestine.. You help perpetuate the lie and the conflict when you continue to make such claims..
edit on 27-12-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The First Council of Nicaea 325, is where MEN decided just how they would set up Christianity, ie, the Son, Father etc and how men then made up laws and other decrees to their own liking.

The disciples were MEN, too. And they brought the word to the whole world. So what's your point? Did you expect God to wright the Holy Bible?

S&F OP
edit on 27-12-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Where is Palestine? I know of no such country.

Me neither,

Ever hear of something called a map?

How about a passport?

I can make a map that spreads from Peru to mexico and call it Palestine until enough people accept it as well. The bottom line is even the land you want to call Palestine never had a national government. Therefore it is not recognized as a state but as a popular name of a region. Big difference...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So your saying because they didn't have a government they have no right to the land? Is that how the USA seen the Indians? Australia the Aboriginals? I just think some people are in denial that there very own kind can do some nasty crap and that includes that rogue state Israel.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Let us assume for a second that Palestine indeed exist.

However Palestine was Jewish land and original Palestinians were - Jewish people.
Study international Law and realize article of "Mandate for Palestine" - Jewish people were the Palestinians - having their (own) land hijacked by Arabs !!
There is NO ARAB Palestinian people, However There is Palestinian people - again - Jewish people.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

Canaanites and Philistines were in the Holy land long before Israelites even come on to the scene. When they did, the Philistines whooped them. Where did Judaism originate from? Not the Israelites... Maybe they were just brainwashed to believe it by the Philistines.

The ancient roots of Judaism lie in the Bronze Age polytheistic Ancient Semitic religions, specifically Canaanite religion, a syncretization with elements of Babylonian religion and of the worship of Yahweh reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew Bible. During the Babylonian captivity of the 6th and 5th centuries BCE, certain circles within the exiled Judahites in Babylon redefined pre-existing ideas about monotheism, election, divine law and Covenant into a theology which came to dominate the former Judah in the following centuries.

btw, there is no archological evidence of Israelites before around 1000 b.c. Maybe it was the Sumerians who handed down the knowledge to them, who knows.
edit on 27-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Maybe not

Off source content are not always correct

edit on 27-12-2012 by svmpua because: make it long

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The First Council of Nicaea 325, is where MEN decided just how they would set up Christianity, ie, the Son, Father etc and how men then made up laws and other decrees to their own liking.

The disciples were MEN, too. And they brought the word to the whole world. So what's your point? Did you expect God to wright the Holy Bible?

It is another example of the hypocrisy of Christmas.

The New Testament was supposedly the writings of God as said by Jesus, that differs greatly from the musings of men.

The Council of Niseae in 325 was pivotal in determining the role of the Christian church as being absolute, the alleged ''infallibility'' of Popes, the laws passed that claimed ownership of people and lands and how people should think and celebrate and plenty of decrees added for their own benefit.

It was also when many previous bibles were burnt, for all anyone knows these could have contained more truth than the version they created at the Council of Niseae. It was tantamount to a rogue Parliament that created a fictitious religion in order to further their own gains and it's effects are still seen today in the governmental hoodwinking and unscrupulous policy making. This is ATS, a conspiracy site. If ever there was a premise for the a conspiracy, this ranks amongst the highest. Even after this there have been complaints and trials about it's very nature from within the Christian Church and from outwith it.

www.tertullian.org...

Also, we do know that there were many books of supposed prophets > floating around up until 312 CE when the Council of Nicea decided > which books were scripture and which ones were burned. Thanks to > the notorious habit of early Christian leaders of destroying > books/scrolls, we may never know what doctrine existed before the > Council of Nicea.

Christianity consisted of many sects. By converting Constantine > (The Great) the Paul heresy triumphed as the concept of trinity and the ending of the > Mosaic law (which made swine flesh permissible) brought this version of > Christianity very close to the Hellenic paganism that was practiced in Rome > and Greece. At Nicea Constantine had 300 versions of the Bible burnt, thus > legitimising and patronizing only the Paulic heresy. And another (I'm not making any of these up):

Actually, legend has it that at the Council of Nicea, Constantine was >unsure of what else to include as a holy scripture (which later the batch >became the Bible). He threw the batch that he was to choose from onto a >table. Those that remained on the table were in, those that fell off were >out.

If you cannot see this as a pivotal event in the duping of mankind then perhaps you should do some research on Christianity.
edit on 27-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Maybe not

Off source content are not always correct

Your right, but lets assume it is correct, who are the true teachers of Judaism if Israelites were not even in the holyland, even the area when it was being practiced? Going by what I understand about the other ancient people, it would suggest that Modern Day Iraq may of played a part in it..
And we know from roughly 4000-3000 b.c, that was Ancient Sumer.
edit on 27-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Dude it is in my least of interest to know "who are the true teachers of Judaism".
I do not buy into this 'Israel vs Palestine' crap.
But since you ask ,I might add this link which is the best I could get :-
Bible and Palestine

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I can make a map that spreads from Peru to mexico and call it Palestine until enough people accept it as well. The bottom line is even the land you want to call Palestine never had a national government. Therefore it is not recognized as a state but as a popular name of a region. Big difference...

You may want to brush up on your history. The All-Palestine Government was established in 1948 right around the time they had their land stolen from them. And the UN now considers them to be a state.

All-Palestine Government

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join