It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Cheer from Palestine, Birthplace of Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Israel as a nation was established twice, and is mentioned by name in Pharaoh records thousands of years ago.

Palestine was a name made by Romans to try and erase Israel after its revolution. It basically meant something along the lines as the "Land of the Philistines."

So yes, Jesus was born in Israel. Israel was what Jesus would have called the land. Not Philistine.

To go deeper into this, Jesus would not know what Jesus meant. He would have been called Joshua, or in those days, Yeshua.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Judea was South of Israel.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Bethlehem was in the Kingdom of Judea. Israel was north, Philistine was West. Philistine was defeated. Israel was reunited.

Rome used the term Philistine for the region after the annihilation of the Jewish people in their revolution.

Philistine became Plesheth, which we today call Palestine.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Bethlehem means "House of BREAD".. Beth is Hebrew for "house" and lechem is Hebrew for bread..

Check your sources before you post..

In Arabic it means House of Meat.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
So obvious thread title would start a fight, naughty OP

Beautiful photo and video.

Free Palestine.

Peace.

Surely he didn't intentionally create a thread title certain to spark controversy by calling it Palestine instead of Bethlehem, surely not.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
Jesus was born in Israel.

....and then you woke up from your dream.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Except the whole part where Rome only called the region Palestine after the Jewish revolt.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Dude it has been called MANY names what are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It's actually been called just 3. And they are each historical.

Canaan, Israel, and Palestine. In that order. Palestine mostly became irrelevant when Israel was founded.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Israel...you might as well just say USA because that's exactly what it is. American government permanently placed in the middle east. They just say it's Israel because they don't want to claim it and look bad.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't disagree with that. You can say the same with many other governments in the middle east. Iraq, Egypt, Libya. Tons.

Thing is, I'm not sure I have a problem with it. If the US wants to control the region through proxy alliances rather than proxy dictators, that's an improvement from the old policies.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's just land on a planet called earth. People give it names, people make the borders.
It's the gang with the most weapons that are in always in charge of these countrys. Always.
And they all work together . I swear it just seems fake to me. Something just ain't right here.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Jesus wasn't born in Palestine, he was born in Bethlehem in Judea. Palestine wouldn't exist for several hundreds years later. Israel was renamed Syriac Palestina by Caesar Hadrian around 135 A.D., bout 100 years after Christ's crucifiction.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Canaan, Israel, Palestine, West Bank, it really doesn't matter. Today its the West Bank, in 100 years maybe it will be Netanyahu, but Bethlehem is in the West Bank for now and Israel don't seem to worried about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Didn't the pope just change the day or something... not that I really pay close attention to any rubbish coming from that "Government".

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Best post I have seen here in weeks! Made my Christmas, for sure.

Thanks for that

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

IRM

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Sort of don't see a reason to go through it when he got the beginning wrong. There wouldn't be a town on record, because it was a shanty town.

To my knowledge, Central Park has little if any remains from its own shanty towns. Plus we don't know if it was a tent town or not.

israel21c.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
For just once can you guys put down your weapons and just look at what people who are living in much much much worst conditions then us are doing. They have heart! Good for them !

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

It's a wonderful thing. If only the OP hadn't selected a title intended to provoke controversy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join