It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Cheer from Palestine, Birthplace of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This news gave me a feeling of hope in a region that has not been known for any good news lately.

Even though I am not religious, I was happy to see people of different faiths gather together and celebrate something that is important to them. In my opinion this proves that the divide and conquer phenomena that has plagued religion does not have to exist.

These people put their differences aside and assembled for a good cause.

Bethlehem (Aramaic for House of Laham, the Canaanitic God of Sustenance) area is decked in colors and the best and most beautiful lights are the smiles on the faces of our children. On Saturday evening, we attended a Christian service that was a joint service with the National Cathedral in Washington DC. The Palestinian children bell choir was uplifting. Children led the lighting of the candles at churches, the singing, and the choirs and they outnumbered adults in most activities. We were blessed by visited homes of poor children of different faiths. On Monday 3500 members of marching bands/scouts (most youth under 18) led parades near the apartheid wall separating Jerusalem from Bethlehem towards the Nativity square. Some of the marching youth were Muslims. The marching band from Gaza (Christian and Muslim) was not allowed to participate by the Israeli occupation authorities. Earlier in the day, children in the square formed a large peace symbol and the words “LOVE ALL” with their bodies in front of the massive Christmas tree in the square. The United Nations Work and Relief Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) had banners asking people to remember the suffering children in Gaza and Syria.

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

Before my time the people of that region were able to live in harmony regardless of their faith, hopefully that day will return for good.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Please take a moment to think about the unlucky ones who are unable to have a happy holiday for whatever reason as this time of year is not always happy for everyone.
edit on 12/25/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jesus was born in Israel.

+57 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

The land has had many names over the years.

Israel wasn't officially established until 1948.

Just saying.

+46 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

There was no Israel back then. It was called Judea.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Think again... Whether Israel was around or not 2000 years ago, Bethlehem is still on Palestinian territory.

Bethlehem is a Palestinian city located in the central West Bank, neighboring south Jerusalem, with a population of about 25,000 people.[4][5] It is the capital of the Bethlehem Governorate of the Palestinian National Authority. The economy is primarily tourist-driven.[6][7]

The Hebrew Bible identifies Bethlehem as the city David was from. The New Testament identifies Bethlehem as the birthplace of Jesus of Nazareth. The town is inhabited by one of the oldest Christian communities in the world, although the size of the community has shrunk due to emigration.

edit on 25-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No permits for people between the ages of 16 and 35? What kind of moronic logic is that based on.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So, would the OP be correct in saying Jesus was born in Palestine?

Why are people not so quick to correct him?

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

reply to post by DarknStormy

Thanks guys

Very good points

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It is well known Jesus was born in Palestine.

What needs to be corrected? You were the one who said he was born in Israel.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

It is well known Jesus was born in Palestine.

What needs to be corrected? You were the one who said he was born in Israel.

How do we know any of this to be true?

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Do you read the bible and if you do, does it lie?

No-one knows the truth but with the limited information that is available, we really can't go off anything else. According to the bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Hows the song go "Mary had a baby born in Bethlehem".. Its everywhere.

edit on 25-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
No permits for people between the ages of 16 and 35? What kind of moronic logic is that based on.

I thought that was pretty harsh myself.

I was also disappointed that they did not allow "The marching band from Gaza" which contains Christians and Muslims to attend.

This apartheid needs to end.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What an amazing picture. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Do you believe every story you read?

It that is the case, you really should not read anything by Stephen King.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Do you believe every story you read?

Of course not.

It that is the case, you really should not read anything by Stephen King.

But you say Israel was around when Jesus was born.. To me thats you simply assuming something which isn't correct. But about the bible, if its just a story, why is Israel in existence in the first place? It came from the bible. Should I believe some of the things in the story? Yes, because they are in our reality right now whether we like it or not.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TFCJay

The land has had many names over the years.

Israel wasn't officially established until 1948.

Just saying.

For the Second time. Palestine was a REGION in biblical times and has never ever been recognized as a state!!!!

Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan would be pretty pissed if you took their land for a Palestine state based on your assumptions. Jordan was suppose to be the home for the Arabs that occupied Israel.

The desert kingdom emerged out of the post-World War I division of the Middle East by Britain and France. In 1922 the Hashemite Emirate was recognized by the League of Nations as a state under the British Mandate for Palestine, known as The Emirate of Transjordan. The population at that time was largely made up of tribes which had taken part in the Great Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire. Today, those original inhabitants - known as East Bank Jordanians - are outnumbered by the descendants of Palestinian refugees. The first ruler of Jordan, the Hashemite Abdullah I was born in Mecca and played a leading role in the Great Arab Revolt. In 1946, Jordan became an independent sovereign state officially known as the Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan. After capturing the West Bank area of Cisjordan during the 1948–49 war with Israel, Abdullah I took the title King of Jordan and Palestine, and he officially changed the country's name to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in April 1949.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Jordan was formed in the mandate for Palestine that proves that it was for the Region not just Israel. Get a clue and learn what you preach here.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: added comment

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
For the Second time. Palestine was a REGION in biblical times and has never ever been recognized as a state!!!!

Whats that got to do with the name changing numerous times throughout history? It hasn't been call Israel since the beginning of time.

Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan would be pretty pissed if you took their land for a Palestine state based on your assumptions. Jordan was suppose to be the home for the Arabs that occupied Israel.

Israel was only recognised by the countries who supported the occupation. Other countries to this day do not recognise Israel as a legitimate state.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
What an amazing picture. Thank you for sharing.

You are very welcome.

I also thought it was an amazing picture which is what motivated me to share, glad you liked it too.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Bethlehem means "House of BREAD".. Beth is Hebrew for "house" and lechem is Hebrew for bread..

Check your sources before you post..

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The land that Bethlehem currently resides in is called Palestine, therefore Jesus was born in Palestine, or you one of the people who considers Palestine to not exist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join