It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love only exists when there is two (duality); like all emotions directed to some THING (people/stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Love can only exist when there is two. You love your family, you love your friends, you love your job. It is something that is directed at other things, but if Unity - Oneness is true, then Love is just another aspect of that duality.

In oneness there can be no "love" because there is no "other" to direct the love to...

Even if you say you love "yourself" - who is this exactly? Your body, which is something that your MIND is appreciating? Thus it is two things... Your ideas, beliefs or opinions you gained through your life experience? Thus it is two things, the mind appreciating the concepts...

In oneness, there is ALL, so there can be no "another" to direct the love/appreciation/care to.

The only thing that can exist in Oneness is Relaxation/Stillness because it is in the being and is not directed to any other.

If all is one, then sinking into your stillness, peace, should have an effect on others and feeling "worry/fear" will negatively affect another even if you intend to help since all is connected.

By being relaxed and speaking relaxing words, it influences others to be relaxed...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nothing wrong with loving the body the most high created for this I to exist in. Love YOURSELF

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If all is one, then sinking into your stillness, peace, should have an effect on others and feeling "worry/fear" will negatively affect another even if you intend to help since all is connected.

By being relaxed and speaking relaxing words, it influences others to be relaxed...

Not sure if this is off topic but I think that animals feel our emotions very strongly. Like if they sense the vibrations or something. At least they notice little things like voice tone, movement, face movement etc. very efficiently.
edit on 25-12-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

One-ness is the result of love. Love is the force that brings us together. To me, One-ness or unity is the ultimate expression of love so I guess I disagree to some extent with your idea.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Maybe duality is the primal code for this dimension and to experience singularity one needs to exist in a higher dimension. Maybe this realm of existence is intented to be experienced through a physical body that clashes with a non physical ''program'' (the mind) in an enviroment full of variables and interactions from a plethora of other beings that operate on various versions of '' programs'' themselves. Maybe conciousness is the soul and it is the missing link between this physical and mental experience. Just my 2cents

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

Originally posted by NewerBeing
reply to post by arpgme

Nothing wrong with loving the body the most high created for this I to exist in. Love YOURSELF

The point was, Love cannot be without duality, there has to be two for love to exist. You (the mind) and the body (which is being loved).

reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy

Not sure if this is off topic but I think that animals feel our emotions very strongly. Like if they sense the vibrations or something. At least they notice little things like voice tone, movement, face movement etc. very efficiently.
edit on 25-12-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

Yes, sometimes it can even be that another's feelings can be taken as one own and we (or the animal) will think that it is their own emotion. But that emotion seems to be a response to something, something that is directed to another thing...

reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by arpgme

One-ness is the result of love. Love is the force that brings us together. To me, One-ness or unity is the ultimate expression of love so I guess I disagree to some extent with your idea.

If all is one then there is nothing to bring "together".

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have long believed that this very idea gives credence to the Christian concept of the divine trinity. If God is love and if at any point God existed as a singularity, there would - in the essence of the divine nature - be a necessity for a multiplicity of some sort even before the act of creation. Indeed, as an antecedent to any act of creation.

Hence exists a lover (Father), a beloved (Son), and the necessary agent and action of love (Holy Spirit).

This triune oneness, a direct effect of love, is the cradle of all creative effort, hence must exist before any act of creation.

Sorry if off topic. It seems to me to bolster your thesis from both a philosophical and theological perspective. Not looking to turn this thread into a theological debate, just wanting to support your premise from a different angle.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Love can definitely exist without duality, after all aren't the only Universal Truths Love and Oneness?

However, mabye love is better appreciated, or recognized more clearly in duality/polarity consciousness.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Originally posted by incoserv

Hence exists a lover (Father), a beloved (Son), and the necessary agent and action of love (Holy Spirit).

Never heard The Christian Trinity explained in this way, very interesting. It does make sense, though. If the nature of The Father is to love, then there has to be another to direct that love to.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Fortunately the "one" continues to manifest and our seperate realities are in need of some unification. It doesnt make much sense for it to ever stop as the end is just another beginning. So why start over?

Just the very thought of One-ness implies the "other" or duality. This is a never ending circumstance.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Why start "what" over? I'm not talking about ending anything - nor was I talking about "doing" anything. I was just talking about how emotions depends on another thing so it depends on duality. Hate has to be directed, Love has to be directed, Relaxation is not directed to any "thing" it is just felt.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
inclusiveness isn't love. love is a chemical reaction
edit on 25-12-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

non-duality is neither one nor more than one. The oposite of duality isn't the new age oneness or unity.. it is non-duality. Non-dual is both dependence and at the same time independent. This is the correct understanding.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
inclusiveness isn't love. love is a chemical reaction

No, love is not a chemical reaction. The heebie-jeebies you get that induce you to procreate are largely chemical, but dogs and dung beetles experience that.

Love is a conscious decision, the context of a commitment willfully and purposefully made to another. Those chemically induced heebie-jeebies may happen within the context of a love commitment, but love exists and carries on independently of the chemistry.

Modern culture has bought in wholesale into the Hollywood promoted lie that love means having a woody. That's why so many kids in the US are living in broken homes. I did. My children did not. Twenty- eight years married and counting, because my wife and I both believe this.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
OP..

After rereading your post you were speaking in terms of oneness and not making the jump of oneness or unity being one and the same with non-dual.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here's how I view it:

Unconditional love exists in infinite dimensions and infinite space, has infinite energy and indeed is ALL there is. It is pure consciousness, and we are this.

Remembering we are ONE, practicing the art of unconditional love is what service to others (STO) means. The recognition of yourself in all things and people, the recognition of self love, and recognition of the Oneness unity because you recognize your loved self in them/it. In other words the realization that there is only ONE of us here.

IMO Duality is but a way for the ONE to experience itself subjectively. So that We, as fragments of the One may truly know, collectively, the aspects of what only an illusion of separation can bring.

new topics

join