It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 injured after Chinese man drives car with makeshift-explosives into students

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
These are all done by PTB for agenda. And they seem to have a big one, even though Chinese don't have guns to disarm, they just want to introduce some form of Pre Crime.

Do you honestly believe that humans are incapable of doing these things?

I ask because EVERY TIME there is a thread on a human being doing horrible things to another, it's always, "PTB", and aliens, and blablabla...are you so naive that you honestly believe that human beings aren't capable of doing this?

If not, HOW THE HELL do you spout out this nonsense OVER AND OVER again that every tragic event is the PTB???

Don't you realize how illogical your reasoning is?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well said. Your post gets to the very heart of the issue in common sense terms. America is in denial if they think banning guns will have any real effect on mass murders. They will just use other means that could potentially be much more deadly.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Yeah. People like us don't see it in terms of the weapon used. We look at the senseless loss of life.

I might not go outside of my house for any of 2013.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

The real issue is mental illness and how we deal with it as a society.

A good start would be waking up to the role that we, as a society, have in the creation of mental illness.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Yeah. People like us don't see it in terms of the weapon used. We look at the senseless loss of life.

I might not go outside of my house for any of 2013.

That would be living in fear, and no way for a human and our loved ones to live.

We are no longer living in the jungles, but with civilised rational societies co-existing in peace to progress and evolve in many ways.

It is thus OUR responsibility as a civilised society to honestly and intelligently identify the REAL and TRUE reasons for these senseless acts, acknowledge them and then find ways to resolve it with our science, technology and moral/ethical guidelines of humanity.

NOT all mentally ill humans will become vicious humanslayers, but those that do are certainly seriously ill, and need help BEFORE they are allowed the freedom to go on killing sprees. Clinical and neurological as well as in depth pyschology is needed to combine and find a solution.

Banning tools would be the MOST IRRESPONSIBLE thing to do, for there are THOUSANDS of OTHER WAYS utilising everyday objects to slaughter soft skinned humankind enmass. Nor should we be living in fear of the insane few for ourselves and our loved ones as law abidding, responsible members of our societies.

It is high time you, me, along with our families, relatives, friends and our society's leaders take real actions upon the tool welder and not just on tools to show that they had done their job. Dealing with tools HAD PROVEN for centuries it didnt work, not in democracies or dictatorships.

edit on 25-12-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Thanks for the reply. You are right on target and it is not as simple as pointing to one certain thing that creates these mentally unstable individuals. I have covered a few in other threads but it boils down to money in the end as far as a real discussion on the root problems. It simply is not in the media's best interest to do so. Our base instincts are violent in nature because that was required for early man to survive. The media feeds on it for fat profits and yes we crave it. That should not give them license to profit from it. They are in fact feeding those base instincts for violence when they could and should be suppressing them. They personalize every tragedy by interviewing the victims and making the murderer famous. This has no positive effect on society. It only effects their profit margins.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm not afraid of the vast majority of mentally ill people. I know some happily crazy people, who are likely to never hurt anyone. I think that most of these murderers are probably overcome with accumalted anger or stress. I've seen some seemingly very psychologically stable people just emotionally explode out of the blue.

Why are so many people turning up, who are overcome with such extreme hatred and anger?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I fully agree with your post about the IRRESPONSIBILITY of the Media, playing up and sensationalizing tragic innocent deaths for deaths, and worse, by slanting towards tools as the culprit, instead of the tool welder.

Even more stupid are the influential talking heads of the Media, who freely spout, using the first admendment, their stupidities or one sided views to fool the ignorant masses, to support their own agendas.

Impartiality lays with the 3rd arm of the govt now - the Judiciary.

The talking heads and politicians had only proven their incompetence to go to the root of the matter to resolve issues. They cannot be trusted anymore. WIthin our own communities, we will have to find true leadership that will take on the irresponsible media and incompetent politicians, but it is my hope that those 2 estates will wake up before its too late and see themselves booted and tarred with feathers for life.
edit on 25-12-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Simply put. Technology and the information age out of control. It is like my grandmother said 50 years ago. "That damn TV will be the ruination of us all"

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Why are so many people turning up, who are overcome with such extreme hatred and anger?

The insignicant nobody me can only make educated guesses.

The world is in recession now and like jimmi had posted, money could be one. Media sensationalism creates attention whores the next. Birth related and environmental upbringing issues are others.

The real and true answer will have to come from funded, competent, impartial and dedicated professionals in the mental heath scholarly research institutions and industries.

It will be this answer and the follow up actions that will lay the ebb of such tragedies we see daily now, and not on the stop gap stupid irresponsible measure of 'banning weapons'.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Agreed, The mental health laws will have to be addressed in order to effect any real solution. It would not kill the media to stop bombarding society with violence. There is plenty to report on in the world. They could give good news more play and stop personalizing every tragedy.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I agree that many of these murders likely have a direct correlation to money, specifically the lack there of. However, I also think that money could also have a more casual role than it would appear.

People are continuously bombarded with knowledge of material possessions. and often manipulated into believing that they need it. In our current times, so many of us are lucky to just be able to round up the basics. So many more can't even secure the basics for their families. Throw in all the other disappointing, yet normal and unavoidable downers waiting in the average life, and some will eventually crack.

It seems like each decade of my life has brought with it a steady decline in the kindness we show each other. Along with a greater disbelief of ever securing a contented life .
edit on 25-12-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Even when a gun was not involved, people still bring it in to the conversation. Ban guns are the latest buzz words and people still won't look to the root cause, mental illness. You can take guns, but they will get more creative. "He only had a car and homemade bomb, if he had a gun, it would've been worse". The mentality is blame guns, even if it had nothing to do with it. Demonize them loud and often.. People need to get it through their head, it's not the tool, it's the intent.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

That's true.

However, laws are created by society - you, me, our families, relatives, friends and elected leaders. Laws are only as held as long as WE agreed and abide by them, each and everyone responsible.

The Lanza affair had provened that sadly, the insane man, even though cound NEVER have obtained a license to own a gun, MANAGED to get hold of them to inflict pain and suffering to many.

Someone had been irresponsible, and the subsequent slaughters elswhere around the world had equally proven certain groups irresponsible with their portrayal of realities that sensationalizes it and drove either sensation attention seeking whores to perform copycat slayings upon humanity.

There is much work needed to be done, not just by the legislatives worldwide, but us Mankind as whole. There is no need to discriminate the mentally ill, for not all mentally illed become mass murderers, but there is a need to ensure that they are not ignored or bullied, along with their loved ones, that will tip them over the edge.

Greater awareness, perhaps UN sponsored on mental health issues. Perhaps even the creation of 'prime directive microchip implants' - never to kill another innocent human except for self defense or societal sanction national defense against agression.

Such chips be implanted into those whom shows proven mental illness, that will react with the sensory brain and nerve cells, to paralyse them temporary if they should seek to go against the 'prime directive', enough to stop them in their tracks before anyone is hurt or harmed.

I am sure that there are more intelligent people out there than me who can think of better ways to help the mentally ill or temporary depressed. It is needed more than ever now, to share, discuss and find solutions to end the seemingly rising violence upon innocents around the world today.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You start letting them put chips in people who have mental problems, the list of illnesses and their symptoms are going to get very creative. I would bet 99% of people would be diagnosed as having some defect. Except our dear leaders of course.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I agree with you. However, in democracies, that's where the 3rd arm of the govt - the Judiciary, will have to step in to ensure that only the truly clinically mentally ill have such chips, as well as a watchful citizenery over ANY laws of such passed.

At the rate of our science and tech in neuroscience, whereby the invalid can 'talk and behave' just like normal humans with electronic parts, microchipping seems to be the way of the future anyway.

Still, my idea is my view alone and no one needs to share it. There may be better ways, and hopefully it can be found to end the tragedies today.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I agree with you. More attention has to be placed on the mental health issues without it becoming abusive to those effected. It is unfortunately true that every single person on the planet would be diagnosed with one disorder or another if they went through their testing procedures. I have myself taken those tests as well as IQ tests 40 years ago.. For me they came up with some long clinical name but he said " basicly you care too much about what other people think " Obviously that is harmless and probably a good thing, but nevertheless they had a name for it. It probably stemmed from questions like " Have you ever thought about your mother in a sexual way" which i answered no to.
edit on 25-12-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
time to ban vehicles now!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Time to wake up to ownership, and responsibility for our own Thoughts and actions....
If we could be at peace with ourselves, there would really be "peace on earth"

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ban all cars! Cars kill people! Cars are evil instruments used by evil minded people. Only the evil people of this world would ever use a car.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join