It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I connect spiritual world by meditation? Is it a long process?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I don’t know if this would help you but I have found that the best time to meditate is after a good cardio workout preferably a long run. After your heartbeat normalizes oh and make sure to stretch you can then find a quiet place to meditate to begin the meditation visualize the run you just did and remember the rhythm you found during the run try to sync your breathing and heartbeat. That’s a good start for a meditation session.

That has been the best way I have found to successful meditation. Somehow it helps me be ready for it. It is sort of like a ritual which I have read rituals are the way we prepare our minds to be free in the experience. Some people have tea ceremonies first. Anyway it is healthy.

Very nice advice. Thanks! So is there some connection to exhaust your physical body so that your mind will be more present and does not "wander around"?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy

So does a proper diet intensify the effect of meditation? How?

Mind body and spirit need to all work together. So the body needs a proper diet and a certain level of activity. That makes fasting easier. Fasting helps because it puts you into an altered state of consciousness. It makes sleep very potent and intense and lucid dreaming easier and having visions easier and it detoxes the body.

And do you have any good stories relating to this fasting thing and how it makes meditation better?

My method is to ride the tides of a solstice while fasting and reading mystical poetry and contemplation while in nature. It works. I've seen the Light. I've had tremendous success perceiving beyond the limits of my location and the limits of my personal belief system. My mind gets blown and expanded every solstice.

edit on 25-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I didn't change. I quit meditating. The so–called spirituality thing I was going through turned out to be impractical in the human world that I live in.

I understand what you mean. The new and old systems of thought if anything show us we change and evolve. Even the present belief system may keep changing and evolving.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Since you are new to meditation, you need to practice your focusing skills. I recommend focusing on the breath as a good introductory technique. First breathe in to a 5 count, hold for a 5 count then breathe out to a 5 count. Visualize breathing in positive energy, and visualize it looping down the front of your body and up the spine and over the head as you breath it into your nose if you are a male or the opposite if you are female.

Proper breathing also helps, and I use a full breath technique wherein I breathe out as far as is natural, then use my diaphragm to push out all the air in my lungs until they are completely empty. Then I slowly fill my lungs as far as is natural, then square your shoulders back and pull your head back and you can fill your lungs full all the way to the top, holding as long as is comfortable, then repeat. I said a 5 count, but once you practice it can easily become a 30 count as you learn to control your breath.

I can slow my heartbeat by counting a little slower than my heart is beating, and my heart comes to conform to the cadence of my count if I am having anxiety or anger over something.

If you are familiar with your chakras visualize this energy charging them up and opening them, focusing on each one for the space of a few breaths.

If you are not familiar with your chakras, they correspond to the colors of a rainbow, starting with red in the base chakra located in your gonads, then orange located in your lower belly, then yellow in your center a couple inches above your belly button, green in your heart, blue in your throat, indigo or purple in your 3rd eye area, and brilliant white at your crown.

Some schools of thought use 9 or even more, but being a simple creature I tend to focus on 7. Visualize a flow of energy looping up your back and visualize all 7 of these chakras being energized and opened. Each one corresponds with a different glandular system in your body and awakening them will result in a better balanced and healthier body.

Don't focus on just your 3rd eye and pinneal gland, as spending all your time on one chakra can have detrimental effects and leave you out of balance spiritually.

Binaural beats can be a very strange thing to experiment with once you get the focusing practice down. I really didn't get much effect from them before I did meditation regularly for a while, but after I practiced finding that trance state naturally, whoa, they were very interesting and had a big effect on my dreamstates in particular.

I believe that indeed you can find these spirit worlds through meditation, and as Mysterious Stranger said, you may find yourself in the lower worlds if you are in a dark mindset when you go into these trance states. I believe as the hawaiian hunas do that we are a trinity of spirit ourselves and that your lower self is the nagging voice in your head that keeps people in an addictive state or makes them overeat and feeds depressive states also, and that we have a higher self or spirit that can help to change and quiet that inner voice and help you if you find a negative entity that has been drawn to you.

Sometimes that lower voice is influenced by an attached entity, and if you at some point in your practice find yourself entertaining thoughts that you normally would not, be very aware that this could be an outside influence or attached entity causing this. I believe that the more you build your own chi and energize your aura or personal energy field that you may attract the attention of other entities, wanted or not, so learning to deal with those attachments should be a part of this practice.

You can find higher influences also and if you focus on the positive things you will attract these to your life as we are powerful creators in our own right. Whatever we are focusing on becomes our reality sooner or later. Just the focus on the breath and energy circulation will result in some interesting things happening to your brain and body and is the beginning of basic Chi kung.

I started this as a method of relaxing and sleeping better, and in the process brought kundalini energy into my life, which changed everything. Look into muscle testing to make sure you are circulating the energy in the correct manner as doing it wrong can produce negative instead of positive effects. You can test it as easily as locking your fingers and thumbs together in the classic OK fashion and them pulling them apart while trying to resist doing so.

If the process gets stronger with your circulation work it is positive, if it gets weaker it is negative. If you have a partner to practice this with extend your arm out and hold it straight at shoulder height and have your partner push it down as you resist, again stronger is better weaker is not.

Chi psychosis is a real phenomenon and anyone going into this practice should be aware of it and use your muscle testing to make sure this is not detrimental. Hope this helps you get started, and have fun!
edit on 25-12-2012 by Coopdog because: typos

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

Everyone meditates a little differently but part of my meditation involves realizing or noticing my physical body. After working out your body feels more alive so it makes it easier for me. First I realize and acknowledge my physical form which then helps me find my center. I don’t know if that makes sense. I don’t always exhaust my body in the workout but after sweating I feel cleansed part of my goal with meditation is cleansing my mind so the two work in concert with each other. It just helps me find a harmony altogether.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So basically I am very interested about meditation and connecting to something "greater". Can I for example connect to some higher dimensional entities by meditation. Basically I would like to hear some experiences by people who have succeeded in this. Also some tips how to do it would be nice. I want to be a better person and I want peace and happiness to all. I want to open my third eye, but when I meditate I feel nothing(havent tried it but couple of times now)

You want to be a better person, are you sure you want to be a better person in the 'greater' or be a better person in whatever it is you call what you are connected to now? Because it appears to me you already are a good person, it's the bad ones that don't want to think they are bad and need to change. Before you conquer your place in the 'greater', you need to establish yourself first in your current disconnected mode, like doing offline work first in preparation for you connecting.

Are you aware of the sacrifice you might have to make? As you progress the people around you will not creating an obvious gap. You are spending time on something which has little value in society, at best you might earn some by comforting other people who don't spiritually evolve but have the same problems, it's not something for your resume. You might have nights of tormenting nightmares leaving you deprived of sleep without an excuse for the boss.

But if you want to then you should start with visualization techniques. You can train your mind to visualize new things, that is using your willpower. Imagine yourself painting for example, doing anything. Or recall memories, repeat dialy interactions and examine your responses and the perceived others' for yourself and analyze them more closely to see things you've missed in the middle of the moment. Study as much as possible, you shouldn't connect to something greater then succeeding only to look like a wimp who wanted to use his connection to something greater to compensate for lack of selfconfidence. For which meditation is really great, but there has to be verbalized reasoning behind it, not the 'peace love all' attitude many newagers seem to have.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The thing that have worked on me to increased sense of feeling is unguided chakra meditative music from youtube that resonates inside your head since I am not the type of person that cannot turn of my mind.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well when I meditate I don't do it to achieve a status or some sort of connection I do it to clear my mind......FULLY clear it. I discovered mandalas almost a decade back and found when doing one I had achieved for the first time a real quiet peace in my head that I never have felt before, it was very pleasant. Coloring and focusing on the patterns made the world around me 'disappear' in a sense....I even lost track of 2 hours.

Another aspect I liked was the great variation in designs of the mandalas, or the fact I could make my own. I also chose the design based on how I felt I think and as I focused on only that and colored it. The emotions that were clouding my judgment or getting in the way of something, melted into the colors I applied.

I think the main thing that worked about it was that it was simple, which in my opinion should be the key to getting your mind at ease, why complicate the process? . Im not a spiritual person nor do I believe in the majority of new age things, but I do believe in the power of this type of activity and the healing effect. If you want to call it a spiritual world or just absolute peace and quiet inside your mind (a cleansing if you will) a simple meditation can actually do wonders.

The big things with any type of meditation is:

no distractions (that could even mean complete silence, I find that distracting in my mind, a light enjoyable sound or a very 'blend into the background' type of music).

Absolute comfort, but dont overindulge it.....10 down filled pillows could be a distraction lol.

Mood lighting (cliche but it's tried and true)

Other than that, my advice is what my history teacher taught me...KISS (Keep it simple stupid)...and absultely no offence was meant by that either. Expectations going into a meditation can really ruin things as well so don't over think things.

Edit: Wow did not think I wrote this much text sorry about the wall

edit on 25-12-2012 by topherman420 because: wallotext

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hint on meditation. You are looking for your Self. Other entities are there to guide you or could make trouble but if you seek your higher Self and pay attention to that, you will receive Truth.

Christ Consciousness is now streaming to our world and Gaia is in a higher dimension and can serve as a ground point for all your energies. I will look around tomorrow on my computer and provide a few video links to help with chakra and grounding basics. On my tab now so it isn't as easy to locate.

Glad you are on the spiritual path once more. Oh yes, you may find that for some reason ever since just before the solstice and great alignment stuff, mass meditations work incredibly, and I mean "holy crap I can Feel Love and Energy" from them. So if you want to start or join a mass meditation time, pick one or a few and concentrate all at the same time on similar goals. You can move mountains!

I bow to the Divine Light within YOU.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you see the buddha on the road....kill him! Don't settle for any "entity" however advanced they may be. Meditation is not about contacting advanced beings but reaching the realm of being itself. Pure being without being this or being that. As long as there is the duality of "you" and the "other" you have not reached the highest. In fact any truly advanced being is one who has reached this realm of pure being and the only value contacting them has is to receive instruction on how to reach there also. I suggest you do some study of various esoteric philosophy until you understand the true purpose for meditation. I would suggest Advaita Vedanta. Read some of the works of Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Woah so many good advices and links and material.

You guys are definetely very helpful and kind. Today I will start my path to meditation. I think I`ll start with breathing and counting to 10 while I visualize some beaufiful landscapes or something. I think 15min will be enough for novice like me. I think I will find some good meditation music from youtube too and keep minimum light.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeris
If you see the buddha on the road....kill him! Don't settle for any "entity" however advanced they may be. Meditation is not about contacting advanced beings but reaching the realm of being itself. Pure being without being this or being that. As long as there is the duality of "you" and the "other" you have not reached the highest. In fact any truly advanced being is one who has reached this realm of pure being and the only value contacting them has is to receive instruction on how to reach there also. I suggest you do some study of various esoteric philosophy until you understand the true purpose for meditation. I would suggest Advaita Vedanta. Read some of the works of Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta Maharaj etc.

Not that I disagree with your wisdom posted here, but I wanted to state that the quote:

"If you see the Buddha on the road.....kill him"

Can also mean many other things, including the truth that enlightenment is not religion.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Woah so many good advices and links and material.

You guys are definetely very helpful and kind. Today I will start my path to meditation. I think I`ll start with breathing and counting to 10 while I visualize some beaufiful landscapes or something. I think 15min will be enough for novice like me. I think I will find some good meditation music from youtube too and keep minimum light.

Binaural beats and Solfeggio frequencies are GREAT to work with.

Here' that link I promised:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I gave a few techniques in a thread the other day.( i dont know how to link to it) Its good that your interested but you wont master meditation by talking about it. Although there are techniques you can practice even while you are here reading this. As i type i am practicing the Breath technique i describe in the thread i mentioned.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just made my first 20minute session. Just focused on breathing and visualization. Got one nice warm sensation and somekind of light headnesness which lasted about 10-20seconds. Apart from that nothing spectacular. But definetely have to make this more often.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Binaural beats and Solfeggio frequencies are GREAT to work with.

Here' that link I promised:

www.youtube.com...

Gonna make my next meditation with that link!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeris

I gave a few techniques in a thread the other day.( i dont know how to link to it) Its good that your interested but you wont master meditation by talking about it. Although there are techniques you can practice even while you are here reading this. As i type i am practicing the Breath technique i describe in the thread i mentioned.

Ill try to dig that thread. Thats a good idea to make breathing practises while watching tv etc. Great! Thanks

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Such a complex subject. Don't be upset if you don't get it all at first. You will always reach your goals eventually if you keep pushing. I thought I'd never be able to reach the kind of peace I have to this day, but it came with natural effort. It was actually just the other day I had this amazing breakthrough in my personal development. So I know it's possible for you too.

Three steps to achieving stuff:
1.) You need to define what you're after and why. WHY is the important part, you must not lie to yourself.

2.) You need to really really really want it, the more desire for the right reasons are you're on the correct path.

3.) Effort and research. You need to be constantly pushing happily towards your goal. It's not a job, it's a fun, healthy, happy hobby. Also, you need to be constantly refining your practice to make it more potent. If you find a better path to your goal, TAKE IT.

Phew man. The world of the mind is so complex. You're going to be essentially discovering the world all over again from birth but without family to guide you. Its alot, Good luck man, I hope I didn't confuse you even more.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp

You're going to be essentially discovering the world all over again from birth but without family to guide you. Its alot, Good luck man, I hope I didn't confuse you even more.

No you didnt confuse me at all. Thanks for positive feedback. I gotta admit that if these things and experiences about metitation are true (I believe them) then I am so happy that I have stumbled into this subject by accident. I wish I had discovered this earlier.

Part of me cant understand or is doubtfull that there could be another world and we could have chakras and how it can be learned to open them. But what I have read, there are too many people telling good things about it so it cannot be hoax. Why on earth doesnt everybody meditate?? I wonder why meditation is not teached in schools???
edit on 26-12-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Because "Meditation" is an umbrella term for any kind of work you're doing that happens in the mind.

There are meditations that improve the will power, visualization, emotional control, confidence, etc. But they're all (confusingly) called "Meditation".

Personally my favorite meditations are purpose-and-goal-less because they feel good to me. Second favorite are fun meditations, where I just use my imagination to go where I please. I just make them up using a mix of visualization, intention, ritual/repetition, INTUITION, symbols, and other mental tools.

They SHOULD teach knowledge retention and confidence boosting techniques in school.

OK BTW. Learn to listen to your intuition. You seem like a natural so I'm definitely not worried for you. GL SIR!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join