Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Can I connect spiritual world by meditation? Is it a long process?

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So basically I am very interested about meditation and connecting to something "greater". Can I for example connect to some higher dimensional entities by meditation. Basically I would like to hear some experiences by people who have succeeded in this. Also some tips how to do it would be nice. I want to be a better person and I want peace and happiness to all. I want to open my third eye, but when I meditate I feel nothing(havent tried it but couple of times now)




posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy
 


Marking this thread as very interested what the experts have to say also.



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well a friend told me that you can achieve this type of meditation skill, while we were discussing the matter he told me the best way for you to go on about trying to connect spiritually in-tune with the world is to * surround yourself as much as you can while you are in your free time with "harmony" music, classical or a sound of peace, and then be creative with imaging scenarios in your mind with pure thoughts of doing the impossible, for example: You are in a small room & everything is white around you, it is not clear bright white as you can see the walls as it is just white paint on the walls but suddenly you felt like you wanted to modify the room so then you enlarged the room making it bigger & bigger then suddenly you see no walls but it is just pure white around you.

Stuff like that...

Hope this helps



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think it would be nice to communicate and share tips and experiences through this thread. Maybe everyone who are interested could get together here and we could master the skill of meditation and be better human beings.



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
Well a friend told me that you can achieve this type of meditation skill, while we were discussing the matter he told me the best way for you to go on about trying to connect spiritually in-tune with the world is to * surround yourself as much as you can while you are in your free time with "harmony" music, classical or a sound of peace, and then be creative with imaging scenarios in your mind with pure thoughts of doing the impossible, for example: You are in a small room & everything is white around you, it is not clear bright white as you can see the walls as it is just white paint on the walls but suddenly you felt like you wanted to modify the room so then you enlarged the room making it bigger & bigger then suddenly you see no walls but it is just pure white around you.

Stuff like that...

Hope this helps


Very nice information, thank you very much! I have used google and found lots of info and guides there also. I think this could be a wonderful journey to inside of me. I just have to dedicate some time to this rather than play nhl13 on xbox lol
edit on 25-12-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If you look through the list of my 100+ threads i wrote, there is one called, "two encounters with extraterrestrial life" or something like that. They were non physical beings. One "good", one "bad". Godlike. Angelic and demonic. Not in appearance, but in their presence.

Meditation helped me get there, but ever since the encounters, in haven't been able to meditate and every time I try, I feel worse than I did when I started, so I don't really do it anymore.

A desire to have an encounter with higher beings is helpful too. Also, try lucid dreaming.

I was going through a phase at the time where I considered myself to be wise and very spiritual. I'm not sure what that means anymore, but if you aim to be as spiritual as possible, this might help. Service to others was my motto back then. I would go out of my way to do nice things for people and even come up with new ways to be of service in every day situations. Like, at Red lights, I would stop in the left lane so that others could use the right lane to turn right. I tried to add to the efficiency of the world.

Keep the desire, and believe that it is possible, and I don't see why you couldn't have success. Love is important too.



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 





I was going through a phase at the time where I considered myself to be wise and very spiritual. I'm not sure what that means anymore, but if you aim to be as spiritual as possible, this might help. Service to others was my motto back then. I would go out of my way to do nice things for people and even come up with new ways to be of service in every day situations. Like, at Red lights, I would stop in the left lane so that others could use the right lane to turn right. I tried to add to the efficiency of the world.



If a system was working then why change it?



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yes, you can. No, its not a long or hard process....but quite different for each of us. I have been practicing it for 30 years. Yes, with much success.

U2U me privately, and I can answer any questions you may have. To do so on-forum, just brings out the "trolls', naysayers, and non-believers. And it is much too serious a subject.

If I do help and direct you in anyway? You have to promise too....to help someone else along the way in return.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: puncuation



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If you don't know what you're doing, you will end up getting things attached to you that you, yourself cannot get rid of. I tried to this back in high school. needless to say, 5 years later everything that I thought I talked to/heard/etc. finally disappeared. Unless you know what you're doing, don't even attempt. Please, Its like using a wegi board



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If you don't know what you're doing, you will end up getting things attached to you that you, yourself cannot get rid of. I tried to this back in high school. needless to say, 5 years later everything that I thought I talked to/heard/etc. finally disappeared. Unless you know what you're doing, don't even attempt. Please, Its like using a wegi board



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Absolutely!

I have been trying to astral project as a means to communicate with departed family and also to learn more about life. All's I know is that I successfully projected once for what felt like less than a minute, and I never wanted to come back.

Here's a link that WILL help you achieve what you are looking for
.

William Bulhman

I've been trying for just about a month now, and have achieved this once and believe to have communicated with my guide, I think. Alls i know is that this being didn't show herself, but was very kind with her words.

I meditate everyday, and probably will for the rest of my life. I want to experience it again and hopefully stay longer


Plus meditating is a great stress reliever!

Good luck friend!
edit on 25-12-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
If you look through the list of my 100+ threads i wrote, there is one called, "two encounters with extraterrestrial life" or something like that. They were non physical beings. One "good", one "bad". Godlike. Angelic and demonic. Not in appearance, but in their presence.

Meditation helped me get there, but ever since the encounters, in haven't been able to meditate and every time I try, I feel worse than I did when I started, so I don't really do it anymore.

A desire to have an encounter with higher beings is helpful too. Also, try lucid dreaming.

I was going through a phase at the time where I considered myself to be wise and very spiritual. I'm not sure what that means anymore, but if you aim to be as spiritual as possible, this might help. Service to others was my motto back then. I would go out of my way to do nice things for people and even come up with new ways to be of service in every day situations. Like, at Red lights, I would stop in the left lane so that others could use the right lane to turn right. I tried to add to the efficiency of the world.

Keep the desire, and believe that it is possible, and I don't see why you couldn't have success. Love is important too.


Definetely gonna check that encounter thread. Very good advices for life too. I try to treat others like I want to be treated. Sometimes it feels very frustrating when I see so much hate and ignorance towards each other.

So did you stop meditation cause you dont want to lure demons to make you feel worse?


Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Yes, you can. No, its not a long or hard process....but quite different for each of us. I have been practicing it for 30 years. Yes, with much success.

U2U me privately, and I can answer any questions you may have. To do so on-forum, just brings out the "trolls', naysayers, and non-believers. And it is much too serious a subject.

If I do help and direct you in anyway? You have to promise too....to help someone else along the way in return.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: puncuation


Ooh very nice. Definetely I will make a private message for ya and I promise to share your teachings forward. For example my sister and my mom are interested in these subjects so I think I could share it to them. I just need to think what I wan to ask from you and then I will U2U you. Nice!


Originally posted by sparky8580
If you don't know what you're doing, you will end up getting things attached to you that you, yourself cannot get rid of. I tried to this back in high school. needless to say, 5 years later everything that I thought I talked to/heard/etc. finally disappeared. Unless you know what you're doing, don't even attempt. Please, Its like using a wegi board


Yeah that is one concern for sure. But Im willing to take the risk. I think I want to find spirituality and the "turht". But very good warning and I should definetely take it to a concern and find some information about how to protect myself.



Originally posted by Xquizit
Absolutely!

I have been trying to astral project as a means to communicate with departed family and also to learn more about life. All's I know is that I successfully projected once for what felt like less than a minute, and I never wanted to come back.

Here's a link that WILL help you achieve what you are looking for
.

William Bulhman

I've been trying for just about a month now, and have achieved this once and believe to have communicated with my guide, I think. Alls i know is that this being didn't show herself, but was very kind with her words.

I meditate everyday, and probably will for the rest of my life. I want to experience it again and hopefully stay longer


Plus meditating is a great stress reliever!

Good luck friend!
edit on 25-12-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)


Gonna check the link as soon as possible. Omg this thread is so full of information that I cannot be but very thankfull and humble for all you kind people. I hope others who are interested take part in this journey too. All the beginners, lets learn from the mor experienced ones and educate our minds.

So how long do you usually meditate per day and how do you do it? Breathing and visualization?



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
you likely need to be aware of the process(es) and selecting the corridor best suited to your desired State of Consciousness

see: www.mindmotivations.com...


alpha, beta, delta, theta... but not in that order



then there are those 'beats' i think thas are [binaural] sp? that have the effect of transporting your vrain sensations into a state of differentness, not usual.... percussion drums
there are threads on ATS about drum trances


i favor some 'space music' and focising on either the inner 3rd eye
or perhaps a 'dot' of light your mind sees & concentrating on getting closer to it, close enough to enter that 'world' which is beyond that white or blue light 'portal' that once was only a speck of light some 3 or more minutes ago (in your minds eye


then there is mesmerizing into a crystal, or bowl of water... sometime called scrying... but that (scrying) is when you are still in a worldly, rational, natural world state of mind... instead of a very deep delta state...


sorry, there is NO one-size-fits-all protocol... each individual has their own method which works best for them at that particular point in their life



edit on 25-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage
 


I didn't change. I quit meditating. The so–called spirituality thing I was going through turned out to be impractical in the human world that I live in.



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy
 


That is pretty much why I stopped meditating.



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think you can benefit from the following below: I just U2U replied to a Forum member's questions, and Im sure they wont mind I share a bit of it with you all: which is something I dont usually do.
Hope it helps some.....MS

"If you are a younger person, to learn is different. Its because your outer subconcious isnt accustomed to all the feelings we find and go thru in life yet. Happiness, joy, hurt, sadness, euphoria, love. But, this by no means is meant to imply youre not ready, or cant learn: you can."

"There is goodness and real evil in the world and beyond. You have to be careful when you travel like when you are mad or sick or depressed, or angry. You may end up in places and with things dark because the techniques to do this...doesnt know the difference. They are just a means of travel."

MS



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy
 


Gonna check the link as soon as possible. Omg this thread is so full of information that I cannot be but very thankfull and humble for all you kind people. I hope others who are interested take part in this journey too. All the beginners, lets learn from the mor experienced ones and educate our minds.




Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit. Matthew 15:24



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don’t know if this would help you but I have found that the best time to meditate is after a good cardio workout preferably a long run. After your heartbeat normalizes oh and make sure to stretch you can then find a quiet place to meditate to begin the meditation visualize the run you just did and remember the rhythm you found during the run try to sync your breathing and heartbeat. That’s a good start for a meditation session.

That has been the best way I have found to successful meditation. Somehow it helps me be ready for it. It is sort of like a ritual which I have read rituals are the way we prepare our minds to be free in the experience. Some people have tea ceremonies first. Anyway it is healthy.



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy
 


I recommend that you aim for the summer solstice. When it arrives, be a) in the middle of a fast and b) reading and meditating on mystical literature such as the poetry of Rumi. Fasting will make meditation a snap, and the solstice energy will give you 'mana'.

That gives you plenty of time to plan your fast. You will have to ease into it...gradually eliminating foods from your diet as the solstice approaches. Perhaps go from your normal diet to a caffine and sugar free diet, then drop dairy, then grains, then go onto a brown-rice fast. Then a juice fast. Then a water fast a day or so before the solstice.

Then ease your way back out of the fast. You'll find much on the net to help you form an exact plan. Good luck.

edit on 25-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy
 


I recommend that you aim for the summer solstice. When it arrives, be a) in the middle of a fast and b) reading and meditating on mystical literature such as the poetry of Rumi. Fasting will make meditation a snap, and the solstice energy will give you 'mana'.

That gives you plenty of time to plan your fast. You will have to ease into it...gradually eliminating foods from your diet as the solstice approaches. Perhaps go from your normal diet to a caffine and sugar free diet, then drop dairy, then grains, then go onto a brown-rice fast. Then a juice fast. Then a water fast a day or so before the solstice.

Then ease your way back out of the fast. You'll find much on the net to help you form an exact plan. Good luck.

edit on 25-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)


So does a proper diet intensify the effect of meditation? How? And do you have any good stories relating to this fasting thing and how it makes meditation better?






top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join