It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Then ATS.. What Did Santa Bring You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

lmao i have never seen a 1 slice toaster.. only 2 and 4 slice lol

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Kinda like this one:

www.lulusoso.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
gifts were nice but my fave part of today was sleeping off the christmas dinner.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nothing

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know...As I get older the holidays seem a little artificial to me. It's all nice and fun but something is missing for sure, I guess the thrill of just being a kid on a X-mas day. Things change and dissolve and dissapear and reappear, but we never have it the same way anymore.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I got a BCAA membership for my car. Something i'm actually very pleased with.
Means if I break down or get in an accident etc, they will come and take care of anything.

And 200$. Can't go wrong with that.

But I think the most powerful gift was re-learning the meaning of Christmas to the kids.
My cousins are visiting right now and they are really fun to be around.
We are playing old Nintendo games like Mario 3 and Faxanadu.

And SANTA brought them a remote-control helicopter and a doll/pink train set respectively.

They really like to laugh and joke around it's fun.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Nothing

That's just wrong. Applause for you. Just don't call me Santa. I have less weight. He has more hair.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I got nothing but i did live to see another day so im grateful for that
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I got to have my whole family over for big annual party last night, with the out-of-town husband present via Skype so he didn't miss the festivities. Good family, good friends, good food, good wine and lots of presents. Fun and hugs were had by all!

Today I got a big storm with flash floods, heavy winds, a few tornadoes and power outage. Gotta take the bad with the good sometimes!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I got a T-shirt and a pair of shoes that I can't quite find a word to identify. They're like if Sketchers and Vans had a baby.

This year we ( nobody in my very large family ) even bothered with a Christmas dinner. Usually there are like fifteen or twenty to try and attend each year. This time around? Not a single one. I don't know if the economy is that bad, or people are just becoming more and more self-absorbed and detached these days?

Something is certainly off, at least in my neck of the woods. No holiday spirit - myself included.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Bend down here Heff...this widdle Fairy will give you a Christmas peck on the cheek...wanna bar of soap????

Not much Christmas spirit here either.....Bear, my dog did enjoy eating the Christmas cookies Santa brought him.

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Something is certainly off, at least in my neck of the woods. No holiday spirit - myself included.

Same boat, different floors..

ETA: It's the GMO bro!
edit on 25-12-2012 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Lots of socks!!! I love socks... not much comes close to putting on a brand new pair of socks (the magic dissappears as soon as they've been in the wash, but for that one day with brand new socks on, I always feel that little bit better).

And I also got a brand new rain coat. Which is exactly what I needed, as I had to get rid of my other one (as it wasn't rain proof anymore) not long ago, so it's the most perfect pressie ever. Love it!

Happy Christmas everyone - here's hoping for more socks come Christmas 2013!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I got a HD blue ray 1TB external hard drive with remote, 2 sets of black socks, a pair of jeans, a pair of Simpsons pajamas, a pair of moccasin slippers, an MTV T-shirt, a Lee Cooper shirt, a Marvel civil war book, a Tolkien book, a Kangol blazer, 2 pairs of Lee Cooper chino trousers, a pair of shoes, Hugo Boss after shave and a box of chocolates.

I'm sorry for all those who got nothing, but you asked, so I replied.

We also had a buffet party on the 24th, where we sing Andalusian music together and a massive 25th lunch today where too much food was cooked like turkey with all the trimmings, gammon, 2 free rage ducks from our mini farm, a leg of pork, rhubarb crumble and well, there's just too much stuff to mention.
I'm going to be 32 years old.
I told all my nieces and nephews, be grateful with the amount of presents you got because there's people out there who have nothing, not even a meal, we're lucky to have what we have, appreciate everything.
It's all luck. It's luck that I was born here and not somewhere else where people are starving to death.
We make a giant effort all year round for this particular season.
Everyone in the family does, and I appreciate that.
I've spent hundreds of euros on other people, and I feel great about it. Nothing goes to waste though, no toys are ever thrown, when they get old, we ourselves in person take them to the poorer kids, we also give money and anything we can to a church down the road who give out presents to all the poorer kids.
You can say what you want about the church and big business, but I've been there and seen it with my own two eyes, the priest goes to Carrefour and fills up TROLLEYS with loads of stuff that Carrefour give for FREE, and not crap stuff, the latest stuff out on the market and I respect them for that.

Merry Christmas everyone. The most important part of this season is being with the family and keeping those traditions, we're very traditional where I'm from.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
I just recieved a texted invite to my families house for Christmas dinner.. Also a saucy email from my estranged girlfriend...

So what you get then???

A beautiful sweater..... but over top of it, wrapped in tissue paper was two of my portable 2.5 inch hard dives. My wife thought it would be funny. I believe I made a strange face, but then no one was looking at me; only at what I was unwrapping....

btw, Christmas is for kids, adults should only buy, not receive......

We have most everything anyone could possibly want so gift giving is far down the list at Christmas..........
edit on 25-12-2012 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick
Lots of socks!!! I love socks... not much comes close to putting on a brand new pair of socks (the magic dissappears as soon as they've been in the wash, but for that one day with brand new socks on, I always feel that little bit better).

And I also got a brand new rain coat. Which is exactly what I needed, as I had to get rid of my other one (as it wasn't rain proof anymore) not long ago, so it's the most perfect pressie ever. Love it!

Happy Christmas everyone - here's hoping for more socks come Christmas 2013!

Speaking of socks.......

On the way to work Monday morning the guys on the radio were relating stories of Christmas's long gone and the gifts they would give, get or make. One said that with a few pairs of old wool socks, some turkey grease and some tins cans he'd make a tobaggon. Such we're the days when kids used their imagination.

Apparently some older adults on the radio have quite the imagination too !

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

No presents, but I got to talk to family and friends and they are healthy and happy

Plus, I get to watch Big Bang Theory all day

running with the wolves

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just got a legit, straight-up, Christmas miracle!!!

When Des replied to me earlier, I almost posted that all I wanted was some honey baked ham and yams! I actually typed it out, and then didn't post it because it felt petty. I'm a single male, and, though I can cook very well, I have no interest in ever investing the time it takes to cook. So, basically, I was looking at a bologna sammich or a Hot Pocket for Christmas dinner...

Well my next door neighbor, who I am friendly with, but don't often speak to, knocked at my door a minute ago. In his hands? A HUGE plate of turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, and collared greens! ( Yes, I live in the south, COPE!
) and he said "We had so much leftover from dinner, I thought you might enjoy a plate!"

Two things. Wishes really do come true sometimes and my next door neighbor rocks!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Santa brought me a good old,.......hangover from hell.

Oh and also some clothes and gift cards.

And a lizard wearing a santa hat

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
You know...As I get older the holidays seem a little artificial to me. It's all nice and fun but something is missing for sure, I guess the thrill of just being a kid on a X-mas day. Things change and dissolve and dissapear and reappear, but we never have it the same way anymore.

A thousand stars to you if I could on this.
Even with the goodies I got that I really wanted, it has not been the same since I figured out the game.
The problem is I believe, the only real magic is in the kids eyes.
Ignorance is bliss, Oh to be ignorant again if only for one day in a year.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join