It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Obama's Daughters Attend Has 11 Armed Guards

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

What it comes down to is money. Yes we know we need armed guards at the schools, in plain clothes, with plenty of trigger time and psychiatric exams. That costs a ton of money, especially to have 5 or more in each school.

This will NOT happen, cuz it costs money - similar to health care.

If it does happen, it will be in a bad way. Not enough exams and trigger time... Doubt it will even happen though. Maybe a cop at every school (already is).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeneri

Actually dummy, Secret Service has a $20 million expense account for the US President. Those funds are tasked with protecting with the US President and his family. I'm sure you can conclude the tax payer funds this expense account which protects little Nobamas. I dare you to tell me there's no Secret Service protection at Sidwell.
edit on 27-12-2012 by jeneri because: (no reason given)

Psst: These 11 are not Secret Service. The Obama children have 15 secret service on top of these 11. These 11 are not paid for with tax money.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeneri

Actually dummy, Secret Service has a $20 million expense account for the US President. Those funds are tasked with protecting with the US President and his family. I'm sure you can conclude the tax payer funds this expense account which protects little Nobamas. I dare you to tell me there's no Secret Service protection at Sidwell.

I don't usually respond to those who name call but just to set the actual facts straight.

1. most important to the story, this was about armed guards at the school. Not secret service agents. Clear yourself on the actual story please.

2. Every president and their family, in the last century has had secret service protection. What's the issue? nvm, because secret service protection is off topic. Because this is about the school.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Agreed. If the guards are of the quality of these private schools, then go for it. I'd also like a rider in that bill to pay teachers more as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
But you know, it's not just the school the Obama's daughters attend that has armed guards - many Congressmen, business leaders and just rich people send the kids to these schools because they're safe. Do you not see the hypocrisy that their kids are more valuable than yours? Don't let anyone tell you that armed guards cannot keep a school safe. They don't even have to be openly armed and look like stormtroopers.
We're all entitled to safe schools, if it takes armed guards to keep their kids safe ours are worth it just as much.

The school, Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC, has 11 security officers and is seeking to hire a new police officer as we speak. If you dismiss this by saying, "Of course they have armed guards -- they get Secret Service protection," then you've missed the larger point. The larger point is that this is standard operating procedure for the school, perio

www.breitbart.com...

I strongly agree with this. I mean they should care more about both issues: from firearms and health. Also, it's great to see Obama's daughters at least safe and guarded, knowing they don't really have to worry about anything. The taxes should truly help poor people, especially minorities who need the help.

Social Networking for People of Color: www.huelinks.com

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rennies7

come on... Please read the story. Our taxes pay for none of this.I assume this was just an honest mistake on your part
edit on 27-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It is sad as a n Aussie to see how the disparity between the rich and middle class and then the average ..then the poor has so many gaps

In Britain and Australia we know all about it.

And we know the same is true for the poor of the USA.

I guess those who believe that Hollywood has movies made about Judaism Heroes,Christian Heroes, and Islamic Heroes , in equal measure, believe the world is fair, believe in the equality issue.
We the ones not from rich backgrounds know..Hollywood is fiction.
Meant to give value to parasites/r not.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yes...about that....

Tanks for swat teams anyone?

edit: for clarity - i am saying get rid of the extra police spending and pay teachers more, starting with inner city.
edit on 27-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

interesting thread. my son is in high school and has a couple tough guy friends. he claims he intentionally cultivated these friendships as a form of protection. doesn't inspire much confidence when your kid tells you this at the dinner table

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ftman

yet fail to realize their "protection" is actually killing more innocent people than it's helping.

Oh, really now how in the hell would you know if your not from this country? Guns save lives every single day for an entire century what the hell are you talking about. I like how people not in this country want to talk smack like they know what happens in our country on a daily basis.

Also guess what, you don't have to shoot the gun to protect yourselves. Most of the time people will just pull it out on someone and tell them to get the hell down the road without shooting anybody. What you gonna do in england some guy comes up with a machette and says give me your money or die. Have fun.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ok. Let's pretend you're President of the U.S., which alone, is a reason for people to mess with your family.
Now, you happen to be the 1st black man to be President as well.
You have 2 daughters.
How are you going to protect those two precious children from the nutjobs and well, anyone else that wants to blackmail or hurt you or them?? What catastrophes could occur nationwide, if they were compromised?

It's a matter of National Security that those children are guarded. It's also a matter of protecting your kids from harm, like any parent has to, but on a much, much higher level.
The same goes for the children of the wealthy. I'm sorry, but if I were to magically obtain great wealth and had children, they need to be protected more-so than if I were to have kids in my current status. You don't think there aren't people who would love to extort a ransom from the wealthy? The Jolie-Pitt kids and those like them need the added protection. You would do the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow
Ok. Let's pretend you're President of the U.S., which alone, is a reason for people to mess with your family.
Now, you happen to be the 1st black man to be President as well.
You have 2 daughters.
How are you going to protect those two precious children from the nutjobs and well, anyone else that wants to blackmail or hurt you or them?? What catastrophes could occur nationwide, if they were compromised?

It's a matter of National Security that those children are guarded. It's also a matter of protecting your kids from harm, like any parent has to, but on a much, much higher level.
The same goes for the children of the wealthy. I'm sorry, but if I were to magically obtain great wealth and had children, they need to be protected more-so than if I were to have kids in my current status. You don't think there aren't people who would love to extort a ransom from the wealthy? The Jolie-Pitt kids and those like them need the added protection. You would do the same.

I don't have any problem with that at all. The hypocrisy comes from when the elite, surrounded by armed body guards, tells the common man they do not need to retain the means of protection.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

But you know, it's not just the school the Obama's daughters attend that has armed guards - many Congressmen, business leaders and just rich people send the kids to these schools because they're safe. Do you not see the hypocrisy that their kids are more valuable than yours?

No I do not. I, like most folks equiped with a brain, understand that the daughter of the President of the United States of America is a target for Terrorists and Wackos. I also understand a father who is worth Millions or Billions might have special concerns for his children. Kid-Napping...ever heard of it?

Acknowledging those glaring truths does not in any way mean that those kids are "more valuable" than anyone elses APART from the value thier death or abduction would have have to terrorists or criminals.

What part of that simple logic do you not understand?

ATS seems a battle of stupidity lately. Where debates don't even begin with facts or logic, but rather start from places of willful ignorance or dishonesty.

Yes, simple logic. Their children are not any more valuable than mine. Although someone may not want to kidnap or harm my child for political reasons, there are many, many other reasons why someone would want to harm or kidnap my child. Just the very fact that I am an MD who frequently refuses narcotics to junkies puts a target on me and my family. Ever have a strung out junkie show up on your front porch demanding drugs and threatening violence if he didn't get them? I have. I have no problem with the wealthy and high ranking government officials having armed guards. My problem comes when they have armed guards for thier own families but want to ban the tools I use to protect mine.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I find the logic behind this thread quite bizarre.

He is the "leader of the free world".. regardless of who he is personally he is as a powerful head of state.. more than that he is a symbol for the people and of a country just like any monarch is.

He is also Commander-in-Chief of the US army.

What message would it send to US military enemies if one was able to target a family member of it's leader? What would that do to military morale and most importantly the confidence of US citizens if an elected president couldn't even protect his own child?
edit on 26-12-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

"Just like any monarch?" Therein lies the problem. He is not "king for a day" he is a public servant. Sure, the highest ranking public servant in the nation, but a public servant nonetheless. This is the problem with Washington...so many of them consider themselves royalty and the elite rather than what they really are: public servants who serve at the will of the people.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

That is not what they really are, that is what they are really supposed to be. Just like you're supposed to slow down when the light turns yellow.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by NavyDoc

That is not what they really are, that is what they are really supposed to be. Just like you're supposed to slow down when the light turns yellow.

I hear you.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by tide88

And the reason for the Sandy Hook massacre was.......?
What child of a politician attended there - or Columbine?
And you accuse me of ridiculous statements.

Ahh...OK...so the Daughter of the President is at risk in the same way that the average school child is?

OK...so 30,000 people die in the USA due to Auto Accidents...should we require that all drivers in the USA wear full Helmets, Chest Harness's etc...just like race car drivers? Require roll bars in all vehicles? Shout about how our family are just as important as race car drivers?

How many people are mugged each year? Shouldn't we all be entitled to personal armed guards? Like banks? We carry cash? Those bankers lives are no more important than ours!!!

Or how about we acknowledge that race car drivers have a much greater chance of getting into an accident, and robbers target banks cuz that is where gobs of money is? Or that a terrorist might inflict more "terror" by killing the Daughter of the President than a random citizen?

The President's daughters did not have armed guards before he entered office. Nor did the President...did the President love his kids less then? At what point do you allow common sense to enter your thinking?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Yes, simple logic. Their children are not any more valuable than mine.

Valuable?...as in their value as human beings? Absolutely correct. 110%

As a "valuable" target for International Terroists or a crazy magnet for every whacko that wants a place in the history books...WRONG.

And no offense...but any argument that begins by denying that reality is retarded. You want to make a case...begin by acknowledging reality first.

If you believe that all of our children equally warrants a security detail, and that seems practical and you want to see it implemented, then go for it.

And if you have an occupation that puts your children at risk, then I would speak with your employer and the police...while at the same time understanding the number of children that are killed or abducted by entirely random circumstances.

The EITHER or OR fallacy...the binary fallacy...the claim that all of our kids are at EQUAL risk as the Presidents...fails outright.

How many race car drivers died this year in auto accidents?
How many non-race car drivers died in auto-accidents this year?

Why don't we all wear helmets and harnesses and have roll bars!!!

Or we can THINK....How many race car drivers are there? How many non-race car drivers? Are the risks equal? How many President's daughters are there? Does being the Daughter of the Commander and Chief of the US War on terror elevate the risk of murder or abduction??

NAAA...Who wants to THINK!!! Lets just keep up the retarded logic.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
My problem comes when they have armed guards for thier own families but want to ban the tools I use to protect mine.

You need a semi-automatic, high-velocity AR-15 assualt rifle with a high capacity magazine capable of killing 20 children and 8 adults in less than 4 minutes...to protect yourself from a junkie? How crappy of a shot are you? Or are your children at risk of a Zombie Apocolypse?

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join