It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

I'd like to start by saying that, no, I think I'm of reasonably sound mind. I don't believe in psychic powers, or intuition, or whatever runs along those lines.

But something bizarre is happening to me and it's getting worse (if you can call it worse, since I'm not sure that it's neccesarily a "bad" thing). I've tried to put it in the back of my mind as just random coincidences, but when coincidences start running concurrently, numerously, every day, the skeptic in me just shuts up because it doesn't know how to respond to something like this.

I've had those moments in my life where I will, say, read a book and get to a part where the character finds something, like money, and then I find money later on. Alright, not a big stretch, just a coincidence.

But for the past couple of weeks stranger things happen that makes me question if they're coincidences. Some examples:

About a week ago, numerous times, I would be reading a book or an ATS thread, or speaking to someone about a particular topic, and then as I'm watching a TV show shortly afterwards the same sorts of topics would pop up. An example of this would be in watching an episode of Thin Blue Line, after talking about ESP and X-Files, the characters would inevitably bring them up, but in seperate and incongruous situations.

You may be going, "Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything."

But in ways I can't explain and, in many cases, can't specifically remember, whenever a topic of some kind comes to mind, I've pretty much come to expect that said-topic will probably be referenced at some point in a TV show, or an ATS thread will pop up mentioning it, or somebody will speak of it in a real world conversation.

I'm not going crazy, am I? I've kept my mouth shut about it, but I'm not imagining these things. I'm of sound mind and body, but maybe I should go see a therapist?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

My suggestion would be to just enjoy it with a healthy level of detachment. Also keeping a high level of situational awareness about yourself can't do any harm.

I am of the opinion that consciousness creates individually and collectively.

Try not to get wrapped up emotionally, and remember to get healthy amounts of rest, eat well, etc. Being mindful of your mind and thoughts might be a good idea too. If you start getting "negative" signs do you best to let them pass through you and do not focus on them.

If you have not practiced any sort of meditation before, now might be a good time to try it out.

Merry Christmas!

Namaste

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Remember all this is just my opinion, you should do and will do whatever is best for you, and what feels right.

I'm not going crazy, am I? I've kept my mouth shut about it, but I'm not imagining these things. I'm of sound mind and body, but maybe I should go see a therapist?

I do suggest keeping the majority of these "coincidences" to yourself, at least for now. Mainly because when they start happening at an even faster rate (sometimes it can become overwhelming), any attempt at explaining them to an outsider will not help matters.

Once you are able to articulate "things" better and have integrated certain experiences, if you feel comfortable by all means share if someone will listen.

If you feel things getting out of control by all means seek psychiatric help. That doesn't make you crazy, the majority of therapists have therapists of their own.

Best wishes!
edit on 24-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I think there is more to it than just coincidence. I have had some of the same experiences. I really wanted to see the movie coneheads and thought about the movie for several days then there it was on cable. I have had the same think with the movie, the arrival. I thought, I havent seen that movie in a long time and then there it was on the tv guide channel. I have more examples than just movies. I am not sure if its collective consciencce or something else all together.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Exact thing happens to me.

But I read a lot of stories. Every day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'll be thinking about a topic and then I read a random story that just happens to be about it. Or I'll bump into something and it just so happens to be about what I was reading recently.

I know they're coincidences.

There's a part of my imagination that asks: What if something or somebody or some "it" can speak to us both in the past and in the future without limitations to space/time as we know it?

But I don't actually think that's what's happening. I think they're coincidences.

They say you're only crazy when you believe your craziness. So just don't believe it. I think that this is easy to do because I think that most people experience this phenomena. Until "it" meets you in person and speaks fluently and answers all your questions, it's easy to chock it up to chance. While some of my experiences with this phenomena are interesting, they're not substantial enough to warrant more than that. If they were then I'd have to assume they're more than coincidence.
edit on 25-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I have been having an inordinate amount of synchronistic events lately as well.

Some are so profound; I don't just think it's coincidences anymore!

Someone, something is trying to tell us something; But with our limited cognitive power; we can't tell what it is.

Or and that a big OR...the world we are able to see with our limited senses is more influenced by mystical, quantum, spiritual, metaphysical entities and forces than we can even imagine.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal

I think there is more to it than just coincidence. I have had some of the same experiences. I really wanted to see the movie coneheads and thought about the movie for several days then there it was on cable. I have had the same think with the movie, the arrival. I thought, I havent seen that movie in a long time and then there it was on the tv guide channel. I have more examples than just movies. I am not sure if its collective consciencce or something else all together.

that happens to me all the time.. ill think of a movie and bam there it is on tv

but i do have alot of channels lol

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
One word: synchronicities. As a perfect example of one, I was just talking about them in a thread I created tonight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They happen so frequently to me that it almost has a deja vu type feeling to it, but it isn't deja vu. They're more than just coincidences, I can tell you that. You'll find that this has been happening to people more and more frequently over the past year or two, even few months or weeks. It's like a new version of the 11:11 phenomena, but albeit more personal, stuff you can't look past, it's like an attention-getter.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

No my friend, you're not crazy.

I personally, am convinced that what you describe is some form of temporal awareness ie: an ability to perceive time(space) before you, or after you in a heightened way.

I believe that these heightened perceptions express themselves in very different and unique ways among people to various degrees, naturally, some recalling past lets call them "things" like they are stored in a data bank of some kind, ready for instant recall.

Others, whom experience the future recall, experience an entirely different, and largely non-understood or reviewed phenomenon.

I'm convinced that these phenomenon differ for many, but, as with all things, similarities can be found in the manifestations of these perceptions for people, and simply put, what you described, I can fully attest.

I have experienced what you're describing, but to a degree so great, it literally put me in a state of awe and, well, fear, when I finally took a breather and realized the voracity of what was going on around me. It honestly felt like reality, down to the very people around me, was bending to what I can only say was "synchronous" with my mind. I would think something, and almost immediately it would be answered or mirrored in an almost exact fashion, whether it was seeing a movie come on, a person's physical or verbal expression, those expressions in person or from tv, people's verbal or physical expressions over images, whether moving or captured image, #ing traffic signals, animal noises and specific tone and timing, specifics on cars passing by, songs, music, numbers, sometimes in 'disordered' sequences or layout, and all of these, with an emphasis of "amplitude" on more recent and proximal images/videos/expressions/occurrences. The thing that was really interesting, is the strength or perceived "amplitude" of these "coincidences" seemed like a fairly steady curve up, from very old movies, recordings, text, 'inputs' being the lowest, to "in person" interaction being of the greatest amplitude. It's like some #ed up form of synaethesia and knowing what to expect, all the time.

If you want my advice? Be very weary and tread lightly when seeking those "signs" too much, and be especially weary if you allow yourself to get caught up in "like the back of my hand" seeking, ie: if you are a very curious, and very crafty seeker. - if that makes any sense.

Just remember to trust in the good within yourself, and remember that you can always jump into the zone that is your natural, your root zone, because the particular zone of "uber coincidence" doesn't seem to be, how do I put this, unoccupied. Maybe that's just me, and maybe I'm dealing with something extraordinary, or maybe it's a truth about that particular way of thinking/mind zone.

Call me crazy too, but that # gets way too real, way too fast; when you have the wherewithall and courage to get to the point of realizing something is up with that stuff - the people around you who can't understand, but just have this fishy look sometimes, animals too, they just sense something is strange, like an earthquake, but not of the Earth, of the mental plane.

I say tomato, you say tomahto. Ya know?

Who knows?

I think I know.

edit on 25-12-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

the other day i dremt i was dropping the little off at school but i was late and her teacher said hi.....good shes here.

i then get a phone call and wake up and it was my little ones teacher to see if my little ones comming in,and as she is talking to me my little one walks in the door and she stop the conversation with oh good here she is...........

it was odd.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Not at all. I have no examples because I quickly forget such instances, but I know they have happened to me. And, it's not a matter of going from one website to another and finding the same topics. I'll read something here and someone that doesn't even use the internet (say, someone at work) will bring up the same topic on the same day. Or, I'll simply overhear someone talking about it to someone else.

It does make one think, "This can't be coincidence," but it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It is just synchronicity. Some see 11:11 or multiples of 11, some get that information is reinforced form several places at once. Some people ask a question during the day and people that are around the person will answer that question for the person.

Just accept that it is and play around with it while obeying the golden rule if you want to.

Are noticing any other symptoms/spiritual changes like tingeling or noises? Do not worry if you do not feel like it.
edit on 25-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'd say to read some books on Synchronicity like Carl Jung's book by the same name. I'm not advocating Amazon it is just easier for me to paste from there:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356447919&sr=8-1&keywords=Synchronicity

This is a very good book on how to control it and your imagination. This is the threshold of Magick. My favorite book on the subject might change your life:

www.rawilson.com...

I have kept a book of sychronicities of finding the number 23 everywhere I look. I kept it for 5 years until I had to quit because I couldn't keep up with all the 23s that pop up in a day.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My friend you are not the only one with this this stuff is happening to me for quite some time allrdy.
exactly like people here describe read about something the next day it comes up as conversation out of the blue.
and even the other way around think of something or talk about it, and it comes up in some random text or movie.

crazy thing am not sure i should share but hey, yesterday night i was going for a walk(after a voice in my head kept telling me to go for an hour or so). so am out walking with my ipod 12 at night alone in the streets. Telling to me self ok you got me out here now "show me the nines" (am aware this helps trigger it in a way) i seen so many nines it wasnt even funny anymore house number licence plates what ever you name crazy amounts of nines.
The max i counted was 6 licence plates in a row all had atleast one nine in them.
Kinda beats some odds in my eyes, the craziest thing as am walking down the road a car comes up i tell my self it has a 5 and a 6 in the plate it didnt, however the next plate i see has a 9 a 5 and 6.

I know how it sounds it even makes me wonder if am not looking to much into it or that am maybe even losing it.
You may be the judge of that, the only reason am sharing this is to let you know your not alone in this.
and as i wrote that last sentence the following popped in my mind: think of the chances of that happening to about 17 hours ago and then reading a post about it here on ATS.
Like i said you be the judge
Happy hollidays

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Information reoccurs across many formats, much of it being regurgitated or repackaged into something different. It's common to have reoccurring familiarity with certain topics; in fact, it's bound to happen.

I don't know what else besides coincidence that could cause this to continually occur in your case, unless perhaps you are being watched and they chose to mess with you by augmenting the programming schedule to coincide with your viewing of television shows, but that seems highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No, you are not crazy.

Yes, it's happening to more people than you know, especially within the past 4 or so years.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Information reoccurs across many formats, much of it being regurgitated or repackaged into something different. It's common to have reoccurring familiarity with certain topics; in fact, it's bound to happen.

I don't know what else besides coincidence that could cause this to continually occur in your case, unless perhaps you are being watched and they chose to mess with you by augmenting the programming schedule to coincide with your viewing of television shows, but that seems highly unlikely.

Oh heavens no, I'm not excessively paranoid. In fact, this doesn't really scare me, per say, it just weirds me out how frequent and obvious the coincidences are becoming. This morning, I made three sandwiches, put them away, and had a friend come over with two other unexpected friends who all wanted to know if I could fix them sandwiches. On top of that, I wanted a DayZ (zombie survival game) hoodie and GameStop gift card for Christmas, but didn't tell that to anybody, and subsequently recieved a GameStop gift card and The Zombie Survival Guide from my aunt and uncle. We then ate at a restaurant I was secretly really wanting to eat at before I left for home, right before I left for home.

I don't think I'm being monitored or anything silly like that. Why would somebody want to watch what I'm doing? I live a life most people would find rather uneventful and, dare I say, boring.

edit on 25-12-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Are you hearing or seeing things?? If so, what State are you in? Amy in NC

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Donice

If you are serious, please respond. What are you hearing? Are you seeing any weird things like- Lights, Shadows or Orbs? This is going on all over the country and people are afraid to talk about this issue. I call this a Telepathic Link, and some are calling this The Hive.

The most important information is what State are you in? I am trying to track areas that this is occurring in. I am in NC and this has been active since Sept-2006. Be aware that others on the link may make up games, use common sense and don't do anything negative.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Are you going through this Telepathic Link Issue or some call it The Hive? What State are you in? I am in NC

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join