It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "NWO" is not an organized group; rather, it is a buzzword.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
To clarify, it is a buzzword futurologists, sociologists, historians, philosophers, etc. all use to describe the same eventuality. This eventuality is the loss of personal liberty in exchange for security, the police state, and every other example/function of dystopian society.

This eventuality is not being orchestrated by a shadowy group of string pullers. It is being perpetuated by the desires of the masses. They want--no, demand--safety, and are willing to give up their liberty and freedom to have it. In other words, we (or rather, "the masses") are, for all intents and purposes, the NWO and we don't even know it.

Take for example the latest round of gun violence in Connecticut.

Was this an "inside job" and/or a deliberate act involving MKULTRA, etc.? It very well could be, of course.

But I think the more probable explanation is a deranged man who slipped through the system. He had no ulterior motives, and instead was just severely mentally ill. People's reaction to the event (ban all guns, repeal the Second Amendment, etc.) is all very natural. I don't think masses of people are being manipulated by that shadowy organization, just as I don't believe the perpetrator was some mind-controlled robot.

Or what about the CCTV system in the UK?

Those from that country wanted nothing to do with being the victims of crime, and decided to allow for the installation of 24/7 video monitoring. Has it helped to diminish random acts of crime or violence? Maybe--I personally couldn't say. What it DEFINITELY has done, without a doubt, is remove liberty and freedom from the citizens of the UK.

If you are being watched, or if there is a chance you are being watched, you are safe, perhaps, but you lack personal liberty. There are no "if"s, "and"s or "but"s about it.

Or what about the joke of an airport security system in the US, and the woefully under-trained "agents" the TSA employs?

That isn't the direct result of Osama's attack on NYC, and it wasn't the end result of some grandiose scheme by our own Government. That was the direct result of the masses again trading liberty for security. They wanted to feel safe post 9/11, and they don't care about who did it, or why. All they care about is making it to their destination alive, no matter the cost. And now, they are realizing their folly.

There are plenty of other examples of the police/surveillance state.

I leave you with this question: if the removal of personal liberty is the ultimate goals of this so called NWO shadow organization, and the masses blindly get themselves into these situations as described above, wouldn't or couldn't one say that the masses themselves are the actual NWO?

In every case, the masses have reacted in a way that brings about new laws and legislation. In every case, the most probable explanation is that they are manipulating themselves, based on their own collective fear. Thus, the creation of an organized group (aka "The NWO"), boils down to the masses shifting "blame" away from themselves, as some sort of coping mechanism.

Of course, if you allow for the improbable, there very much well could be a group of men, pulling the strings of society. But taking a step back, thinking about things from a sociological standpoint, taking into consideration the collective stupidity of the masses, the alternative (i.e. my interpretation) is much more probable explanation of our descent into a world without liberty.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
NWO is future state.

TPTB is the they, not the NWO.

The reality is that there are those in power, those fighting to maintain it and those willing to trade lives for the accumulation of wealth and power.

There are also those that do not care to have power and wealth.

At the end of the day, the new world order is definitely a goal for a small group, relative to the global population.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Next you will tell us that Big Brother is not a real person.

Well who are they talking to when they are in The Diary Room then?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

You're still thinking too small. Not taking into consideration the collective stupidity of the masses.

Of course there are those in power who will do what they can to stay in power. But all they have to do is sit back, and let us do it to ourselves. They aren't taking a hands on approach.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by zroth

You're still thinking too small. Not taking into consideration the collective stupidity of the masses.

Of course there are those in power who will do what they can to stay in power. But all they have to do is sit back, and let us do it to ourselves. They aren't taking a hands on approach.

That's because people as a whole are too stupid to take their lives into their own hands instead of being 'governed'.

God how I hate that word...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have to disagree.

The people would never clamour for a police state unless they were brainwashed by our media.

Our media is controlled by a few with an agenda

Agenda 21. Smart growth.sustainable development.

Those are buzz words.

the people didn't ask for the patriot act. It was forced on us.

Same for the ndaa. And bailouts. And just a about all bills passed in the 20 years.

Not to mention executive orders and regulation.

new topics

top topics

join