It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question for aussies about guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
my mum is a former national s.s.a.a womens lever action rifle champion. she's also done over 30 years working in mental health. if some nut case was out and about in my neighbourhood with a gun, i'd like to think my mum was around as well...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Im sorry but your just plain wrong

So you speak for everyone stating you don’t mind being burglarized? You guys seem to be easy targets for criminals.

No one likes to be robbed but no one says they wished they had a gun, Ive stopped a break in simply by confronting the person who was trying to do it.

Im sorry but your just plain wrong

Maybe you should watch this video.

These are your countrymen and women who say you are dead wrong. You claim to speak for everyone but that is clearly false.

www.heaven666.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Watched the video and the 6-7 people in that speak for about 0.1% of the population as I said.

Surely you can see that was a blatant propaganda piece

Its also not recent, I would say its at least 10 years old.

Armed robbery here isnt just with a gun, knives and bats are also include in those stats.

Simple fact is the VAST MAJORITY of Aussies dont want guns and are happy they are banned, bad things happen no one denies that but guns everywhere is not the answer.

Im not gonna be a part of these gun threads anymore as it gets no one anywhere, Im happy Australia has restrictive gun laws and if they ever tried to change it I would be one of the many millions who protested it.
If you really want a gun in OZ you can get its just a pain in the Ass. In my opinion you shouldnt be able to get them at all.

You think guns should be readily available in the US, your a US citizen you do whatever you can to make sure they stay that way.

Im glad I saw you on the other thread, your not a bad dude
but Im done with gun discussions just to frustrating

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Well lets put it this way... it's essentially impossible just to get a gun [legally] to keep in your home to protect your premises, unless you get a gun license, which typically requires membership at a gun club. I'm sure some one will expand on this more, I'm not 100% certain how it all works because I've never attempted to own a gun.
edit on 24/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

ok but im really more curious about illegally.. again because its not law abiding citizens who commit mass murder

Your logic makes me slap my face.
If someone wants to commit a crime, they'll buy a gun.
Obviously as long as they don't have a criminal record, majority of criminals don't get caught, they're still criminals. You Americans are funny, you seem to assume all "criminals" live off the radar, buy all their guns, drugs and food off the black market and only interact with "law abiding citizens" when they're going to rob them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I never realized Australia was so heavily regulated. I just finished reading the Tomorrow When the War Began series. I thought it was an interesting fiction series but goodness, it might not be that hard for another country to move in and occupy Australia.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

There's still plenty of firearms in Oz homes but they're better secured and not semi-auto types (the sort that make massacres so easy as we've seen over the years). It's a different mindset here as in we don't feel exposed when we leave the house without a gun for protection and that's also how it was before the tighter regulations were imposed.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
I never realized Australia was so heavily regulated. I just finished reading the Tomorrow When the War Began series. I thought it was an interesting fiction series but goodness, it might not be that hard for another country to move in and occupy Australia.

the way it is at the moment auntb, a small flock of un armed arguementative smurfs could invade this country.
lucky we've got the poms and yanks as mates. on the home front though, still plenty of home invasions, old folks getting bashed, high speed police pursuits killing innocents, and a whole lot of wanna be gangstas running amock.....the times they are a changin.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My wife and I own several pistols and rifles,we are very keen sports/target shooters,we are made to regulary jump through hoops and meet set number of shoots per year in order to maintain our licences and our firearms are checked on a yearly basis,this is what happens if you are a law abiding citizen,on the other side of the coin drive-bys and home invasions are on the rise and post offices have been busted importing Glocks from Austria so gun control essentially restricts the people that arnt a threat to anyone from what i can gather guns have never been easier to obtain illegally

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Invading Australia would not be that easy.. some suburbs are the size of countries so how do you take over and control people over such a vast amount of space with a limited invasion force? Australia does not NEED a great amount of guns to defend itself, the distance invaders would be forced to travel by air (somehow without being noticed) is enough to put them off.. and by sea wouldn't be ractical.. not to mention they would have to attack all capital cities at the same time or the other states would come to the rescue. To do that would be spreading resources and forces very thin so wouldn't be viable to even contemplate. They would also have to try get to naturally fortified army bases. Where is this invasion force going to refuel exactly? :shk:

Just because Australia has strict gun laws does NOT mean we are pushovers and will just bend over at the first sign of a threat. These assumptions that Australia is weak and just waiting to be taken over are just silly.
edit on 29-12-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join