It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does something need to be done about the Sandy Hook accusations?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What am I to do we know of the sheeple statement and you are trying to twist a representation of what ATS really is. You are fear mongering on our forum.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapterhouse
I suggest you...

Funny.

Step down from your self-absorbed high-horse and focus on reality. No one ever called a "sheeple" will consider your words.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by chapterhouse

Is it possible not to use the mashup word, "sheeple?" That's one of the worst commonly used words here on ATS -- it expresses a general disdain for anyone who doesn't believe the conspiracy. That's never good for those who feel their ideas, opinions, speculations are important.

Couldnt have said it better. Imaginary star!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have been following the Christopher Rodia thread since it was first posted (with its original and unfortunate title) and I believe that this thread and discussion should be continued.

I have only posted twice in 80 pages, but I have been following along closely, and in amongst the speculation, red herrings, and distortions, there is a grain of true discovery that needs to be fleshed out.

Mods should be on their toes, but we need to keep this thing going. Just look at how many new members (joined since CT happened) have been contributing - many of them with original research. There is potential here not only for original findings, but for a careful deconstruction of possible disinformation.

Keep these threads going, for goodness sakes!

-R

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What am I to do we know of the sheeple statement and you are trying to twist a representation of what ATS really is. You are fear mongering on our forum.

You do realize who you're talking to right?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You are fear mongering on our forum.

Perhaps you're unaware that I'm the CEO of the company that owns ATS? And that every bit of the code and design originated with me? And, that the majority of the policies and strategies that built ATS from obscurity in 2003 to 6 million monthly visitors eight years later was either me, or had my involvement?

Please. I have a relatively firm grasp on what is best for this forum.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ive seen the Mods put these threads into their rightful places. That's NOT "stifling" Conspiracy talk. That's tossing these kind of threads filled with lies and misinformation, because they are demonizing and sensationalizing an already tragic situation. Regurgitating the same useless BS, with Different thread titles. Lies are not the truth. Ignorance isn't the truth. Stupidity isn't the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think it is possible to police individual users' contributions without putting an end to all discussions about Sandy Hook. So far the mods seem to be doing a good job.

I heartily agree that 90% of the posts in these threads are utter bollocks, but the few that represent a genuine effort to better understand this tragedy should be given the room to collaborate.

-R

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by chapterhouse

Is it possible not to use the mashup word, "sheeple?" That's one of the worst commonly used words here on ATS -- it expresses a general disdain for anyone who doesn't believe the conspiracy. That's never good for those who feel their ideas, opinions, speculations are important.

I concur (and hate it as well)- That and "paid shill" are my favorites =)

Look, how I see things there is nothing disrespectful in discussing this event so long as the lines of slander and personal information are not crossed.

Even if these people are real and not "actors" (again, I think the actor thing is silly) theu have put themselves into the public giving interview since day 1. Now, it isnt for me to judge how people handle grief but personally if it were my child/wife/parent who was killed I would be a wreck and certainly not parading myself on television.

There are many questions here and very little "official" story. Yes, I see a "conspiracy" or at minimum a coverup due to very poor Police work and amateur mistakes. I am sorry some feel its disrespectful to discuss this but if there really is some "shadowy organization pulling these attacks off" (again, I am not saying there is...) they now know how to do their job to stifle any discussion in the future.

I think real people are dead. I have no clue what happened- But if my level of what I a,m allowed to discuss becomes very narrow- I might as well talk on CNNs comment section.

I like this site and have lurked here forever. I had reasons for not signing up on a conspiracy website (still do) yet this is all very intriguing to me to read and I wanted to discuss as well. I think there are conspiracies and I do not believe the Official version of 911 or 77 or Sandy hook (what little story there is at this point) and I see some glaring problems with the story- I also am discussing this in a respectful and mature manner (as are most people on every "side" of the fence)

There has been some amazing things put together here from ladyK (think thats her name) regarding the license plate of the vehicle- This is a valid discovery you should be proud of that it surfaced here first. I am also pretty certain she will be vindicated with her findings fairly soon-

Anyhow, lots of thin gs are "offensive"- I am a veteran and person who has lived a good law abiding (for the most part, lol) life- I was told to "leave the Country" for questioning 911 (by people who have never served) and now it seems like a similar issue is happening here- Love it or leave it but do not discuss it.

IDK- I avoid participating in threads that offend me or I take an opposing stance- Oh well, its late and I know I am not expressing my feelings here to the best of my ability. Just find it an odd stance.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird

I heartily agree that 90% of the posts in these threads are utter bollocks

Agree.

Originally posted by RedBird
but the few that represent a genuine effort to better understand this tragedy should be given the room to collaborate.

-R

And they are.
I see a few threads left open. That doesn't change the fact there are people on ATS spreading BS, sensationalizing and making up crap. I applaud the Staff for doing what needs to be done with these threads. That is giving them 404 status, or dumping them into the Hoax and Lies Bin. The problem that I see, is even with that, new BS threads keep popping up with the same useless debunked information with different titles.

One more thing?

NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY!
edit on 24-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
theu have put themselves into the public giving interview since day 1.

Incorrect. Just because someone gives a recorded interview to a local TV station does not qualify them as in the public eye and subject to ludicrous scrutiny by self-absorbed fools on the web.

There are many questions here and very little "official" story.

That is not the fault of the private citizens of the Newtown area. It's the fault of our national and local "news" media which has completely forgotten what journalism and news-gathering is.

My god, I've seen typos and bumbled grammar on the websites of national news outlets covering this story. Insane.

There's your conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Agree.

Breaking news is just that. Its breaking. Mistakes will happen, when covering a story. The problem is everything is recorded, and people immediately "believe" the first versions of events covered. When the truth does come out, they point to the discrepancies of the initial reporting, and say....

Conspiracy.

Either people are gullible enough to believe the first reports, or they are purposely being obtuse, just to say its a conspiracy. Ive heard so much BS........ from paid actors, to satanists.

Its sickening.

To top it off?

No real proof to any of it ! What happened to Deny Ignorance?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

theu have put themselves into the public giving interview since day 1.

Incorrect. Just because someone gives a recorded interview to a local TV station does not qualify them as in the public eye and subject to ludicrous scrutiny by self-absorbed fools on the web.

There are many questions here and very little "official" story.

That is not the fault of the private citizens of the Newtown area. It's the fault of our national and local "news" media which has completely forgotten what journalism and news-gathering is.

My god, I've seen typos and bumbled grammar on the websites of national news outlets covering this story. Insane.

There's your conspiracy.

I could debate the issue-

Like SOP for swat not being followed in at least 2 instances
a) Arrest in the woods and having a conversation with the perps

b) The entire building being "clear" and yet four hours later people are found in a closet

-OR the entire handling of the scene

a) parents on scene immediately and possibly contaminating a crime scene

b) car not being searched until well after the event was over (conflicting times) but people standing around the xcar prior to searching the car (which could have contained IED's)- Now, considering they were worried about a "Booby Trapped" home, they were not too worried about his car?

-I guess we disagree. yes the media sucks but this was bad Police Work as well which could be the reason I feel this is either a conspiracy OR Cover up.

Look, regardless of the fact you have not seen other Police Forces questioning many of the actions of the first responders- it is happening privately. That was a complete amateur job by the police - Also, the media was getting info from a leak (no doubt) so where is the subpoena being issued for cellphone records of first responders since that WAS a crime.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I want to refer all the ct'ers on this to your post... I think it would make a lot of people take a moment and re think things....

Then again maybe not.. Ugh, this is a dark time for ATS

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

but this was bad Police Work as well which could be the reason I feel this is either a conspiracy OR Cover up.

Having lived in Connecticut for three years, driven through Danbury and Newtwon, I can fully suspect that small-town police -- even state police stationed in the sleepy portions of Connecticut -- are not going to be your best choice for responding to and first-on-the-scene investigations of an event like this -- it's just not in their experience set. I would fully expect some mistakes from officers who have never seen anything remotely like this ever before. I was watching CNN on my iPad on my desk the day it happened -- some of the cops looked as shell-shocked as the people.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Also leads me to believe why a lot of details just havent been made public. I think they know they are in over their head and just dont want to screw up any more than they already have.

I was expecting some conspiracy theory, but I thought people would at least wait until an official report was released and not contradicting sub-par media statements.

link   

yes the media sucks but this was bad Police Work as well which could be the reason I feel this is either a conspiracy OR Cover up.

How about this is just BAD Police Work?

Name one town or city in America, where the police are 100% prepared for a tragedy like this?

Regardless, the Ignorance level on ATS is running at an all time high. People need to take a few steps back, and look at this tragedy for what it really is. A senseless tragedy.

edit on 25-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: spelling

link   
To be honest I did not really think the over all thread was that bad that it should have been closed. Except for a few unwarranted personal comments it was asking a lot of needed questions. I did take exception to the guy crying with no tears that were visible. Still its your board so of course you can run it as you please...
edit on 25-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

but this was bad Police Work as well which could be the reason I feel this is either a conspiracy OR Cover up.

Having lived in Connecticut for three years, driven through Danbury and Newtwon, I can fully suspect that small-town police -- even state police stationed in the sleepy portions of Connecticut -- are not going to be your best choice for responding to and first-on-the-scene investigations of an event like this -- it's just not in their experience set. I would fully expect some mistakes from officers who have never seen anything remotely like this ever before. I was watching CNN on my iPad on my desk the day it happened -- some of the cops looked as shell-shocked as the people.

Yes. I totally agree. I am not saying (nor do I think) the local Police or even State Boys had anything to do with this- They were caught way off guard and made some major mistakes from the start... Just pointing out some weird things I find hard to believe (like the car) since at that point the Feds were on scene- pus they assured us they had "trained for this" which I also believe- Things just went to hell.

I have alot of questions here- About why certain things were done (or ignored) and to the entire timeline. Plus it seems to me like the leak was feeding purposeful disinformation and half truths. At first this led me to believe there was a second shooter and they did not want them tipped off but as time went on nothing really has come out.

I just want to be able to respectfully discuss this- Not the "people" but the "events" and "inconsistencies".

But yes, I completely agree with your quote- This was not expected and most of these guys have probably never faced an armed gunmen. I personally hope to God I never have to- I also know its easy to say what someone did wrong when you were not there- In a situation as chaotic as what transpired who even knows how anyone would handle it.

-But there really is alot here that does not sit right.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

yes the media sucks but this was bad Police Work as well which could be the reason I feel this is either a conspiracy OR Cover up.

How about this is just BAD Police Work?

Name one town or city in America, where the police are 100% prepared for a tragedy like this?

Regardless, the Ignorance level on ATS is running at an all time high. People need to take a few steps back, and look at this tragedy for what it really is. A senseless tragedy.

edit on 25-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: spelling

Because we are not talking about "oops a small mistake" we are talking about simple procedure followed daily.

Example: When an officer takes a perp into custody and is away from the cruiser- They do NOT talk to them and tell them why they are wanted (not going to get into explainations- its true and impiortant) so they say...

"Its all good bud, we just need to talk to you at the car."

They will obviously keep saying "what did I do?" or something along those lines

"We will talk at the car for my safety and yours."

And that is IT. No conversation away from the Cruiser.

Now a mass shooting goes down and someone runs from you into the woods. Chase ensues. you get take him into custody and then sit there and tell him whats up? Away from the microphone/camera in the car? You may get a confession -

This is pretty basic stuff.

Also controlling egress and entry points. They evidently skipped that class as well since that scene was in chaos and EMS couldn't have even gotten in and out had there been living and injured victims- When seconds count...

-This is what they have trained to do and it seems that SWAT didnt even properly clear a building.

So yes...This could be a cover up in the making. OR a conspiracy. OR just a very, very inept Police Department. It could be any of the above and each merits discussion IMHO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join