The hating Xmas thread....Bah Humbug

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I hate X-Mas.

Why is it, when you finally get a day off or you want to go some where:

Especially the Liquor store... It has to be CLOSED!

Or... you finally want to go buy your turkey because you have time...

No...The food store and wal-mart are CLOSED!

Or...You have to make a trip to the bank and you sit in drive-thru for about 10 minutes wondering why the shades are down...CLOSED for X-mas.....

Or... Want to make an appointment with your dentist......CLOSED!!!!!!! Till the 2nd....

Not fair, the world is against me.

Image:
prattleonboyo.wordpress.com...

Merry Christmas...Y'all
edit on 24-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have to say wont survive very long in a post-apocalyptic world
if you cant even prepare for Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You should do something about it.
Maybe start a petition to the White House.

Or maybe "open" those stores and banks yourself, if you know what I mean...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
At least it sounds like people are aware of the importance of today where you are.
I currently reside in a heathen country and everything is open today, literally EVERYTHING!!!!!

Its like they dont even know despite the fact theres tinsel and Xmas trees and even fricken fake snow everywhere!!!!! fake snow, its 35celcius every fricken day!!!!

I think I may have to go out and slap some Christmas cheer into an unwilling general public.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is the first xmas that I've had where the options for grog are nil, and I don't mind one bit

I should be thinking of this is a great present to myself. Instead I'm sitting here, sipping coffee, at 10am and I can feel the heat outside is growing steadily towards the 39c they anticipated for today and the following days, with rubbish noise tv in the background, the lack of energy makes it feel like a sunday.

It's not xmas at all where I am. Or Christmas. Or Yuletide. It's a stupid hot middle of the week day where it's broken everything functional such as public transport, or any shops..

Religion... I mean I was raised as a roman cathoic. Celebrated xmas for what xtians rejoice it for as well as the presents. Coming from that as a young child, I feel I had the best of both worlds. I realise now it's all a load of brainwashing, but back then I still have fond memories of being in a quiet church, before mass on xmas eve, the aurora of the candles warming the darkness, the mellow hymns in the background, the smell of incense..

I didn't mind it.

But I think I'm old enough now to know if I want to go to the shops on j-day, then the big skirt wearing beardy weirdy in the sky should be ok with this. It's not a punishable by death offence, oh god. Please tell your minions to write a newer, more realistic book. Call it "How to win souls and influence people." by God. It will be a best seller I can assure you, and would make a great xmas present. o.O

Once more, it's not actually GOD who annoys humanity with his incessant rubbish rules... it's the people who want more than anything to appease him... and at any cost.

bah humbug, indeed!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's my fault, I wanted to sleep in because I been working constantly all week and I was beat up and bush tired. So, I slept till 8 PM tonight. If I had just gotten up about 3PM, everything would of been open. My fault for procrastinating.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Man I'm envious. I'm moving to your town
edit on 12/24/2012 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yeah. I feel the same every time thanksgiving rolls around too. I end up at frickin Denny's every other year not realizing its a holiday. If someone doesn't say happy (insert holiday here) the few days before, then I'm screwed.
I really think i need to start trying harder at life tho.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I hate christmas for an entirely different reason. The holiday's should be about family time and spending a few moments with the people you care about. It is not about, lavish dinners, expensive gifts, remaining constantly busy and stressed, lying to your children, buying crap you don't need, or placing unnecessary importance upon a single day (because if you hated 12/21/12'ers, but you love christmas for all (or even some) of the things I just listed, then you are a hypocrite).

Where I work, people make such a ****ing big deal about christmas that it literally makes me sick once they start talking about it. The Hospitality Industry helped ruin christmas for me; mainly because all the reason I listed, make people so on edge that they are likely to flip out for any unsuspecting reason and take it out the first person they see, which seemingly happens quite often inside restaurants.

So to all you people that get upset when they hear "happy holiday's" instead of "merry christmas", please, go play in traffic.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

The Bar/Grill I work at didn't decorate for Christmas. They have metal art on the walls and added one that says HoHoHo, pretty simple huh?

I'll admit I was kinda wishing there were some lights hanging somewhere, but now that you've put it that way, it makes sense. Maybe they are on to something... It can get annoying at times.

I like the holiday season for the reasons you mentioned, but I think I'm lucky to work where I work. We were very busy this month, lots of parties. I only had one crab who yelled at me, about tarter sauce.

To the OP, sounds like you need more days off, and a calander

Merry Christmas Anyway

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
well my Daughter sent me this link yesterday and I did laugh a lot but it seemed rather mean and perhaps it might be relevent in your thread.. oh that was has gone now...something mean about how kids wreck xmas so posted this one up instead:

17 worst xmas specials possible

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
F**k the holidays! I have plenty of reasons to hate this time of year. The bad and depressing most certainly outweighs the good during this season. I'll be glad when December is finally over.

Oh, I forgot to add, "Bah Humbug"
edit on 25/12/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Finally someone made a thread on XMAS that makes sense. S/F to you Humbug!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I hate it as well.... thank god its over

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yay! I was starting to feel a bit lonely over here with my dislike for the holidays, although for another reason than closed stores and the dentist

I'm not a family person. That's how I grew up and I like it. I don't know most of my family so every now and then it's a small gathering, nothing over the top, on any day of the year and not specifically. We eat together, nothing out of the ordinary, have a few glasses of wine afterwards and we all go home. They don't work the 9-5 monday-friday jobs so they often work during the holidays too. My mother is a nurse, so for as long as I can remember she had to work most of the holidays.

My in-laws however are the exact opposite; they value tradition and gathering on the holidays. I'm an honest person so I said from the get-go that the whole thing didn't appeal to me. It takes a 2.5 hour train trip to get there, and with paying for the food and gifts I find it simply too expensive. I can't work due to chronic pain and several mental diagnosis and the benefit I get is nothing to write home about; something that took them quite a few years to understand.

So every year we go over there, dress up to sit in the living room all day, listen to the same stories that get told every year, with a complete over the top meal that often is so much food a lot of it gets thrown out. So today like every other year we made the long trip back, and it left me with nothing but being short on cash and a panic attack on the way back

I'm not against a family gathering or anything, but I just don't think you need an over expensive holiday to achieve that

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovvy

I hate family gatherings as well, Long time ago when I was with my x husband, we went to his grandparents house, and they didn't approve of my job, so before we left, his family told him, I was never allowed to eat of their plates again.

Needless to say after that, we never went to grandparents again. I was never welcomed in their house.

ROFL.

edit on 29-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join