It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. man found fatally shot in Capitol Hill neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

How many places that have gun bans can say they have stoppd a signifigant proportion of violent crime.
These are looking like targeted killngs or perhaps a spree by some one killing at random....
There is little to go on as yet.....

Except that there have been 85 murders this year in an area that has banned guns for decades......
edit on 24-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
are we going to hear about every shooting now?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Banning guns does about as much for the crime rate as CCTV - pretty much nothing. Those who want to go on a spree or whatever will still get their hands on all sorts of weapons just like those intent on robbing a shop with CCTV will still rob that shop. Ban guns and disarm the general population - I’d really like to see the crime rates of things like home break ins, robbery and even murder in the coming months afterward. If I were a betting man I’d place my money on those rates increasing, certainly not decreasing.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

Unfortunaley,

Yes.

Until they get what they want.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just some perspective here but Washington D.C. has held the dubious distinction of Murder Capital at least one year recently and would be among the most dangerous cities in the nation. I know it's ironic to an extreme....and hard to believe when one sees the tourist District but if I ever doubted the ghetto of D.C. existed I learned the hard way making a few wrong turns in an 18 wheeler. That place is worse than NYC for big trucks.

Bad Bad neighborhoods though and I could just see the top of the Capital Dome too.....that close.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I was in DC in May. My hotel was in the Arlington area, and only a few miles away from Regan INTL. Of course it was near midnight and I had no idea where I was going. I ended up lost on MLK. My girlfriend has lived in DC for several years, so I called her up. The conversation went as follows:

Me: "I have no idea where I am!"

Her: "What does the street sign say?"

Me: "Um...Martin Luther King Blvd...? I think I'm going to stop up here at this other hotel and ask for directions"

Her: "NO! DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR! DO YOU WANT TO GET SHOT?!"

I eventually figured out where I was and where I needed to go. After I checked in I walked 3 or so blocks to a local sports bar (it was very late) for some food. I didn't at any point feel unsafe. I think she exaggerated the dangers of DC -- but I know it used to have a really bad wrap.

This was the second time I'd been to DC, the first time was about 16 years ago. I remember back then thinking how dirty and full of homeless people it was. This time I was surprised at how clean DC seemed -- especially over in Georgetown.

Protip: You can't park in front of those cute little town homes in Georgetown. You WILL get a ticket in under half an hour.

ETA: It probably didn't help calm her nerves when I told her that the rental car place was out of mid-size sedans; and put me in a brand new all black Lincoln MKZ. I seriously wanted to wear my black suit and sunglasses the entire time I was in DC.
edit on 24-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Are you kidding?

DC was the murder capital of the US (with guns) for many years running and this AFTER The gun ban.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My point exactly

But i find these three kind of compelling dont you?
All within a mile of each other......all close together....
The natural inclination is to link them its hard not to...
Maybe some turf war, or spys whackin spies or maybe a cover up of some kind...
It remains to be seen if they are connected however, but i think they may be.....
Or do a lot of people get shot multiple times in their automobiles?

top topics

join