It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Paper Publishes Names, Addresses of Handgun Owners.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmmm. I think this is in very poor taste but not a lot can be done when you publish public information.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is a test of the waters.......just watch.

As most of you that follow 2A issues know, the UN has been pushing for an expansion of the UN Register of Conventional Arms and working hard to extend their scope.

Pay attention to the UN's agenda on these matters, especially March 2013.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
New York.

Headquarters of Unethical "Journalism".

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If I believed that a conspiracy is behind the rash of people going berserk with guns, especially guns that are untraceable, I would point my finger straight at the Agenda Makers at the United Nations.

edit on 24-12-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

You have to love how tolerant liberals can be. They cry and beg for tolerance right up to the point it is something they are against.

It is the very definition of having a paper you know what. Heck it is not even normal paper it is rice paper.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
-Alright guys...Seriously.

Again, this information is (and has always been) public. Yopu do not have confidentiality in registering a firearm (nor have you in many states.) Some states like KY do not require registration, others like NY do.

IF there is a problem here, it is with the LAW and not the PRESS. This same problem was here a year ago (you may not have known but it was...)

-This isnt a "conspiracy" by TPTB - Or if it is, it is one the Voters accepted. This is local States law which is not being broken. Again, change the law before blaming the media.
edit on 24-12-2012 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

What is the reason for printing the names and addresses of anybody in a newspaper? What's next all car registrations with names and addresses, or what banks people keep their money in?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wonder what they'd think if I published their names, addresses and cell phone numbers on ATS. Bet we'd make the news.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is reminiscent of how the papers here in (commie)Sweden regularly discloses the top income earners in the county.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
People who are up in arms over their 2nd amendment rights go haywire when someone uses their 1st amendment rights? Did I get it right

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That is beyond outrageous. Can doesn't mean should.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
People who are up in arms over their 2nd amendment rights go haywire when someone uses their 1st amendment rights? Did I get it right

How happy would the reporters be at that paper if I exercised MINE? They think they are safe - nya ha ha! (twirls mustache). I bet you I could get you pics of the insides of some of their houses by the end of next week. Here - here are the addresses, home phone numbers, unlisted cell numbers, kid's names and photos of the houses of the reporters for this paper. First Amendment rights, right? Then we'll see how happy they'd be about that sort of thing.

How much would you like to wager they would have kittens? Demand that it be taken down, possibly take legal action? Sauce for the goose.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'll take that bet (twirls beard) muhahaha. How much?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A good class action lawsuit would be appropriate against the paper who published this. Although anyone could access this information with the right request, they taught criminals how to do it. I suppose criminals could do this all over the USA and know who to target and who not if planning a burglary. Well, I guess the people without guns will get robbed more now since this stupid paper has told the criminals where it is safe and where to go if they desire a gun.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
They're going for confiscation as well eventually.Yankees better grow a pair or they'll be a staging area.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
Hmmm. I think this is in very poor taste but not a lot can be done when you publish public information.

Its not clear why this has been done. Just think if they could post info on everybody that had a (bankity blank) or (blank blank blank) in the past 10 years.....you fill in the blanks. Not talking about anything illegal.

By the way.....the numbers of handgun in the same area that havent been registered is probably around 5 times whats shown.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
From my understanding they posted the names and addresses of the journalist.
Let see if I can verify that.

ETA: Still trying, I asked a few friends to see if they could find where it was posted, too verify it.
edit on 12/25/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If it's stupid for the paper to publish this isn't it equally stupid to re-post the link to the paper?

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Or any criminal with a brain can scope the place out, wait for the owner to go to work, break in, help himself to any weapons, make a sandwich, drink a pop and have plenty of time to meet his fence.

link   

Or any criminal with a brain can scope the place out, wait for the owner to go to work, break in, help himself to any weapons, make a sandwich, drink a pop and have plenty of time to meet his fence.

link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join