It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Note To Gun Control Debaters Who Watch MSM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This thread isn't so much about gun control as much as it is about mainstream media and idiots like Piers Morgan.

Please turn the TV off during gun control debates!

I see many people riled up about this topic after Piers Morgan and his stupidty!!!!
It IS a conspiracy!

I mean how can you not think it's a conspiracy when the most intelligent gun debates with people giving proper arguments never occur on mainstream news but in real life with friends and co-workers?
How come never on the medium that should have the most professional of debates????

I mean how upside down is thatttttt?????????????????

Don't go to rallies, talk to your friends and family.
Have a heart to heart conversation with those that you think may disagree with your views.
And DO NOT SCREAM at each other!

Though I don't think I need to say don't scream with each other and have nothing but emotional arguments, because I don't see that with either side of the fence happening in real life.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Youre never gonna get an intelligent debate from these people.

There is going to be some sort of gun control legislation now and we will do nothing about it, just like when the patriot act was enacted.
Stupid paranoid country I live in now, Im ashamed.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Alternatively, there will be no gun control legislation because the two sides can't agree and a few months from now, after the next mass shooting, we'll all be back here arguing over more or less guns. As tragic as Newtown is and Aurora and every other mass shooting, nothing ever seems to come out of it.

I really thougth something would happen after a member of congress was shot in the head, nothing happened. Twenty elementary kids killed? I've heard some people argue that it's the 'price' we pay for 'freedom.' Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

All of the land is accounted for.

All of the lands are occupied.

All of the need for potential occupation soldiers is gone.

We have drones now.

Time to restrict weaponry to corporate use.

So sorry.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Anti gunners are the funniest of people.
If there is a gun ban and or confiscation, there will be a war here in the US.
I know which side I will be on.
Funny thing is, the anti gunners will be looking for a gun to protect themselves and the lives of those they love.
I giggle when I think of this, all of the loss just because some idiots want a never possible utopia.
All of this could have been avoided if a certain group of people knew some math and used some common sense.
Keep in mind for the time being, those anti gunners you see in that ad have no guns in their houses.
I see a problem such as we had in New York a couple of decades back.
They actually advertised they have no defense!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So when it's determined that the second amendment was never intended for individual use and local law enforcement comes to remove your firearms you'll go next door and kill your unarmed neighbor.

I'm supposed to be the 'funny,' 'unreasonable' one in the argument.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I am compelled to agree with you in some respects - it is a stretch that the unarmed will be pulled into a civil war between resolute gun owners and the Guv'mint - and the poster's remark isn't well taken.
However, in a civil war there's going to be collateral damage and crossfire casualties.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by g146541

So when it's determined that the second amendment was never intended for individual use and local law enforcement comes to remove your firearms you'll go next door and kill your unarmed neighbor.

I'm supposed to be the 'funny,' 'unreasonable' one in the argument.

What a colorful imagination you have, where did you get that idea from about me??
My guns are for protection first and foremost, yes even protection for idiots who will not stand for themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I like how the first response in a thread pointing at the madness of the discussion had on major news outlets and asking people to talk to their family and neighbors about the subject sanely, is a post saying "you're never going to get an intelligent debate" (implying that people that don't hold his/her opinion are stupid) from "these people"(typically said implying some sort of negative connotation)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by Juggernog

I like how the first response in a thread pointing at the madness of the discussion had on major news outlets and asking people to talk to their family and neighbors about the subject sanely, is a post saying "you're never going to get an intelligent debate" (implying that people that don't hold his/her opinion are stupid) from "these people"(typically said implying some sort of negative connotation)

...I may be misreading it, but I interpreted the comment to mean "You'll never get intelligent debate from members of the mainstream media." If that was what he meant, then dammit he's right as rain. It has nothing to do with opinion holding and sides taken... it has to do with the fact that there is no intelligence inside the media today. Intelligence has been completely replaced by regurgitations of corporate platforms, advertising revenue maximizing stances, and political glad handing. I'd be shocked if any of the empty suit, talking Pez dispenser flip top heads presented as the voices of various news outlets had even average level IQs or any ability whatsoever to speak off script. The days of Cronkite and Jennings are long dead.

new topics

top topics

join