It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An insight into the minds of some of the people comitting these shootings and killings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mental health forum about taking pleasure in others suffering

Seriously, read these posts, this is what the real problem is. We live in a sick society, and its getting worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Probably when I was a kid and heard about a series of school shootings at high schools where people would bring guns to school and shoot and kill random people for no apparent reason. I found the concept funny and imagined a school with randomly murdered bodies everywhere and decided it was amusing to hear the news whenever they happened.
-arj8

From your link.

Perhaps they should've never kicked all those they did, out of the institutions...

Now we are in the age of Pharmacological Voodoo. Here take some pills and do what thou wilt.

edit: Wow this arj8 person is a real work of art. He's got a lot of posts there.

I have a secret phobia of water so I've fantasized about drowning people, or at least killing people and then disposing of their bodies in bodies of water such as lakes or ponds. There is something very disturbing about a body in water for me. My conscience does not kick in thinking about a little girl drowning but I can see why it would for you crystal. It would gross if I ever found a little dead girl floating in water but it would also fascinate me.

I have another instance where I realized I enjoyed the suffering of others, killing fish when I was a little kid, torturing them to death with hooks, knives, and fire was fun for me. I never treated my pets like that but wild animals were fair game. Also in elementary school I kicked one of my best friends in the crotch and I thought it was hilarious the way he dropped to the ground so quickly and almost threw up. I was ecstatically amused by that, I'm surprised he forgave me.

mmmhmmm.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
From the link

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

ASPD:
medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

There's the forum rules for perspective on the purpose of this particular forum along with a definition of ASPD for those unfamiliar.

I, for one, am glad that there's a place for them to talk about these things even though I may not understand their situations first hand. This is a good resource, its hard to find someone to talk to when you have issues like this, let alone someone who will listen. You can't be with your therapist or psych 24/7.
edit on 24-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
antisocial personality disorder,
a condition characterized by repetitive behavioral patterns that are contrary to usual moral and ethical standards and cause a person to experience continuous conflict with society. Symptoms include aggression, callousness, impulsiveness, irresponsibility, hostility, a low frustration level, marked emotional immaturity, and poor judgment. A person who has this disorder overlooks the rights of others, is incapable of loyalty to others or to social values, is unable to experience guilt or to learn from past behaviors, is impervious to punishment, and tends to rationalize his or her behavior or to blame it on others. Also called antisocial reaction.

Does having a forum like that help prevent them from acting these things out? Is there really any evidence to support that?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hmmmm- I was reading up on what ASPD is and I had a thought- I think that their support groups would be a VERY BAD place to look for a date.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Also consider what a relationship would be like where they both had ASPD!
edit on 24-12-2012 by December21st2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
Does having a forum like that help prevent them from acting these things out? Is there really any evidence to support that?

You could contact the moderators for the site and ask them, they probably have a pretty good idea or can probably point you in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Causes of Antisocial personality disorder

This is kind of interesting in a nutshell:-

broken antisocial homes without proper parenting

Lack of stable emotional attachment as a child

physical damage to the frontal lobes

Trauma as a child causing nervous system development to be altered

Inherited traits

Learned behaviour.

These are all symptoms of what we have created as a world for thousands of children, now we are starting to reap the whirlwind. This is not about gun laws....this is about our society.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by December21st2012

Have you ever watched the show "Taboo" on National Geographic? Some of those people are into some very odd, painful stuff like suspension.

Some people really get their jollies from inflicting pain on others. I don't think this is really anything new, but because of media and a much higher population -- we hear about it more.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Many sadists become dentists.

new topics

top topics

join