It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Techno-Sapien vs. Primo-Sapien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think the world will have a problem eventually because there's 2 types of species branching away from each other because of closed and poor societies. The other day I was watching TV and poor kids in Africa were eating mud pies and living in squalor. This is Primo-Sapien. These people are living in primitive conditions and they're cut off from the advances in science and technology and global interconnection through things like the internet.

On the other hand, you have Techno-Sapien. He's a guy in Dallas, TX whose eating a Big Mac with Fries and a Large drink while playing Worlds of Warcraft on the Computer and he's skyping with his friend. In the background, a show he DVR'd is playing low in the background on a 24 inch flat screen TV.

I don't think this imbalance is good and it's crazy to think that places in the Middle East, North Korea or Zimbabwe could exist in this day and age.

This could create a problem if within the population of Primo-Sapien the mentality grows that technology is evil and a threat. There could be a civil war between Primo-Sapien and Techno-Sapien that could set advances in science and technology back.

It's like Dr. Michio Kaku says, the birth pains as we go from a type 0 to a type 1 civilization. I'm not saying that Primo-Sapien needs to be turned into computer zombies but this imbalance can't be good. Especially as new technologies come on line like quantum computing and nanotechnology. Soon microchips will be so cheap, everything will be computerized. From the walls in your house to glasses and contact lenses. I just don't think these closed societies will be healthy and the gulf will just get bigger between Primo-Sapien and Techno-Sapien.

Some of these places need to be pressured to allow there people more interconnection to the rest of the world. Here's kids eating mud pies in Haiti. These corrupt and closed societies shouldn't be allowed to stand in this day and age. Are we perfect? No but I firmly believe that knowledge and interconnection to the global world is helpful.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Who's "fault" do you think it is? The guy who is just living his life eating burgers and skyping, using his little bit of money?

Or the governments that have billions upon billions of dollars and do not care to share and keep people living this way?
edit on 24-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

These "Primo-Sapiens" are fellow human beings who are suffering at the bottom end of what our BS civilization has created. It is on their backs and at their expense that the rest of us live in frivilous indulgence. You'd better believe there's more than a little resentment there. Justifiably so. I think this feigned attempt at "including them more" only insults their intelligence. We've repressed their cultures for centuries and now expect them to accept what our way of life has wrought? What arrogance.
edit on 12/24/12 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Hello,

I S&F your OP mostly because of the video, it is a sobering reminder of the lifestyle many are forced to live through necessity, in this, the 21st century.

In an Age where I often throw away my leftovers...Others eat dirt.

In other words, be thankful for what you have this Holiday Season...

SS

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In a sense, they are lucky. They don't ingest aspartame-filled food/drinks and don't eat irradiated food or feces-made meat. Happy supper.

edit on 24-12-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Believe it or not dirt is actually quite rich in minerals and vitamins, it is not easily digestible like foods but i know dirt is very rich in vitamin B12.

But i still wouldn't to recommend eating it.

Personally i think techno-sapien will survive we have access to more knowledge on how to get fitter access to a huge variety of foods and exersize equipment and also new emerging exersize techniques.

It is easier to get healthy in a techno-sapien world. Not so easy in a primo-sapien world

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

I hope you're right and I hope we break down these Dictators and Governments in these closed and poor societies so Primo-Sapien can slowly become interconnected with the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

join