It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy! Does this video show how to manipulate an audience subliminally? Do Flashy lights affect you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So I have followed very little of the recent shooting as abhor this kind of media blitz when something this horrible happens. The completely misreport and over sensationalize even the tiniest and absurd things.

But I stumbled onto this video today after the reading about the Fireman shooting (UGH!) that does a nice zoom in to an emergency vehicle while the report recounts a gruesome depiction of events surrounding the mother of the shooter. It continues to stay on the vehicle for about half the report which was neither interesting or helpful in the report.

WARNING! If you predisposed to seizures or are light sensitive I would not watch this clip it has a good 30 seconds or more just focused on a rescue vehicles strobes.

If someone can tell me how to imbed this type of video here I will do it. Otherwise it is just the link.
video.msnbc.msn.com...

I realize the hype surrounding this shooting and this is most likely a bored camera person (?) with nothing to view at night (although I know the house was lit up so why not a zoom on the house...?). But I was struck about how odd this video started to make me feel and the sudden headache staring at the lights and thought I would share.

I can't imagine this on a HD screen and what effects this strobe would have on anyone with light sensitivities.

edit on 24-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Maybe you've got a tendency to seizure activity. It doesn't bother me a bit, but that sort of thing varies person to person.

Ever see "Looker"? Great movie.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Maybe you've got a tendency to seizure activity. It doesn't bother me a bit, but that sort of thing varies person to person.

Ever see "Looker"? Great movie.

I never noticed it until HD TV's I just thought the pan and zoom over was long and weird. Especially with the gruesome recount, it seemed near hypnotic or memorizing...

I refocused but I wondered how anyone else would do anyone not worried about being manipulated by the media.

I have not heard of Looker but I love Albert Finney! I might check it out. Probably great post 70's early 80's paranoia?
edit on 24-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I have not heard of Looker but I love Albert Finney! I might check it out. Probably great post 70's early 80's paranoia?

Well, IMHO Crichton had a handful of themes he couldn't pull off as novels or a movie, so he put two or three of them together, which is a shame because it made the movie a bit directionless.

That said, basically, he's predicting WAY before CGI, that we'd have CGI animated entertainment so realistic that you could NOT distinguish it from actors. (theme 1 - not bad for the time!) Also there would be mind control weaponry/indoctrination based on the flicker vertigo effect (theme 2, also pretty sharp), and that the two could be combined to produce television based indoctrination (the combo - not so smooth).

It starts off as commercials you can't resist but the company immediately decides you can put brainwashed politicians of your choosing in the Congress and be the world's most successful company. So they start doing campaign ads with Looker, hyping Looker programmed pols. Looker is the flicker based technology. You can embed it into TV or movies, there's also a handheld Looker weapon that puts people into a suggestible state sort of like an absence seizure.

I always thought the "flashy thing" was a ripoff of Looker.

Anyway, when you said the TV had a subliminal thing and it was a blinky light, Looker was what I thought of.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
All I see is them focusing in on the siren lights.
Nothing else but the strong urge to go purchase "Catcher in the Rye".

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

in response 2 ur title, NO. colors sound and how words are presented do. why do YOU THINK ats CONTROLS how YOU can use CAPS LOCK in YOUR posts. y do YOU THINK MY in YOUR MYats is in lowercase while EVERYTHING ELSE inthat row is in capital letters. to make YOU feel smaller and UNIMPORTANT

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
All I see is them focusing in on the siren lights.
Nothing else but the strong urge to go purchase "Catcher in the Rye".

LOL nice...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6

in response 2 ur title, NO. colors sound and how words are presented do. why do YOU THINK ats CONTROLS how YOU can use CAPS LOCK in YOUR posts. y do YOU THINK MY in YOUR MYats is in lowercase while EVERYTHING ELSE inthat row is in capital letters. to make YOU feel smaller and UNIMPORTANT

Off topic but interesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It is very possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

it is RIGHT ON SUBJECT given THE IMPLICATIONS of YOUR TITLE

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its entirely possible, my thoughts exactly, OP. There is information available online regarding the use of flashing light to induce particular effects on the brain. These days everything needs to be questioned regarding MSM, sadly.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
It is very possible.

Either that is not real or Dan is a MI6 spook seriously messing with peoples minds!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yea if it is real like i believe then it's not hard to imagine how they could do this through a gaming system in a basement somewhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Yea if it is real like i believe then it's not hard to imagine how they could do this through a gaming system in a basement somewhere.

Of this I have no doubt!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I found myself just staring into the lights. lol

But i did get a slight headache after watching.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I just ran across this thread.

I like your style of writing

I watched the video and honestly it did seem hypnotizing.

And was very strange how she said you can't see the house from here but they still zoomed in on the police car.
I saw lights for several seconds after too.

I would say creepy indeed.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Interesting point you bring up, after watching the video I am see blue splotches where ever I look.....just typing this is hard on the eyes because the white background is flashing blue.

I think the pan and zoom was indeed excessive to stress the story line.
I wonder how the camera man did that without going blind?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

I just ran across this thread.

I like your style of writing

I watched the video and honestly it did seem hypnotizing.

And was very strange how she said you can't see the house from here but they still zoomed in on the police car.
I saw lights for several seconds after too.

I would say creepy indeed.

Thanks for the compliment oddly I was one of the first people that welcomed you to ATS even though you have been here for years! LOL back in August?

thank you for the compliment have you read anything else I have written? I am also an amateur astronomer/photographer/artist although not fantastic at any of them. I am of course a sucker for flattery

So was that not an odd video? To me I notice this more and more these subtle or not so subtle ways a story is portrayed in the media and the visual effects that go along with it...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Interesting point you bring up, after watching the video I am see blue splotches where ever I look.....just typing this is hard on the eyes because the white background is flashing blue.

I think the pan and zoom was indeed excessive to stress the story line.
I wonder how the camera man did that without going blind?

Regards, Iwinder

Well I thought this thread was done LOL.

Yeah it was just an observation and one I have been noticing a lot especially with the violence stories. Thanks for the reply and input!

I just read an interesting article about Orange/Blue and how much they are used in the color palette of Movies
boxofficequant.com...

I also remember seeing or reading something about the effects of Red/Blue on your brain (like when Ironman shifts from a Blue display to a Red one, or an episode of Fringe?) or the police lights on a car. How they might interrupt brain signals, wish I could find it again.

top topics

join