It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Did anyone watch the democratic debate? Any thoughts, opinions? Winner? Predictions

I caught part of it on Cspan yesterday. Thought Kerry did pretty well, as did Joe. (though, Kerry needs to lay of the smokes). I am embarrassed to be from the same city as Kucinich; Dennis needs to lay off the Marx. Lol.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
BOB GRAHAM FIRMLY BELIEVES HE WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!

isn't it funny how hillary clinton isn't in the race? you know why? i think the democrats honestly believe she can beat ANY REPUBLICAN candidate in 2008. they think that she would be a wasted effort against bush. so the thought is that the demoncats will throw out a bunch of scrubs this go around.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I agree. Its like how the repubs ran Dole as kind of a thankyou for all he did for them but never expected him to really beat Clinton. But I hope they do take this seriously and run a good candidate and I'd give Lieberman an chance as i think he really gets it about getting away from lush spending on social programs. Now, I'm not against social programs but when something doesn't work, throwing more money at it isn't the answer and I think Joe really gets that. Effeciency is the answer and curtailing waste.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I like Joe also. Stephanopoulos asked him a question (forget exactly)about how he'd be able to beat Bush and his answer was 'Gore and I already did.'

I wish Kucinich would have been asked about destroying Cleveland
Because of him the city became known as the 'mistake on the lake'

I think in the end it will be Kerry and Lieberman, maybe Gerhardt up there also. I don't think Americans these days will take the others that seriously.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, I don't want to stir any more of the stink on the 2000 election but I think Lieberman would have had more appeal if he hadn't compromised so many of his core principles to run with Algore and I hope he doesn't this time. I'm still opposed to having career politicians who spend a lifetime in DC but I guess there is really no choice.

I don't think Gepheardt's socialized medicine is doable no matter how high he raises taxes to get it. I think Bill and Hillary had the best shot at it but I think it came down to the fact that it would cost more to have the gov. administrate it than the cost of private insurance. I can get a good policy for about 400.00 bucks a month so why would I want to pay an extra 500.00 a month for something sub-standard? I think it has a good premise and some good intentions but I don't think they will ever be able to implement it.

As for Kerry, not sure about him. Don't know much about him.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is anyone familiar with 'body language'? Doesn't it mean you're lying when you blink rapidly? Edwards was doing that and it just looked funny and boy, he really wants you to know his father worked in a mill!

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can't think of what horrors would happen to this nation if Hillary Clinton became "president".

She already trashed this country enough with Bill Clinton.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HKoT
I can't think of what horrors would happen to this nation if Hillary Clinton became "president".

She already trashed this country enough with Bill Clinton.

Head's so far up the keister that food's pre-digested as soon as it touches his lips!

Kerry all the way. Touch of a cold or too many cigars?
Dean is crazy in a John McCain sort of way, you know? Those boys get a look like they can stab you with a dinner fork out of no where, you know?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
my prediction:

if hillary runs, she will be assasinated. not be me, of course. i don't even own a gun.

i'm just saying....

i don't think the MEN'S POWER DAT BE would allow it.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you ask me, Hillary is running things anyway. Maybe she's the one at the top.

top topics

join