It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Christmas alone ain't bad if one likes thyself

Nice sentiment mate, hope all have a good time

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
im never alone on christmas but im always alone on xmas eve.

this thread was something nice to find before i went to bed.

after all these years i still cant seem to close my eyes until i see what is happening on ATS.

my daughter will be over at 11 am and we will do our thing and then we will head to my brothers to spend most of the day with his family.

this will be the smallest gathering ive ever had on christmas for many reasons.

happy christmas to everyone on ATS!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I'm alone this year, but happy because someone here at ATS helped create my new avatar + background the finished version of which I received as if like a Christmas present, just today!

And with my new avatar-background (said like a little kid) I have the OPTION for the moon to switch between either no moon, full moon rising, or full moon risen, so it's kinda like a transformer almost. Goes off to flip the switch to either no moon or half moon.

It was designed to freak people out and make them think they're either seeing things or that there's maybe a glitch in the matrix..

I don't mean to go on and on about my ATS Avatar-Background Christmas present lol, but since I'm alone and here with my ATS friends what else is there to do but share something that I'm enthusiastic about in regards to it and it's deeper meaning and significance, perhaps even as it relates to this evening, tonight (of all nights).

The Jupiter/Venus star conjunction above the new dawn of the earth in the background, that represents the Star of Bethlehem, for me, based on my own research (below) - and I certainly don't want to interrupt the warm fuzzies going around here tonight with a religious debate, no I'm just sharing openly, honest (not trying to push a Christian evangelical agenda, as if lol).

The Real Star of Bethlehem (part 1 of 7)

www.bethlehemstar.net...

Testimonials

"well-researched and reasonable"

Former Chief of Planetary Astronomy, NASA, and Technical Editor, Sky & Telescope magazine

"an interesting look... at the star... genuinely thought-provoking"

Christianity Today magazine

"models the scientific method at its best"

Distinguished Professor of Old Testament Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary

"wide-ranging and insightful scholarship"

Former Publisher and Editor, Scientific American magazine, and President, American Association for the Advancement of Science

"a convincing case...a mystery solved"

Former Director, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center

"This explanation of the Star is compelling..."

NASA's Chief Engineer for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station, Director of the Columbia Shuttle Accident Task Force

Just thought it might operate as a point of interest for anyone who's intrigued and would like to know more on this lovely Christmas evening..

Best Regards,

NAM

And here's how we created that graphic, from a natural conjunction between Venus and Jupiter late last year (although we rearranged them a bit).

Heavenly Lights
Photograph by Oshin D. Zakarian, TWAN

The bright lights of Venus (right) and Jupiter appear to draw closer in the sky over Saint Thaddeus Monastery in Iran on Monday night during this week's planetary conjunction. The two worlds-the brightest we're able to see with the unaided eye-were at their closest on Thursday, separated by only three degrees in the sky, or the width of two fingers at arms' length.

edit on 25-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

my home away from home.

I am alone this Christmas, as per usual.

I wish all ATS'ers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks.

SS

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Best wishes to all of ATS! You're never really alone

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's posts like that that make it feel a community,great senitment too.

Maybe I'm getting older if not wiser but I find I genuinely do have faith in
and good wishes,even respect for my fellow human beings.I always did but it's was more meant when i was younger,more felt nowadays.If that makes any sense.lol.

I'll be alone most of the day but around 8 or 9pm i'll got to an old n good friends.Her family will have had their dinner,ex,daughters and grand daughter had their presents etc

By time I get there she should be upstairs,in her jammies and we can chill out n watch eastenders (wonder who kills derek ??).

That's my xmas planned.Nothing special but it suits me.

Mind you,got laid off on Friday which wasnt expecting so be the first hogmany in years where i'm gonna be wondering money/security wise where the pennies arei gonna come from in 2013 but worry bout that when I come to it

Merry Xmas !!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is an amazing thread I always think about the people that spend holidays alone and it makes me blue. I hope everyone on ATS has happy holidays (:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Santa Claus, the biggest conspiracy in the history of humankind, played on you when you are most impresionable and vulnerable to lies by the ones who are supposed to protect you.

And we are the crazy ones for believing in government conspiracies?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I wish to extend a wish for a blessed Christmas day to everyone who feels lonely today,bearing in mind that many people feel lonely even when among family,or among a crowd.This is a very sentimental time of the year,so if some one feels lonely,its usualy worse at this time.I am thinking of you today,and wish for you,a day of inner peace,and a bright new year,with many opportunities to meet people you really would enjoy spending time with next festive season,but more importantly,people who will enrich your lives with their presence,every day.Blessings and hug to you all.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Beautiful thread... Merry Christmas Everyone

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well it's all thanks to ATS that my son and I will be spending our Christmas with my lovely man, Liveforever8 and his amazing family, for the second year running - else we'd more than likely be spending the day alone too. I am more grateful for that than anyone will ever know. Merry Xmas everyone, sending love and hugs to all

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Spent Christmas Eve with my parents but decided to spend Christmas Day alone. My Step-Daughter is spending tonight & tomorrow with her father & grandparents. This is my first Christmas since my wife passed away & I just really dont feel like being with anyone, just want to spend the day alone watching some TV and spending the day online.

My parents did get me a new Pistol Crossbow to play with tomorrow also, so that should be fun.

Merry Christmas to Everyone on here, Hope you all have a great day.

Rick
edit on 25-12-2012 by RickKilgannon because: i wanted to

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have a heavy heart this year. I don't celebrate Christmas because it stands for something I hate, but I celebrate the solstice.

My father abandoned me and my mom. he just left her after 33 years of marriage. My mom moved out of the house for fear of her life, and the day my father found out she was gone, he never came back. Now my mother always screams and yells about this,even though it was 8 years ago. I never call her, I never visit her. I love my mother, but it breaks my heart to hear her say these things. What many people fail to realize, is that I have an eidetic memory; (not 'perfect recall') My episodic memory is eidetic. So every time she talks about these things I remember it all in vivid detail and it makes me so sad that I don't even answer her calls anymore.

One of the worst things she ever said was, after returning from the hospital because she attempted suicide; She swore she had visions of dying alone in a hospital bed. She knows she'll die that way.

I also spend christmas alone. I spend all my holidays alone. I got into drugs and lost all my friends, now I'm sober but they are still gone. If it weren't for my spouse I would be all alone.

I've had a sad life. My heart is so full of love and adoration and sometimes I feel it trying to burst out, but I have nobody to give it to, or so I thought. I met my spouse around the time my parents starting really getting bad, and we've had ups and downs. But one day I realized that if she left me, which she should have, I would be alone. And that was when I felt all of the love and adoration finally find its way out. I was reluctant to really allow myself to acknowledge this because we are young and sometimes fight; But now every night before we fall asleep I kiss her and hug her like it's the last time ever will. And every day, almost without being able to control it, I wrap my arms around her and thank her for always being here.

I'm not necessarily spending the holiday alone. I have my beautiful spouse, and we are beginning to find love again. But my family is dead. We were just torn apart and never healed. My mom left, took our dogs and cats, and my dad stopped coming home. I miss my dogs, and cats, I never got to say goodbye. The cat I had after my open heart surgery, chauncy, is probably dead now. I never got to say goodbye to him. I almost forgot what he looked like.

It's lonely without a family. It feels lonely. It feels like there is something profanely out of tune inside of me.

If you're truly alone, there is someone somewhere who belongs with you. anyone who wants to hear how I met my spouse and decide for yourselves if it was fate or just random, send a PM. It was fate. She is my soul mate. And there's someone for you too. until then, we're here. We carry each other's sadness, joy, fear, curiosity. This is a good place to be.

For anyone in a situation like mine, I think of the mountain goats' song 'oceanographer's choice' when John sings "what will I do when I don't have you to hold onto in the dark".

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinVsJesus
I have a heavy heart this year. I don't celebrate Christmas because it stands for something I hate, but I celebrate the solstice.

I'm very sorry for your loss. No matter what one might celebrate at this season, it is a time to love and remember, and I'm sorry that, at least for 2012, that brings you some pain. Here's hoping that 2013 is a better year for you!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For those of you who are feeling bad about having nobody around, especially friendships, or any kind of close-knit relationship right now, keep in mind it could be partly due to your geography, culture, and the fact that there is clearly a downward-spiraling trend of people who are withdrawn from social interactions and friendships.

Also, It definitely helps to find people similar to you to connect with - find your social realm! It can be difficult, so keep your eyes peeled!

Decline of friendships in the U. S. According to a study documented in the June 2006 issue of the journal American Sociological Review, Americans are thought to be suffering a loss in the quality and quantity of close friendships since at least 1985.[8][9] The study states that 25% of Americans have no close confidants and that the average total number of confidants per person has dropped from four to two. According to the study: The percentage of Americans who had at least one confidant not connected to them through kinship dropped from 80% to 57%. Americans' dependence for close contact on a partner or spouse went up from 5% to 9%. Research has found a link between fewer friendships (especially in quality) and psychological regression.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see I like ATS
I even post content stating a case, even in a thread such as this one.

This is what ATS is all about > to speak your mind and discuss important topics that your every day person may turn a shoulder, or stick their nose up in the air towards.

Things will be okay. My advice will be to put on some good music and/or chill here on ATS because this is an amazing community, full of bright and aware individuals with minds of gold.

Love from me to all of you. Merry Christmas.

edit on 25-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: I have decided against talking about myself in personal context.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
an xmas story ?

here is mine

Im the son of nones,orphan.
No family, from orphanage.
no friends.
My girld died 12 years ago.
Im just doing my job, everydays life.

Yup.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well, I will be totally alone tomorrow at work. No one but myself for 8 hours straight and a couple hours travel. I will pack tons of goodies and eat myself happy.

But we celebrated Xmas for the last 3 days and it was wonderful! So this more than makes up for Xmas day. Besides, I am used to it. So if you see me here tomorrow (I guess it is today now.) it is just to combat boredom. Won't be much work to do. Likely just an hours worth of work. And good pay to do nothing. There is a positive about everything.

edit on 25-12-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

Man Im feeling ya.. My family was torn apart too by my very sick minded, psychotic brother earlier this year.. He is basically a mommies boy who is 36 and still lives with mom.. Never really had a girlfriend.. Is a soccer thug who has done two prison terms for violence.. A druggy.. And blames everyone else but himself for his crap..

He has always been jeleous of me too as I have been married, had kids, travelled the world, have the respect of people I have served with in the Army.. And have never had problems getting women (just keeping them lol)..

I not long back moved back into the area after 22 years of being away. I was crashing on my moms sofa whilst I got work and sorted my life after being away.. But his hatred for me is soo much, that I found out that he started turning the family against me.. I also found that he bullies my dad. I caught him drunk as usual whilst he had my 66 year old dad by the throat, was headbutting him and spitting in his face.. So I went medieval on hiss ass.. Him being mommas special boy though got the police called on ME!! Because he was on tag for that house it was me got threw out! lol.. Good job I have a good job or I would have been screwed.. So now I have not spoken ti any of them for months... But there is a silver lining... The wider family have got wise to his shennanigans and guess who has just been invited to my cousins and aunts to Christmas dinner?? Yeah baby.. Im not going to be alo.e after all!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you so much for that beautiful message OP.

I am glad this is the post that receives my first official flag

Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Seasons greetings from Iran....Merry Christmas and happy new year to everybody all around the world...We regard our best wishes to have a more peaceful,loving and more respectful times for all in the year coming...Lets all open up and reach out for each other and try to solve the problems and issues instead of creating them....May god bless us all....My special greetings to all my friends in NYC and Toronto...the only places you can actually feel the real Christmas spirit

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join