It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
well...merry christmas to everybody...mom is working so spending christmas alone with gma...not too exciting, but peaceful
enjoy vaccations!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You inspire and help others without any selfish intent. There isn't a better example of being the change we all want to see in this world than that. May the Force be with you & guide you through your days... always.

I am glad I stopped by ATS tonight. Reading all of your stories and the PMs full of thoughtfulness, it really has brightened my mood from sad & lonely, to my usual jovial & HAARPy self. Thank you ATS, & like what has been said in this thread already, none of you are truly alone this holiday season.

I'd like to add my own little creation to help put a smile on some sad faces this evening....
Grandma's Gangnam Style Xmas Boogie...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm blessed to be working this year at my new passion/profession as a documentary filmmaker.
Documenting the Christmas celebration and dances at one of our local Pueblos for our local cable access TV station. It's great to experience another culture and their rituals this time of year.
The American obsession of consumerism especially during the holidays has worn a little thin on this aging cynic.

edit on 24-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I am alone also. As I think back over the years that I have been involved in conspiracy research, I have come to realize it is all in vain. Look, we like to talk about it and find out these things that are really going on. We inform our friends and spread the knowledge. We listen to people in the know and what does it all produce? Fear and Anxiety. That's all, nothing more. I used to think that I could make a difference. I can't. By waking up people, are we not introducing fear? Look, I will be the first to say that we can make a difference. But this is nothing more than fear mongering. What are we to do? Live in anxiety or just become one of the sheeple heading towards the slaughter. We are all to blame. I guess ignorance is bliss. I guess what I am saying; is there really anything we can do. If not I choose to go to the slaughter ignorant and enjoy the time I have left. I just don't know what to do or if anything I do will ever make a difference. Oh well, enough of my ranting. May all of us lonely souls have a Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas to all of ATS.

Sawman

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thank you for the very kind words.

Like I said earlier, ANYONE can reach out and give me a holler.( Or, you might just get one from me)

And......
Grandma is rocking the House!

My kids are laughing hysterically to it!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkarella

HI Pink, sorry to hear about your husband passing..... When things get tough for me I think about my former sister-in-law..... She lost her mother to cancer; the next year she lost her sister and a year or two after that she lost her dad ... all to cancer .... then my brother ignored his chest pain to go duck hunting ... and had a massive heart attack when walking out in to retrieve a shot duck ... we asked her how are you holding together ... he replied that it was like being pregnant from all of the funerals back to back ..... Then a few months after that he came down with full blown MS

now that is some bad karma

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone

I'd like to add my name to the list of people who will always be there for anyone who needs it. If you need to talk, laugh, cry or just need to know someone's there for you, feel free to message me.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

neformore for such a positive bright idea.
Something I keeps with me ---

@ times when 1 feels alone 1 may only be lonely
1 says this because since we all come from the CREATOR we are never alone. But at times through the universal / dimensional separation experiences we can tend to feel lonely and separated but the MOST HIGHEST is still there

Merry Christmas ALL and Happy Holidays. Even if deception has misused good still grew from within... LESSONS??? Wish all the children could experience the joy

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
edit on 12/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Oh my goodness!!! I totally LOVE Grammy rocking out!
Too cute!

You gotta make that video go viral. Love it!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So very thoughtful Neff, thank you. To all of ATS Merry Christmas and thank you for many many hours of fantastic reading this year. I look forward to the year we'll share ahead. Raising my glass to all of you.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just wan't to reiterate what others have been saying and if any of you want some fellowship.. Not just througg Christmas either but anytime at all.. PM me..

I love this ATS comunity.. Its kept me sane (ish) through some very dark moments of the soul.. So would be great to pay that forward..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

speaking of old....
some of you may have seen this already...but it's a great Christmas video....with two great voices from different generations.

Wouldn't be Christmas without listening at least once.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

BTW, My son is huge Star Wars Fan (12) !

He plays SWOTR, has a gang of toys, and says there is nothing wrong getting married to a Star Wars themed wedding.....

We were watching a TV show, and someone actually had a wedding like this. He said it was too cool!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for that - I am alone for Xmas, sort of by choice, sort of by otherwise. My better half is visting family in another state and almost the rest of my family is in another country. My two kids are close by, but might as well be on another planet... but them are the breaks!

I do find it a little lonely, but not heartbreakingly so. The turkey is in the oven, my two dogs are around (unconditional love is magic is it not?) and hope abounds for a great new year. And if the new year is not so great? Well there is always the next one!

Peace and love to you all.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Christmas is just a really sucky day when all stores are closed

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by sonnny1

speaking of old....
some of you may have seen this already...but it's a great Christmas video....with two great voices from different generations.

Wouldn't be Christmas without listening at least once.

Heck, I can listen to this, even if it wasn't Christmas!

And yes, This old man loves his music! It has helped me many times, coping with things that were gnawing on me.....

Thanks for posting DTOM.........

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Merry Christmas ATS and anyone who is alone for Xmas.
It's tough to be alone any time of the year but Xmas is by far the hardest, so my thoughts are with anyone alone this year.

Peace and love to all

X
edit on 24-12-2012 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My kids will be with their mom for the first time in years this Christmas, so I'm ok with alone this time. Feels weird though.
Anyway, thanks for the thread.
There are a lot of happy and sad stories this time of the year, its interesting the effect this date has on everyone.

Merry Christmas ATS

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well ty to all posters so far.
my story?
well it seems to me that the last 3 months of the year have always been a hard time for me. Seems to start the week of my birthday and ends at the end of the year

this year ?

My lady of 5 years left the week of my birthday.

I was "let go" from my job then denied unemployment .( does a employer ever actually tell the truth )

Electricity cut off after a week ( when I found out my roommate had been using the money for drugs)

homeless by December ( besides the 3 months I had my place I've spent nearly a year homeless.)

I have a hard time asking for help since my father died and my mother got sick.

So this Christmas i will be alone (besides my two cats) . Trying my best to make it these last few days lol.

I hope you all get to the end with me. Here's to a new year .

Anyone in okc feeling blue feel free to drop me a msg . Maybe we can get an ats Christmas dinner going on next year.

But dont expect me to host lol my car just isn't big enuff.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm alone, just list my wife and kids today

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join