It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I will be alone because I split up with the woman I love two months ago. I am estranged from my family to.. Living in a hotel in Birmingham UK.. So no Christmas turkey for me this year..

I will be on here too..

Thanks for the thread nefermore.. Great idea

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

The price of airline tickets is what kept me from going home as well. It sucks.

Happy Holidays to everyone, regardless.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Your father is always there in your heart. Just take comfort from that

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I won't be alone, as a matter of fact I will be around quite a few people, to include lots of food and drink...

Thing is, they are all walking zombies and hard to entertain. Wit nor a penchant for discussing things outside of the box, are non-existing attributes.

And because of this, I will be spending a good part of the day here...

Thanks ATS community for giving me a huge outlet.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

That's true...thank you. I also have him in an urn on my shelf, but that's another story, LOL. ( This is true, not making that up ). I didn't really understand what it would feel like to lose a parent until he was gone, and it does affect you. But, I'm hanging in there.
Thank you again for your warm thoughts.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Double post fail
edit on 24-12-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No Christmas turkey for me either, makes it better knowing im not the only one

Been a bad year, hope next year is better!

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I love this topic. And I love that some people who were also alone in past years remember it and even look forward to it. That's awesome. An actual ATS tradition! How wonderful. I live with my mom so we're never alone, but we're likewise totally alone apart from that. But we love the winter and each other and that's enough.

reply to post by mattdel

This will probably do little to make you feel better and I hope it doesn't get interpreted as disingenuous or insincere, because I assure you it is neither. I understand your cynicism and it sounds like it's warranted. I have experienced long term isolation before. But, nevertheless, for whatever it's worth, not only do I love you (in the unconditional, human sense,) but I guarantee some of my holiday love is at this moment intended specifically and solely for you. So... as I said, that may be meaningless to you. I don't know. But it is freely given.

I wish you the best. Peace.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey guys,

haven't posted in ages but have been browsing ATS occasionally. I'll be alone this Xmas, first time actually, as my father past away in February and I got divorced in April. They say things come in 3's. eek, so I'm not sure what else can go wrong. I don't have any kids yet, but it's not a problem. I plan to drink myself into Nirvana. Lol.
But I wish all you wonderful people out there a most Merry Christmas and I hope 2013 is a great year for everyone.

I think my New Years resolution will be to get more involved in this site, always something fun to discuss.

Peace.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

This will probably do little to make you feel better and I hope it doesn't get interpreted as disingenuous or insincere, because I assure you it is neither. I understand your cynicism and it sounds like it's warranted. I have experienced long term isolation before. But, nevertheless, for whatever it's worth, not only "do" I love you (in the unconditional, human sense,) but I guarantee some of my holiday love is at this moment intended specifically and solely for you. So... as I said, that may be meaningless to you. I don't know. But it is freely given. 

I wish you the best. Peace.
reply to post by AceWombat04

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read... Made this old soldier a bit teary actually.. God bless you for that.. Though it was for another member.. It was still like getting hug xxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Damn lady...that is harsh....as a loose minded man from the ages....most of us are not that #ty....

Merry Christmas lady....I wish the best for you. If your other half was actualy that cold to pull that # at a holiday.....what goes around comes around. You have our embrace....we wish no one a sad holiday. I got a hug for you....screw the world....this is a safe place.....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Good morning all
Merry Christmas and happy new year, wherever you are, whatever you're doing.....alone or with friends/family... enjoy some seasonal cheer.

12.15AM here in the UK... gonna be a late one..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Thank you so very much. I needed that.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Enter the hero....

Never really addresses the problem but sure makes everyone feel better ...nice timing loser...thanks...thanks alot....

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Cheer up ATS!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I will be seeing family for a short time tomorrow but I will still feel alone. Thank you for the thread. It's hard to move on when someone special leaves you behind

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, Nef.

This is my third Christmas without my beloved wife, seems harder than the previous two, but my daughter is here with me, and I have my family and my wife's nearby, so I'm not alone, thank the Lord.

Merry Christmas to all on ATS!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Merry Christmas ATS'ers....I'm sorry to hear that some of you will be spending Christmas alone, maybe next year we could start a thread a little earlier, and if there are people alone that live near to each other.....then maybe they could hook up and spend the day together, I won't be alone, but if I and my family could have given someone a Christmas dinner, a few drinks and a bit of company then we would genuinely have been only too happy to.........so long as he/she isn't a psycho of course!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Extremely nice of you Nef......

I am with Family, but I never forget those Christmases that I was alone.....due to Working, or because of my Children being hundreds of miles away. Merry Christmas to EVERYONE on ATS, alone or with family. I consider ATS a family as it is......

You are not alone People.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
Thanks for the sentiment.

I am alone this year, as well as the foreseeable years ahead. I don't choose to be, but life hasn't seen fit to bless me with the things I want most, like a family or real friends. I've spent the better part of 2 hours today wallowing in self pity and tears, and I plan to recommence that activity once my ass starts to hurt from this chair. No need to pity me though, I do enough. 29 years of isolation from anything resembling a connection with another human has given me a very cynical view of the world, but for some reason the holidays make me weep because I can actually feel the love in the air, and I know none of it is for me.

edit on 24-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

Don't think that way, mate. There is always someone out there who loves you, a circle out there ready to accept you like a brother. There are people out there you are destined to meet. It's almost the beginning of a new year, things are always changing. Nobody knows where life will take them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join