It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ah, I couldn't read the first part because of the white text

I'd love to visit England one of these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here's my "new age" Christmas "rant" from another thread, thought it might be appropriate to share it here for whatever it's worth.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Merry Christmas and Happy New Age!

Solstice and Perihelion

I'm glad that it's Christmas, and New Years. It's a time for everyone to just chill out a bit and relax and gain a better perspective on things, both looking back on what may have been for many rather trying times, to put it lightly, and, looking forward, with hope for something better, by comparison (that's funny).

We often try to solve all the problems of the world here from the armchair of our ATS word castle and virtual community, but surely, if there's so be any real and lasting solution, it must begin and end with ourselves. It must start with what we hold sacred, even if it's of the most apparently mundane variety where the sacred is often found and treasured in "the little things", the little kindnesses, the sympathetic ear (and heart and mind), the unexpected act of selfless generosity from a stranger ("even as you did it unto the least of these you did it unto me."), the smile of a child whether on Christmas morning or any day of the year.

The first/last cause (beginning and ending in eternity) and the future domain of limitless possibility (see quantum physics) is still open and available to us, if only we might stop and think and think again, and then come to our senses and realize that the future need not equal the past, and that what we think, feel and do, matters. Even if we actually inhabit a non-local, holographic universe, then all the moreso LOCAL MATTERS, and the mundane IS sacred, and nothing and no one is insignificant, or we wouldn't even be here to begin with in the first place. Life matters, and our modern culture for the most part makes a mockery of the utterly magnificent opportunity that is Life.

Let us turn therefore from the projected images on the proverbial cave wall and step out and stand up and turn to face the light of truth and reason, which to be reasonable has to be eminently practical at the same time, and that's the stuff of life right there, and the informed love that makes new life possible where it wasn't before, wherein we realize the opportunity to co-create WITH God the kingdom of God and of heaven on earth, from within, to without, until the inner and the outer come to reflect one another and become magnified for the sake of what is right and what is reasonable.

After all this time, we must claim our birthright and the inheritance prepared for us from the time before time and come to realize and recognize (re cognize) our true place in the Creation as children of a loving God, and then when the scales at last fall from our own eyes then and only then we will be able to see clearly, which will automatically remove the splinter from our brother's eye and thus from the world's eye. (that's funny too!)

It's doable, in other words, and it's possible, that we might at least begin to pass through or cross over a certain threshold point beyond which everything will BEGIN to get better and better, at all levels. In this regard each and every one of us has a role to play, for better or worse (preferably for the better). Let us therefore take responsibility, and work to bridge the gap between what is and what ought to be.

May we choose life, where life to be real is also novel and creative (fresh and new), because it's also what is authentic (the real life), replacing what was inauthentic (pretentious, ignorant, lacking in awareness, but still trying desperately to be real). "He who keeps his life will lose it but he who loses his life for my sake will find it again and keep it."

As such it (enlightened realization and re-cognition) therefore contains embedded within itself also a great humor of understanding, enough surely to generate a sufficient amount of comedic material to last another millennium, if not longer.

It is in that heartfelt, good-willed good-humored, hopeful, and optimistic Christmassy spirit, which is capable of maintaining its mirth and charm even in the face of of most absurd injustices (Ho Ho Ho!), that I would like to say to you, each, and every one...

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Age!

NAM

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Merry Christmas, ATS family!

One of the beautiful things about Internet is that you can find acceptance and "family" across the world.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
(however, all you're getting is text for Christmas because I'm too cheap to buy presents for thousands of people.)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hope everyone's having a good day. Mines been a bit odd. Gran died this morning, so my mum and dad had to go to Manchester leaving me and my brother to fend for ourselves. We ate at my mates and now we are back my brother is in bed with the flu, so now I'm back at home on my own with a mince piei and cup of tea watching Strictly come dancing.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That is...a bit of a weird start for christmas day:/

haha funny avatar^^

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sincere condolences for the loss of your Grand Parent....My thoughts and Prayers are with you, and your Family.

Des

edit on 25-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss...

Prayers for you and your family. Your ATS family is here for you......

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This will be my first Christmas alone in my life...all 38 yrs of it...my kids are older now...me and their dad have separate lives...and I am going through another separation...this is the hardest time I've ever had.

I do see now, however, all the lonely people...I wish that I had seen them sooner. Sooo, I took it upon myself to play secret Santa with a single Marine who is alone and lives in my APt. complex...I quietly put a card and a stocking on his doorknob..rung the bell and quickly walked away.

Being former active duty myself...I know how hard the holidays are for our service members...but they are expected to be "tough".

I'm sorry to say that there are many other lonely souls out there...homeless, elderly, mentally ill, single people...being alone this year was mostly my choice...some people don't have that luxury.

I'll never do that again...there are a lot of other people that could use at least a meaningless conversation or some well-wishes from a stranger.

Let's not even delve into the financial state of most people...uhhg...also my first Christmas where I couldn't get anything for my kids...nothing.

There will be other Christmases...and I will die before I'm ever alone on this day again.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i think its great how ATSers look after their own!

Such a sad time of year for people who have lost loved ones and its good to know that this online community are one big happy (most of the time) family!

Hope everyone has had a great day and wish everyone all the best for 2013!

hope its full of mysteries for us all to talk about!

peace! xx

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I love what you did, the secret Santa thing, I bet that guy is wondering where the card came from.
The day is nearly over for me, just another three and a half hours. A few more hours then it will be over for you too. I wish I could pour you a drink to cheer you up, I hope your day gets better.
Best wishes for your future.
LEL.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What a wonderful thread! Although I won't be alone this Christmas but there are times I wish that I was.

I don't know whether it's the age difference from my older brother and sister (seven yers and nine years) or whether our lives went down such different paths (heck I didn't even go to the same school they did) but they are as alien to me as complete strangers. I think of all the people who are suffering this christmas (like those families in Newtown) and everyone else here is complaining about such materialistic [censored] that makes no difference (right now my mother is complaining about her wifi). I'm sorry but I can't take complaints about how overcooked the brussel sprouts are seriously when there are people eating their christmas dinner in homeless shelters.

There are different definitions of "alone" I suppose...
edit on 25-12-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your loss. Had a similar thing happen to me on New Years Eve in '87.

We're all here for ya if you need us.
edit on 25/12/12 by neformore because: caught the 9 key by accident

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

Well if you ever make it over, and you're still on ATS and want a tour guide to the North of the UK, gimmie a shout

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

yeah. i get that.... sort of 'alone in a room full of people'-like(?)

Not alone, this year, by any means ... but it just doesn't 'feel like Christmas' when it's 70+f outside.

Something i'll just have to get used to, i guess, since the move from the northeast to texas.

edit on 12/25/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Sorry to hear about your loss. Had a similar thing happen to me on New Years Eve in '87.

We're all here for ya if you need us.
edit on 25/12/12 by neformore because: caught the 9 key by accident

It was a relief in many ways, she went into hospital with pneumonia over a week ago and has been suffering since. She was 85 and smoked 40 a day, so she didn't have much chance. It was amazing she lasted a week. I think she wanted to wait till Christmas Day. So we would always remember. Something's going to get you eventually, 85 is a good innings and she never had to go into care or lose her marbles, which I saw with my other grand parents.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
This will be my first Christmas alone in my life...all 38 yrs of it...my kids are older now...me and their dad have separate lives...and I am going through another separation...this is the hardest time I've ever had.

I do see now, however, all the lonely people...I wish that I had seen them sooner. Sooo, I took it upon myself to play secret Santa with a single Marine who is alone and lives in my APt. complex...I quietly put a card and a stocking on his doorknob..rung the bell and quickly walked away.

Being former active duty myself...I know how hard the holidays are for our service members...but they are expected to be "tough".

I'm sorry to say that there are many other lonely souls out there...homeless, elderly, mentally ill, single people...being alone this year was mostly my choice...some people don't have that luxury.

I'll never do that again...there are a lot of other people that could use at least a meaningless conversation or some well-wishes from a stranger.

Let's not even delve into the financial state of most people...uhhg...also my first Christmas where I couldn't get anything for my kids...nothing.

There will be other Christmases...and I will die before I'm ever alone on this day again.

Would you happen to live in Connecticut? If you do I would stop by with a gallon of cider and share some holiday cheer with you. Sometimes a smile from a sympathetic friend is a better christmas present than any of this materialistic junk we don't want and bought with money we don't have.

If not, just mentally imagine a sympathetic friend is handing you a microwaved cup of hot apple cider...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hello I am a Newb and I apperciate your wishes.
It is so nice to know we really are here for one another.
Thats the best gift ever.Again Many Thanks

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
Thanks for the sentiment.

I am alone this year, as well as the foreseeable years ahead. I don't choose to be, but life hasn't seen fit to bless me with the things I want most, like a family or real friends. I've spent the better part of 2 hours today wallowing in self pity and tears, and I plan to recommence that activity once my ass starts to hurt from this chair. No need to pity me though, I do enough. 29 years of isolation from anything resembling a connection with another human has given me a very cynical view of the world, but for some reason the holidays make me weep because I can actually feel the love in the air, and I know none of it is for me.

edit on 24-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

Merry Christmas mate!
You have a new ATS buddy if you want, I'm always up for making new friends, even if they're totally different from me.
You can hit me up any time you want. We all need pity. No one is special.
I don't know you but my thoughts are with you now.
Hope you have a better new year.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Absolute respect for this thread.
You're the man. If we were all like this, the world would be a better place for sure.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you sir!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join