It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are alone this Christmas....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

and to you too my friend..

sure hope you're not along today..

Heck, what am I saying..

You're here with us !!!!

what more do you need

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andypb
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks NAM, lets all hope for a new beginning and fresh start to 2013 for everybody.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Peace...

Andy.

You're most welcome, and me too.

Just for the record, I don't think we're all suddenly going to find ourselves inhabiting a whole new world in the twinkling of an eye, I'm realistic enough to know that any transformation for the human being, and newfound happiness, will arise only in relation to some unhappiness, already experienced, where the more that suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain.. It's very ironic in a grave and humorous way.

So I'm just pointing, if I can, a sturdy finger at the possibility of a profound humor of newfound understanding and re-cognition if only on the basis of what we already have to compare as a point of contrast (it is funny, but only in hindsight from the POV of the one who no longer suffers for all the wrong reasons), and that's what Christmas is about in so many ways; contrast, enlightenment, and a blessing and a gift from God capable of utterly defying our best expectation (we usually don't set the bar very high for ourselves to begin anyway), and so the "proclamation" is one of joyful celebration in anticipation of not just something better but even the very best of the best which is capable of altogether transcending our sorrow, so in my books there's also a humorous joke in the mix that just keeps on getting funnier (keeps on giving amid increased awareness and understanding). It's so funny in fact that to really get it totally and completely is enough to put a "normal" person in the hospital! LOL (been there done that got the t-shirt).

In truth I feel like some sort of Christmas Shaman who's mission it was to bring back to my fellow man the "boon" of the true meaning of Christmas, which I've attempted to encode in my new avatar-background with the help of an ATS friend and helper.

Oh it's hilarious! Some day someone else will "get it" and my hope is that because of the work I've done to process it, that it will be a "safe" joke to get causing at worst a few tears first of sorrow and then of absolute hilarity and while that could appear insane to some, I can say from experience that it's the humor of true understanding and self knowledge in the truth that sets us free.

Absolute love and forgivenesss is absolute liberation - that's what I discovered, but it's a hyper freedom about which we had no prior context or frame of reference by which to compare it, so it's a little freaky when it happens. I ran around laughing hysterically saying OMG what do I do now?! It was too much to take and I overloaded, I "popped".

And here I am on Christmas night typing away to strangers sharing personal stuff at 3:30am.

I think it's time for bed!

G'night, and thanks again for the opportunity to share and have a sense of community and not being alone. It made a difference, big time!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Age...

Rudolf,

(it's just an allegory)

edit on 25-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Here in the UK, it's a dank 11.45am with the occasional-flurry of rain and re-runs of
1979 'Top Of The Pops' with a healthy-looking Micheal Jackson singing 'Blame It On
The Boogie'!!
But here on the internet, BIAD and myself enjoy a weather-less world of friends and cyber
-family...

The world is a smaller place these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Here in the UK, it's a dank 11.45am with the occasional-flurry of rain and re-runs of
1979 'Top Of The Pops' with a healthy-looking Micheal Jackson singing 'Blame It On
The Boogie'!!
But here on the internet, BIAD and myself enjoy a weather-less world of friends and cyber
-family...

You must be watching watch, the same as me lol

Merry christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This will be my first ever Christmas alone . Initially I was dreading the thought , but I'm having a lovely relaxing and peaceful day .
To all of you who are alone for what ever reason , and to everybody else . Have a very merry Christmas .

Peace to all

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

The Boogie'!!
-family...

Did you just say - re-runs of 'Top Of The Pops' with a healthy-looking Micheal Jackson singing 'Blame It On The Boogie'!!

From what I was just saying, that's just too funny!

Oh how I love meaningful synchronicity that's humorous.

Btw, nice avatar!

edit on 25-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Sorry to read that you find yourself alone today . Keep smiling .
Merry Christmas .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Happy Holidays! Best Wishes for All!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

sure hope you're not along today..

Heck, what am I saying..

You're here with us !!!!

what more do you need

Nothing wrong with a quiet one....me and my 3 kitties (plus a dead turkey)...and every ATSer here today.

Just listening to Xmas songs on the radio and preparing to imput excess quantities of alcohol, chocolate and food while my little fibre optic tree flashes and the woodburner crackles in the background.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
listening to Xmas songs on the radio and preparing to imput excess quantities of alcohol, chocolate and food while my little fibre optic tree flashes and the woodburner crackles in the background.

Cheers!

Don't move...

Just getting my coat..

Ferries are running aren't they..

Wont be long.. pause the radio, keep the drinks cold, the food hot.. will be there asap

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
To everybody who is tired of Top of The Pops re-runs , National Geographic channel are doing back to back UFO Untold Stories. ITV3 are showing back to back Carry On films .
Enjoy there rest of your day , folks .

I'm raising a glass to you all .

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

The TV this year is awful. Only thing worth looking forward to is Dr.Who - there isn't even a Top Gear Christmas Special this year, although DAVE is running repeats of all the past ones.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

listening to Xmas songs on the radio and preparing to imput excess quantities of alcohol, chocolate and food while my little fibre optic tree flashes and the woodburner crackles in the background.

Cheers!

Don't move...

Just getting my coat..

Ferries are running aren't they..

Wont be long.. pause the radio, keep the drinks cold, the food hot.. will be there asap

Let's PARTY!

All welcome, bring a bottle and a sleeping bag and we'll show these French how to do it properly.

Turkey has just gone in, veggies ready for peeling, fizz being opened, .....oh dear, that jumbo pack of ROLO is smiling at me

I might make a bowl of punch too, I have a spare bottle of rum and some juice. A few tealight candles to keep it warm in a pyrex bowl.

I wish I could be with my family at xmas, but we've all chatted on the phone today so don't feel too bad.

Hic, happy, humbug,, hugs.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I caught the Top Gear Bolivia special , this morning on Dave . Hilarious .

BBC2 are showing Top Gear , fifty years of Bond cars , this evening.

All the best

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Find yourself a copy of "Blackadder's Chrismas Carol" somewhere online.

Can't go wrong.

Here's one if you can view where you are:

Blackadder's Christmas Carol

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think the message in the first post is good and well said, but at the same time : If you're not Christian, why be bothered about what others are doing today? Why feel alone and down? Don't.

I kind of think of it like a saturday night when you're in and alone. Most people are out or doing something, but it doesn't mean you have to feel down.

Remember that most of these people getting together today are taking part in a consumer cash in and have contributed to making destructive corporations even more powerful with the senseless buying. Yes, they're making their kids happy and that's cool, but if you're not Christian, why buy kids something today?

Respect to the Christians, but the non-Christians who take part in today really make the thing a farce.

So if you're alone and feeling down, try to remember that at least you're not taking part in today for the wrong reasons!

Just to add because it's right and also made me laugh :

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
edit on 25-12-2012 by robhines because: added links

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Even The Grinch saw the light.

It's about PEOPLE, not Stuff.

Happy Christmas to YOU.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by christophersupertramp

I was... my Mother-In-Law has arrived and I'm attempting Time-Travel!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Find yourself a copy of "Blackadder's Chrismas Carol" somewhere online.

Can't go wrong.

Here's one if you can view where you are:

Blackadder's Christmas Carol

Oh man... you're teasing with that list of things you got going on..

Oddly enough.. Slackbladders christmas carrol is on BBC2 tonight at 8pm...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have just read all 10 pages of this thread and while some comments made me weep , others gave me a huge smile and a little hope .
Nobody likes to be alone this time of year . Being on here has brightened my day .
Thank you for such a wonderful thread .

To the guy living in a hotel in Birmingham . I'm saving my Christmas wish for you and truly hope that 2013 will bring you happiness and joy.

Sending you all a virtual hug .

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join