It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Delusional...........

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

(Continuing from previous post on last page...)

But on the other hand, there do still remain a (shrinking) number of alternative explanations besides real, physical (or interdimensional or spiritual) abduction by real entities. For instance, it's interesting how much abduction experiences echo documented '___' trips. (The brain does produce '___' endogenously, as well.) Also, without getting too far into personal details, I once investigated a family member's ostensible abduction experience. All the hallmarks were there (the craft, greys with big black eyes, telepathic communication, fetuses in tubes of liquid, an interest in reproduction, and even some of the more exotic elements of abduction phenomena, such as strange children leading a youth abductee away from other people in a compulsory trance-like state, witnesses being "switched off," etc.) and this family member had never been exposed to UFO or abduction lore or literature. Their experiences began in the 1950s, well before the Betty and Barney Hill case (one of the cases I don't think we can explain away necessarily, incidentally.)

Anyhow, it turned out that they had temporal lobe epilepsy, which can produce complex hallucinations that do not hinder otherwise normal perception of reality or functioning such as walking. That doesn't mean that their experiences were absolutely caused by epilepsy, but it is a possibility, as is the '___' hypothesis. It's possible that a combination of these or similar factors, and sleep paralysis or hypnagogia, could account for a great many abduction accounts. Mind you, I say it is possible. And because it is, and because barring personally being abducted and having physical evidence of that experience I have no compelling proof to the contrary, I cannot yet conclude that abductions are the product of ET (or other real) visitation.

That said, I am open to the possibility.

I hope this serves to illustrate the broad range of opinion and feeling on the topic, keeping in mind that I'm just one of many people considering myriad possible explanations for these events. One need not be delusional or close minded to be as yet unconvinced of what believers have been persuaded of.

Lastly, to further lighten the mood, some surprisingly on-topic Monty Python:

Peace.
edit on 1/1/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

edit on 1/1/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Added Monty Python

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

That said, I am open to the possibility.

I hope this serves to illustrate the broad range of opinion and feeling on the topic, keeping in mind that I'm just one of many people considering myriad possible explanations for these events. One need not be delusional or close minded to be as yet unconvinced of what believers have been persuaded of.

Peace

I applaud you 'AceWombat04', on a well thought and a well written opinion. Applause and Stars!! Although I may wish to debate you on your opinions about UFO's and Abductions, that would be off topic, but both would be excellent threads to revisit and have a civil discussion about.

As you said initially, on the previous page, there has been a lot of rhetoric spewed throughout this thread. Unfortunately, and I really don't want to add any further rhetoric, but a great majority, in my opinion, stemmed from the OP's rude and close minded responses.

No one should be called 'very delusional' or lacking 'common sense', because a responder questioned the firmness of the stated title with simply saying it was possible that life exists beyond the earth. Or questioning the OP's claim of definite existence of life elsewhere through mathematics.

Common sense does dictate that mathematics CAN NOT prove or be definitive that there is life elsewhere! It can only guesstimate, with the same inaccuracies of the Drake Equation (which is nice and fun to do a 'what if') of what the possibility or maybe even the probability of life existing (especially, Intelligent Life) elsewhere.

So I will conclude, as I stated way back earlier in the thread.......(and on topic!)

Originally posted by ItDepends
With that said, we have absolutely no tangible, physical proof that life exists anywhere else! It would seem incredible that life of some form does not exist somewhere in the universe?

It's possible, you would think so, makes sense, hope we are not alone........Since man has walked on earth, we have had the uncontrollable urge to look toward the stars, looking, searching, speculating......but the facts remain, we have found no sign of the existence of life beyond the earth to date.

Again, compliments to you 'AceWombat04' on a well written and level headed response! Cheers!

Peace my friends.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Oh, I agree. Calling people delusional was an unnecessary personal attack in my opinion as well. That's sort of my whole aim in these topics, regardless of what position I or others have is just to soften the rhetoric. We're all presumably good intentioned human beings with reasonably similar interests, if not beliefs, such that we can communicate in a spirit of good will and civility.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Quite Right! .........and Oh I forgot to mention, your Monty Python video was not only 'On Topic', but it was hilarious and met your objective to lighten the mood.

Peace!!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join