It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Delusional...........

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

We may be alone within our own galaxy. Why? Because of a very special and unique cosmological configuration in terms of our earth-moon-sun relationship, which if it was anything other than precisely the way it is, "life" if there was any on earth would be very very different that what we enjoy today. In fact, without the effect of our single giant moon, our precise distance from the sun and even the tilt and wobble (which is a result of the moon also), then we would not be having this conversation because if that were the case then this world would not be covered with liquid water. Life on earth is either by design or the result of the most astronomical of coincidences imaginable, even beyond imagination,.

So while I've thought and considered what you've presented for our consideration, upon further research I've discovered that life on earth as we experience it is by far more extraordinary and unique than I'd previously imagined.

If you want to limit life as we exist how do you know this exact situation hasn't occurred many times in our own galaxy, because you require proof? Okay show me proof that Jesus Christ existed and that he was not just made up?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The Heavens declare the Glory of God,

the Firmament shows His handiwork,

Day unto day, they utter speech, all the earth can see the design,

The fool has said in his heart, there is no God,

All men since the beginning have known God exists, even His eternal power and Godhead, so men are without excuse to deny the Revelation we've been given.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If Jesus Christ was made up then all of history is made up,

Any book that claims to know history before 1,000 A.D. is a lie if Jesus is a lie,

The Manuscript evidence, the archaeological evidence and the extra-biblical evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Did you beat your head against the screen as you wrote that...

YES i did,trying to get through to you that one does requires proof, deal with it sweetheart..

Ohh by the way i am southern english and calling somone sweetheart or love is normal
And is not condesending...

English mods understand what i mean there with proof that it is not rude coming from
our toungues..

P.S wheres you're proof im waiting little lady..

edit on 25-12-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

My argument is that you are ignoring the obvious. There is no mathematical way that we are the only planet in the Universe that has intelligent life and I will go a step further...this is not even the only Universe so everything times 9 infinity....open your brain a little and quit denying ignorance...I noticed you did not answer my question...DO YOU HAVE PROOF for everything you believe to be true and based on fact? DING DING DING...NO you do not have proof of everything you believe, so you ignored my question for a reason.

OFF with his head

Failure to answer question 4 times is an impeachable offense and further proof that you are in denial.
edit on 12/25/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

If Jesus Christ was made up then all of history is made up,

Any book that claims to know history before 1,000 A.D. is a lie if Jesus is a lie,

The Manuscript evidence, the archaeological evidence and the extra-biblical evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

My point is this...if you believe anything that you were taught in any book of any kind you did so without proof, so believing we are not alone does not require proof.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So just answer one question for me...Have you been taught anything that you believe is fact without proof?

NO i see things for ...wait for it......myself your highness ...

NEXT?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If you want to limit life as we exist how do you know this exact situation hasn't occurred many times in our own galaxy, because you require proof?

Most of us are not trying to limit the idea of the existence of intelligent aliens, we are just saying it is not a mathematical certainty the intelligent ETs exist until we actually encounter these intelligent ETs

I believe they exist -- at least I'm 99.999999% sure they do. However, I won't be 100% sure until we encounter them.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So just answer one question for me...Have you been taught anything that you believe is fact without proof?

NO i see things for ...wait for it......myself your highness ...

NEXT?

Interesting, then you reside in England and all the history you have been taught about England you have proof?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

It's a statistical proof based on the fact of life here on earth (and the total number of stars), which as I pointed out a few posts up, requires either intelligent design (in which case the possibility of life elsewhere rises exponentially), or, if nothing but a random happenstance, as the atheists like to purport, a coincidence of such magnitude and proportion that a single galaxy might not be sufficient for such a thing to repeat itself. However, that there are almost as many galaxies as there are stars in our own galaxy increases the probability of a repeat earth-type scenario significantly, but even still it's not guaranteed, unless life is the ultimate purpose of creation and an evolving cosmos, in which case the universe is surely teeming with life, but life as we know and experience it may be another matter altogether (see earth-moon-sun unique cosmological configuration info for more).

What's amuzing here, to a degree, is that if the atheists are right that nothing but mere coincidence and random happenstance has given rise to life here on earth, then the probability of that repeating in almost precisely the same manner (right distance from sun, tilt, wobble, moon action) dwindles dramatically. If however, life on earth is the product of a cosmic intelligent design favoring life, then and only then does the contention made by the OP become valid!

How ironic.

edit on 25-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

We may be alone within our own galaxy. Why? Because of a very special and unique cosmological configuration in terms of our earth-moon-sun relationship, which if it was anything other than precisely the way it is, "life" if there was any on earth would be very very different that what we enjoy today. In fact, without the effect of our single giant moon, our precise distance from the sun and even the tilt and wobble (which is a result of the moon also), then we would not be having this conversation because if that were the case then this world would not be covered with liquid water. Life on earth is either by design or the result of the most astronomical of coincidences imaginable, even beyond imagination,.

So while I've thought and considered what you've presented for our consideration, upon further research I've discovered that life on earth as we experience it is by far more extraordinary and unique than I'd previously imagined.

Consider this question, for example: On how many worlds would it be possible for a ten fingered bipedal self aware sentient observer to look up and witness their single, giant moon, perfectly eclipse their sun?

Oh there may be other configurations with another type of dynamic equilibrium balancing (moon action) capable of sustaining life, but what we have here on earth is almost certainly a cosmologically unique configuration.

bump post.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

If you want to limit life as we exist how do you know this exact situation hasn't occurred many times in our own galaxy, because you require proof?

Most of us are not trying to limit the idea of the existence of intelligent aliens, we are just saying it is not a mathematical certainty the intelligent ETs exist until we actually encounter these intelligent ETs

I believe they exist -- at least I'm 99.999999% sure they do. However, I won't be 100% sure until we encounter them.

Exactly soylent , this is what many are trying to get through to this here little lady but
i think she is in denial and has deluded herself into thinking she can say anything exists without
proof of the actuall existance in itself go fugure?..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And you are just hung up on being right in relation to what amounts to an unknown unknown, while giving the little lady a hard time for her wonderful imagination and awe inspired wonder at God's creation.

Oh the irony!

Deny ignorance.

"No eye has seen nor ear heard nor the mind of man conceived, what God has in store for those who love him."
~ somewhere in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

NOO you are not getting it are you.....we need proof not "probabilities does that compute?
Look i don't want to get annoyed being christams and all but seriously probability is not
what people are arguing against...they are agrueing on the fact that you still require proof
there is no argument to argue against you lot are making yourselfs look very silly just saying
here..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I had never read a Bible and I was born and raised an Atheist,

I then encountered the Risen Christ Jesus and became a believer,

Don't just assume things without investigating

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Well I see...so your hung up on a percentage...You still didn't answer my question, aside from this, do you believe anything is 100% true without proof? Who is to say we have not encountered them many times where is the proof they do not exist? It is a mathematical certainty, the uncertainty is how many planets have life...even if it was .0001% of the existing galaxies that we have in this picture it would be more than one...I guarantee that without proof.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It's obvious God exists just by observing nature and thinking about humanity, the universe and evolution,

Then you have to question if God exists, has He revealed Himself?

Then take a look at all the manuscript evidence, archaeological evidence and circumstantial evidence for the Bible, and you can logically deduce the Bible is legit,

Or you can ask God for a sign, or to help you believe or show you the truth, and He might just do that.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

I had never read a Bible and I was born and raised an Atheist,

I then encountered the Risen Christ Jesus and became a believer,

Don't just assume things without investigating

You have been completely off topic in everyone of your post, the only reason I use religion is to point out that many people believe things without proof. Now perhaps you should go find a religion forum.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I find it somewhat strange that you have an easy time believing in something that you just assume exists with nothing else to go on but your own conjectures, as opposed to something that's been well attested to for multiple millennium and embraced by billions...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

And you are just hung up on being right in relation to what amounts to an unknown unknown, while giving the little lady a hard time for her wonderful imagination and awe inspired wonder at God's creation.

Oh the irony!

Deny ignorance.

Thank you thank you for saying the unkown now we are getting there finally..
That is what it is it's the unkown no one knows if life exists because we h--a-v-e-n-t found it yet..
Sure the probabilty is there no one is denying that what so ever sir/mam..

I am denying ignorance on the fact that you claim something as fact without no proof is
utterly ridiculous and cringy..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

NOO you are not getting it are you.....we need proof not "probabilities does that compute?
Look i don't want to get annoyed being christams and all but seriously probability is not
what people are arguing against...they are agrueing on the fact that you still require proof
there is no argument to argue against you lot are making yourselfs look very silly just saying
here..

I am not silly...you are
I am quite clear in my approach to this while you on the other hand seem intent to force me to believe you are the smartest person on the planet, sorry, that distinction goes to Phage in ATS...that being said...I do not require proof to believe 100% that we are not alone. If you continue to be ignorant that is your choice. DENY DENY DENY all you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join