It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your general theory?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some people need to believe in Aliens and UFOs just like others need to believe in God.

Both offer some small amount of proof, and both require faith, and a willingness to believe.

One is real, and the other fantasy. Which is a matter of perspective,

Both offer you the existence of superior beings with capabilities beyond anything in our human world. Neither have been proven to exist.

My theory?

We have been visited, from the future, our own future, not by aliens from other worlds.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There are no pyramids on Mars or the Moon. So far all pictures I have seen representing standing buildings were nothing more than either shadow plus light making craters or rocks look standing, rocks that indeed resemble many shapes and yet are just rocks.

I am sorry, for the disappointment this will bring in your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Do you believe there were images blurred out on the moon?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

No I do not, because I have observed the Moon myself with large telescopes including observatory telescopes and I saw nothing that suggests there could be anything more than craters, rocks, valleys of cooled down lava and space dust.

I am sorry, I do not believe 'structures on Mars/Moon' theories, especially when some ATS posters in the past have been trying to convince me they see Rats, Mermaids, Yeti on Mars or Egyptian Temple, when despite the resemblance, it has been rocks, and more rocks.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

You seem to know this connection between Satan and Aliens. Can you explain this to me? Are the Aliens demons and angels? Being raised Christian is is very hard to understand this concept. There is a Telepathic Link or some call the Hive, are you aware of this? In my opinion, this has been turned on as a war tactic. Other humans are so afraid to talk about this issue. Why would superior beings want to connect humans to each other?

Based on what has happen to me since Sept-2006- I was attacked and taken by Something from a Bridge in Charleston, West Virginia. I was put on another Bridge about 1 or 2 miles from where I was located. I was found walking around in shock. I was attempting to walk to a hotel from the Amtrak Station. I was en-route to a job in Piegan, Montana. I had worked very hard for 3 years to land this job. My intentions were to protect our border, stop human trafficking, and create a group of Federal Persons whom do nothing but look for missing persons. This was my correct life path- I knew what my objectives were.

Why would Satan himself or Aliens or whatever try so hard to make sure that I did not make it? Why would higher beings be so concerned about a country girl from the South. Before I left, I knew of all the evil issues that happen in this world and I was going to attempt to stop them. I really did not think anything about Aliens or their connection to Satan. I suppose I would have been considered a MEDIUM before I left. I came back to NC as a Telepathic. At first I did not understand what this ability was. In the beginning it tore my entire life apart, until I adapted.

My theory based on what has happen to me- The Earth was hit by Something while I was on Amtrak somewhere near Charlottesville, Virginia. I could feel something arrive! I had the most horrible feeling come over me. It felt like something ran right through me.

I had to return to NC, and the area had already been affected by whatever this supernatural issue is. There were others on this Telepathic Link. These other humans learned my name and began blaming me for this issue. They were already screwed up when I returned to NC. The others labeled me as Satan and then God. The others on link then began making up Games. They attempted to program me like a Robot, and used tactics from the Book of War. The worse thing they did to me was attempt to control my body functions. They would torture me to the point of where I would ask, may I use the bathroom. They were attempting to take control of me!! This did not work out for them. I am not a slave to anyone and never will be. The others have attempted to affect my work and college. There are many others on this link, and most attempt to be quite. Others on the link, maybe 10 or so talk 24 hours a day. The only break I get is when I am sleeping. There are other humans from all walks of life on this link. They have attempted to affect my childrens lives both at school and at work. My children will not talk about this issue. I have explained to them- if they are hearing anything to just ignore anything negative. These links somehow branch off, so I am not sure who is communicating. Some humans think this is Fun picking on me and my children. I do not think any of this is Fun. How many others in different States are being singled out and bullied? How many links are there? I feel like a human tape recorder walking around with no privacy. In my opinion, this is an Alien Ability that was not intended for Games. This link was created to bring other humans together so that they would come together and help each other in time of need. The Aliens seem to think as one and make decisions together as a collective one. Somehow what these foolish humans did by creating Games attracted Satan himself. The other humans used the Telepathic ability of the Aliens and combined it with powers of Satan to create Games.

It is my opinion that there are 75% Aliens that want to en-slave the human race in some manner. There are 25% Aliens that want to help the human race survive whatever is coming. This is all so low-key that you have to be connected to understand. Basically, they are attempting to en-slave us all in some manner. The end of the world issues are being played out in our heads. To some it may be like some soap opera or drama, not really accepting that this is real, and affects others lives. I have even researched to find some logical reason for this, and all I have came up with is HAARP in Alaska being used to send signals up in space and then they bounce back and hit our phone towers which send out some kind of signal that affects us humans and created something called Artificial Telepathy. If this is Government created they are playing around with the powers of GOD. Is this a method to being in New World Order? A control method being used for so-called Elite Agenda??
edit on 30-12-2012 by Apollo7 because: correction in spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by greyer
Do you believe there were images blurred out on the moon?

I know you were not talking to me, but I must say that I have seen thousands of photos of the Moon, from several missions, and I have never seen a blurred out photo.

I have seen some blurred out, some low quality, some clearly altered photos, but almost all were on private sites, most of them sites that say NASA alters the photos. extra DIV

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I must say that I have seen thousands of photos of the Moon, from several missions, and I have never seen a blurred out photo.

I have seen some blurred out, some low quality, some clearly altered photos, but almost all were on private sites, most of them sites that say NASA alters the photos.

Hey, believe it or not I have seen the supposed brushed out photos before they were brushed out. Early when they first came out on youtube, I don't know how it was there but I saw the same photos without the blurr on them.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Some people need to believe in Aliens and UFOs just like others need to believe in God.

Both offer some small amount of proof, and both require faith, and a willingness to believe.

One is real, and the other fantasy. Which is a matter of perspective,

Both offer you the existence of superior beings with capabilities beyond anything in our human world. Neither have been proven to exist.

My theory?

We have been visited, from the future, our own future, not by aliens from other worlds.

“Believe, faith, prove, theory”. What do these words mean? Let me suggest that NOTHING can be proven. Especially when it comes to historic events, including those that support or discredit religions and aliens.

“Knowledge”, to add one more word, is impossible when nothing can be proven. Your “faith” goes way beyond God or aliens. Do you have faith that the US government is telling the truth about 9/11?

Do you have faith that $1.5 trillion of bail-out and stimulus was spent in the best interest of the American people, even though very little information is available? Do you have faith that the private Federal Reserve, which cannot be audited, is acting in the best interest of the American people? $2.3 trillion was not accounted for according to Donald Rumsfeld? $9 trrillion of Federal Reserve spending is not accounted for? And I can go on and on.

Do you have faith in the US government when it says it was attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin? When it says it had nothing to do with an assassination of a foreign leader? Do you faith in what the US government controlled education system has been teaching us for decades? Do you have faith in what the media is presenting you as news? Do you have faith that there is gold in Fort Knox?

Do you have faith in a President who admits he belongs to a secret society, yet is unwilling to provide any information of his purpose or activity there?

ausername, what you are stating is an obsolete paradigm of “we cannot do anything other than believe what we are told”. In the age of Wikipedia and YouTube, ignorance is choice.

How? You get basic facts, e.g. on 9/11 buildings collapsed, then you study what makes a building collapse. Or e.g. in Baalbek are rocks that weigh 1000 tons, then you study what is required to quarry and properly place them. Make your own conclusion, your own theory, do not believe anybody who has a vested interest.

Give me basic facts that I can verify independently, and then logic conclusion that lead you to your theory. If you do not want to do the homework, it is your choice.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman
Do you have faith in a President who admits he belongs to a secret society, yet is unwilling to provide any information of his purpose or activity there?

ausername, what you are stating is an obsolete paradigm of “we cannot do anything other than believe what we are told”. In the age of Wikipedia and YouTube, ignorance is choice.

How? You get basic facts, e.g. on 9/11 buildings collapsed, then you study what makes a building collapse. Or e.g. in Baalbek are rocks that weigh 1000 tons, then you study what is required to quarry and properly place them. Make your own conclusion, your own theory, do not believe anybody who has a vested interest.

Give me basic facts that I can verify independently, and then logic conclusion that lead you to your theory. If you do not want to do the homework, it is your choice.

Same approach here. I'm more than disappointed that, in today's enlightened society, people will continue to simply *stop thinking* — that there's always the choice of ignorance. Surely there are cults and sheeple, but so few seem to recognize when others are USING INDEPENDENT REASONING to arrive at their positions.

WTF is so wrong with that?

[ also curious about which president you're talking about ]

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Don't take this as a personal attack.
First understand the origin of the word 'nonsense'. It comes from 'non' and 'sense'.

Does believing the world came into existence 5,000 years ago make any logical sense, when all evidence points otherwise?

Does believing that aliens interfered with the human genome make any logical sense, when there is no evidence at all supporting this supposition. What exactly did they interfere with? Which part? Why? When? What's even the point of this theory? What evidence exists for this?

As for my use of the word 'lady luck' I suggest you look up the neutral theory of evolution. Or you can simply look at massive extinction events during the history of the effort and explain to me how 90% plus of creatures were not unlucky to go extinct at the end of the Permian .

dsc.discovery.com... - Lady Unlucky perhaps?

As I said a bit of learning and book reading goes a long way.

edit on 31-12-2012 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
Would you care to go out on a limb and state your "beliefs" — your "Current Intellectual Understanding of Extraterrestrials" ?

I'm afraid I don't have much of an understanding at all...
I dont know whether there's life out there, but I do like to think so. Intelligent life? Well... if they're smart they should stay well away from us humans!

Have ETs visited earth? Don't know. I've never met anyone in person that claims they've seen an alien, nor an alien spaceship for that matter (UFOs doesn't mean spaceships, I myself have seen UFOs). Again, I would go back to the fact that if they're smart... and good... then they'd be wise to stay away. If they're evil little creatures I'm sure they could have some fun with us.

Only thing that tips me that slightly towards intelligent ETs existing (and visiting us in some way) is the incredible speed humans have seemed to advance the last few 100 years. We're smart... but are we really that smart? Then again, I still look at cell phones as pure magic. Hahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Hey, believe it or not I have seen the supposed brushed out photos before they were brushed out. Early when they first came out on youtube, I don't know how it was there but I saw the same photos without the blurr on them.

YouTube is not a valid source of NASA images, even when it's from NASA's own channel, as images are not the same as videos..

I was expecting that.
That image was made from many small photos taken by Clementine. The original photos were (and are) available at the time, but people prefer to look at a flawed mosaic than at the original photos.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

To me it's more like ancient politics between leaders of a superior species, that were vying for the loyalty of us humans. I think the participants were flesh and blood, not ethereal. I think there was a smear campaign against the defectors that stayed on this planet. I think, just like in the game of telephone, over time the story has been skewed and etherialized, and the names of the participants have morphed to represent good and evil. I think Satan, Lucifer, The Beast, The Nephilim, etc are names that represent a whole group of this superior species. These words should be pluralized.

I also don't think god, satan, et's or anything else interacts with us on a telepathic personal level, ala santa clause knows if you've been bad or good... I say that in the general sense. Who knows all that exists in the world? It may be possible for personal interactions to take place between some thing or things, but I personally don't hold the belief that this happens (or happens often).

In my opinion, god and satan, these were flesh and blood characters that were fighting a political battle as well as wars in order to be the leader. Like Obama vs Romney. I don't think they can or could affect you unless you were withing physical reach. Just like a wild animal can't hurt you unless you are in striking distance.

Of course there are many variables, and it's difficult, and actually not fair to try and encapsulate a very complex and constantly changing belief system, but there is a tiny tidbit of how I understand things at the present, that I think addresses your question. Well wishes to you

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

[ also curious about which president you're talking about ]

George W. Bush is a Skull and Bones (interview with Tim Russertt in 2004).
John Kerry, who was just appointed as Foreign Secretary, is also a Skull and Bones (also interviewed by Tim Russertt in 2004).

Obama is not known (to me) to be a member of any but his appointment of Kerry implies to me that this information has been protected out of foresight. Anybody can draw their own conclusion but my point is that membership goes across party lines. Therefore, I question if there is a real difference between the two parties. And I believe that they act in the best interest of their society, not the American people.

When they refuse to disclose any information about their society to the American people, it is clear which one comes first for them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I would have to go with 'Alien ant farm'
We are just an elaborate experiment.
Also intelligent design would be brought into this equation. Not from one God but from another race
of intelligent creatures (perhaps even based on them?)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I believe more in the theory that the Annunaki coming here and making humans, than the bible because i've always thought as a small child the bible could be a child's book for kids back then because all they did was farm and make vast folk tales, also the universe is too big for us to be the only life forms alive.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Absence of evidence of course, can never be mistaken by logical and intelligent beings as evidence of absence.

Originally posted by Harte

I find the above to be poorly thought out and exhibiting a sort of mental laziness that is quite common.

That is, is there any such thing as "evidence of absence?" If not, then why do teachers still take roll? If so, then how can absence of evidence not constitute evidence of absence?

You know, Sagan was being overtly sarcastic when he coined the phrase.

Harte
edit on 12/29/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Well, to follow on from your roll call analogy, if a teacher calls the roll, and a pupil is missing from the class room, that does not mean that they are not in school. It just means that at the time of the call, the pupil was unavailable to vouch for his or her presence. They could have been in the toilet, or in the nurses office after skinning a knee on the steps on the way in. They are in school, but not in the class room, meaning that for the purposes of a roll call (those being to ascertain the presence of pupils so that in the event of fire, or other disasters, the school can account for all persons on the premises) they are absent, but are physically present none the less.

The same could be said of possible alien intelligences. Just because we have no evidence for thier existence, or presence if you will, does not mean that they do not exist, and are not present. They have merely failed thus far to shout "Here" when called.
edit on 31-12-2012 by TrueBrit because: Adding quote and unquote

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Don't take this as a personal attack.
First understand the origin of the word 'nonsense'. It comes from 'non' and 'sense'.

Does believing the world came into existence 5,000 years ago make any logical sense, when all evidence points otherwise?

Does believing that aliens interfered with the human genome make any logical sense, when there is no evidence at all supporting this supposition. What exactly did they interfere with? Which part? Why? When? What's even the point of this theory? What evidence exists for this?

As for my use of the word 'lady luck' I suggest you look up the neutral theory of evolution. Or you can simply look at massive extinction events during the history of the effort and explain to me how 90% plus of creatures were not unlucky to go extinct at the end of the Permian .

dsc.discovery.com... - Lady Unlucky perhaps?

As I said a bit of learning and book reading goes a long way.

I have yet to find any supporting evidence in what you are saying. Instead, you keep on repeating something about 5000 years?

Because I am not reading YOUR book list you take issue with me? If you want to refute my argument, do it, with an argument here, not a baseless claim that I have not learned or read your book.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Absence of evidence of course, can never be mistaken by logical and intelligent beings as evidence of absence.

Originally posted by Harte

I find the above to be poorly thought out and exhibiting a sort of mental laziness that is quite common.

That is, is there any such thing as "evidence of absence?" If not, then why do teachers still take roll? If so, then how can absence of evidence not constitute evidence of absence?

You know, Sagan was being overtly sarcastic when he coined the phrase.

Harte
edit on 12/29/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Well, to follow on from your roll call analogy, if a teacher calls the roll, and a pupil is missing from the class room, that does not mean that they are not in school. It just means that at the time of the call, the pupil was unavailable to vouch for his or her presence. They could have been in the toilet, or in the nurses office after skinning a knee on the steps on the way in. They are in school, but not in the class room, meaning that for the purposes of a roll call (those being to ascertain the presence of pupils so that in the event of fire, or other disasters, the school can account for all persons on the premises) they are absent, but are physically present none the less.

So, if a child is not present, that is not evidence of absence?

You know "evidence" does not mean "proof."

Originally posted by TrueBritThe same could be said of possible alien intelligences. Just because we have no evidence for thier existence, or presence if you will, does not mean that they do not exist, and are not present. They have merely failed thus far to shout "Here" when called.

Speaking logically, it is impossible to "prove" that there are no extraterrestrials anywhere. However, the opposite is well within the provability margin. After all, we only have to find one, right?

However, the lack of extraterrestrials "on hand" most certainly IS evidence that there are no extraterrestrials here. Not "proof," mind you, but "evidence."

So, "Absence of evidence" is most certainly "evidence of absence." It's just not proof of absence.

Harte

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread..but it seems appropriate here too. A 1Hr, 45 min lecture on aliens/secret space program: www.youtube.com...#!

Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join