It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your general theory?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
My evidence: it's been said that if you leave any breed of dog to mate freely with any other breed of dog, even a Great Dane and a Chihuahua, within seven generations they will revert back to a dingo; a yellow-brown medium sized short haired dog with a curled up tail; the proof of this is seen in any poor country with a population of stray dogs, as well as in any large animal shelter in richer countries.
Even if there's real proof about that ("it's been said" is not proof or evidence), it's not unexpected, it's been know for a long time that some breeds (not just dogs) are not "favoured" by evolution, so, if they do not keep on forcing those breeds they will be extinct.

That's an example of evolution "saying": this variation doesn't work.

If humans and other animals are subject to the forces of evolution, why do we not 'de-evolutionize' in this way? After all, AKC dog breeds are evolution in fast-forward for certain traits. Why do humans not quickly revert back to some standard mean? Or have we and it's now called a 'sheeple'?)
Because that only happens (as far as I know) with forced breeding to make some characteristic stand out, like sheep with more wool, cows that give more milk or dogs that are better as lap dogs or attack dogs.

If humans are the result of natural evolution they will not "de-evolute".

PS: have you ever thought that it's the other way around, that what people call "ETs" today are, in reality, gods?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
from the OP first line... about my own general theory (ETs, UFOs)

Would you care to go out on a limb and state your "beliefs" — your "Current Intellectual Understanding of Extraterrestrials" ?

ETs are not frequent visitors to Earth... they may be present on icy comets in the form of bacteria and such.

the presistant visions of UFOs became ubiquitious after Marconi & the madess of saturating the atmosphere with Rasio waves.... wayyyy above the low intensity of the natural made radio spectrum of energy which existed for all the known history of civilization prior to man made, intense radio saturation

historically (pre man made radio transmissions) the UFOs seen by individuals or even groups
(RE: the Nuremberg war-in-the-heavens) were likely normal but rare influences of radio frequencies on the human brain/neurological system

after the invention of powerful radio transmitters the incidence of UFOs & the occupants has continued to increase

TV, Radio, cell phone repeater towers, ELF transmission for submarine communication, HAARP, Radar of all types, all contribute to a planet Buzzing with electromagnetic energy, which in turn affects our senses in ways not yet understood
edit on 29-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

So they want to eat something they can't digest and then suddenly transform.
Isn't that the same thing?

Is that what I said? Single celled creatures have no volition. They simply interact with their environment. If a random mutation allows them to interact with their environment in a new way, they will do so. If that mutation allows them to survive better, it may be passed on to their offspring, which will also have a better chance of surviving.

So how does this work, the bacteria are spending most of their time trying to eat things they can't digest hoping that one of their genes has been adapted to eat that specific material?

Of course not. If a bacteria has inherited a gene that will allow it to metabolize something new, it will begin to utilize it as a food source.

How do you think speciation occurs?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Another way to look at de-evolution, Darwin's concept is chance mutation with the fittest to survive. But statistically it would require billions of mutations until there is one that improves the survivability, if it is completely by chance. It seems to me that there must be another, guiding, force at play that helps mutations to be more often then not beneficial ones.

Aside from humans, does it make sense that people coming out of the ice age, with no technology such as wheels, or writing house building, decide to create new animals, to modify there traits for suitable for domestication such as pig and cattle, which can also be used to work in the field and to recycle sewage? I do no think we are able to do that today using genetic engineering. Yet they also did the same for crops, such as rice and wheat. Were they just lucky?
edit on 29-12-2012 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman
Another way to look at de-evolution, Darwin's concept is chance mutation with the fittest to survive. But statistically it would require billions of mutations until there is one that improves the survivability, if it is completely by chance. It seems to me that there must be another, guiding, force at play that helps mutations to be more often then not beneficial ones.
I think that's the best question about evolution.

I do no think we are able to do that today using genetic engineering. Yet they also did the same for crops, such as rice and wheat. Were they just lucky?
No, they were selective.
Imagine you see two trees, one with small fruits, the other with bigger, better fruits of the same variety. Which one would you choose to try to reproduce on your own backyard?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

What makes you believe they left? Why would they leave after they built something here?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My general theory is that human beings evolved through natural selection up to a point, but that there was interference by something that caused us to change. I think this "something" could very possibly have been extra-terrestrial influence, possibly through genetic engineering.
I reserve judgment on the specifics of these possible visitors, such as who they are, where they came from, where they are now, what their motives are/were, etc.

I also believe very firmly that the Earth has been visited by extra-terrestrials in modern times. My rationale for this is on the multitudes of reliable UFO reports, especially the Close Encounters. As well as, specifically, the Roswell UFO incident, Betty and Barney Hill's abduction, and the testimony of Bob Lazar.

In a nutshell: I think it's possible we were created in some manner by extra-terrestrials. I think we are also being visited by extra-terrestrials in modern times. I think the US government and likely other governments around the world are aware of this fact and are intentionally withholding this information from the public.

I remain open-minded but skeptical.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Damsel

Nice post. I could do without the nose ring though.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What makes you believe they left? Why would they leave after they built something here?

Because they were physically walking around and doing things in plain sight of the people that wrote about them. Then, after a time, they were not.

I think the original man makers left and never came back, though others have since come to visit. I have seen no written knowledge of why they left, maybe because they did not tell us. Or maybe those ancient writtings have just not been found yet.

While I agree there is a spiritual world around us that human eyesight cannot see, I cannot place those makers into that same non-physical nature.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My view over the UFO and possible Alien visitation has changed a lot since the beginning.

At first, I believed every crazy story and my mind was blown - especially about Dulce and Thomas Castello stories. I was further stunned by the Ancient Aliens theory and all it brings. With time, I started becoming skeptical of most if not nearly everything I've read, to the extent I barely believe anything.

In my current state, aiming to be objective, neither believing wild claims without a ground, nor being skeptical of things that could be, I can say from 50 TO 50, I am still more inclined to think there could be an alien coverup. I am now 55% for YES, there is, and 45% for now, or 60% Yes, 40% No, but I am not sure I am even there yet.

Based on lots I've read, and most importantly - staying away from any bias, that is not thinking this or that because someone on TV told me so, my personal evaluation is that:

Yes, there is a coverup and yes, that includes alien beings (no matter of dimensional or not, just their existence is being covered)

I am saying this with very big uncertainty - as I said 55% Yes, but to me it is just not making sense - so many sources independent of each other, to be claiming coverup. No matter how many lie, I am sure there are real cases of people being threatened, of people seeing things they were not supposed to see, and possibly - even a true alien encounter or meeting.

I do take this with a grain of salt as the word says, but there is just too many sources, too many witnesses, you cannot say that every single one, every single of the thousands of people to be lying... But when it's mixed with so many fake evidence, when the OPINION of everyone is so defined to everything being a lie, I do not see how anyone will even distinguish something real from fake if not witnessing it first hand. Which means, anyone for whom such thing is not first hand, will NEVER believe it... and there will be something true out there, but no one will notice it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Aside from humans, does it make sense that people coming out of the ice age, with no technology such as wheels, or writing house building, decide to create new animals, to modify there traits for suitable for domestication such as pig and cattle, which can also be used to work in the field and to recycle sewage? I do no think we are able to do that today using genetic engineering. Yet they also did the same for crops, such as rice and wheat. Were they just lucky?

Exactly my challenge too (of evolution theory). Remember that we're over 130 years from Darwin. There's been a lot of new, contrasting, and contradictory evidence since then. A lot of scientists have questioned Darwin.

Although don't forget also that "natural selection" for the human specie has some peculiar social-psychological twists. For example, I'm family-oriented, inherently attracted to beautiful women, and will act accordingly. Fiercely competitive guys cannot kill me to deter me.

Indeed, a highly directional evolutionary path that results in an abstract-thinking brain can only be attributed to pure luck (absolute random chance) if we apply any of the evolution theories, and there are several, many of which are contradictory in critical detail. I hesitate to recite flaws in evolution theory because most are religious. Read about Intelligent Design.

And while science agrees that there's nearly zero evolutionary change in humans for the last 20,000 years, there's growing evidence of Genome Deterioration and Human Brains Shrinking! Doesn't crazy science ever slow down!

So all this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you steadfastly grip and wield your favorite scientific theory as unquestionable godly mandate and dismiss every incoming question as silly religion and lack of study (as some others in these forums do).

In the end, the question is just, "how much longer can we humans stay lucky?"

This is, if we're here on Earth due to nothing but luck.
edit on 29-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well..this is what I think:

Aliens probably DID create man, a genetic engineering experiment, for purposes unknown.

They don't just visit us. I think they're here now, with full knowledge of many world govts, especially the US Govt.

I think there are dozens(at least) of alien species that have come to earth. Some to harm, some to help. I've never been abducted, but, I HAVE been contacted. Most recently was 2 days ago in the dream state.

Some humans are hybrid. I think that, when all is said and done, we'll find that(as many have said) that the bloodlines that secret socities are so obsessed with really are alien bloodlines. I think that the aliens themselves have been tracking these bloodlines as part of the "experiment". Those who have been abducted or contacted(like myself) are, most likely, hybrids who are being tracked.

Aliens(the good ones) use humans who are in a position to spread a message to the masses. they use them to spread messages of love, light, forgiveness, togetherness; the people who do this, as you may have noticed, are usually assassinated.

Much like the movie "They Live", some humans have joined up with the bad aliens for personal power and profit. the control mechanisms being used by major goverments(MK-ULTRA and so on) are part of this agenda.

We all watch movies like Star Wars and Star trek and think about how cool it would be to live in such a society. Such societies exist in this very galaxy, and we have been kept from knowing it.

The US Govt. has, today, ships capable of interplanetary travel, and near-light speed. I don't think we have warp drive yet.(our alien friends probably don't think we're ready for it).

The space program has been a cover for the REAL space program from the beginning. also, the technology we "have" is not what we really have. there are two sets: one for public consumption, and much more advanced tech for govt. and certain private corporation use only.

That's all I have for now

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The ET theory doesn't satisfy me. There are too many factors which make the ET theory less plausible.

My personal theory is that it involves something far, far more complex, more going in the direction of religion/spirituality and our "true" origin. Or maybe its a combination of these two.

There IS a relationship between humans and aliens...if one thing is for sure it's NOT some "random aliens" coming from distant planets to us. To find out about that relationship might be key to understand the entire phenomena.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

2) However, there is no accessible proof that any species has visited our planet, in any of the ages of man. There is circumstantial evidence, but I personally believe that one cannot take any of that into account unless it is backed by scientifically valid, and globally recognised, physical evidence. There exists, of that last and most important type of proof, not one valid jot so far. Absence of evidence of course, can never be mistaken by logical and intelligent beings as evidence of absence.

I find the above to be poorly thought out and exhibiting a sort of mental laziness that is quite common.

That is, is there any such thing as "evidence of absence?" If not, then why do teachers still take roll? If so, then how can absence of evidence not constitute evidence of absence?

You know, Sagan was being overtly sarcastic when he coined the phrase.

Harte
edit on 12/29/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Exactly my challenge too (of evolution theory).
Indeed, a highly directional evolutionary path that results in an abstract-thinking brain can only be attributed to pure luck (absolute random chance) if we apply any of the evolution theories, and there are several, many of which are contradictory in critical detail. I hesitate to recite because most are religious.

Darwin was a genius for his time, no doubt. Our scientific understanding should have advanced a little since then. But for some reason that does not seem to be used to update the conventional theory of evolution. (Why are scientists stuck there? Perhaps because there is no good scientific explanation that does not involve outside, ET, guidance?)

What I understand you are saying is that, unless we rely on religious beliefs, only luck can have caused man to evolve the way we did. Sorry if I miss your point.

The third possibility is aliens. However, if you like, the Bible does say exactly that, namely that "God" is like a potter and humans are the clay. It also says God decided to create helpers for the humans He created and sent animals for that purpose. He also created the Garden of Eden for us so we can do farming. For something written almost 2000 years ago I find that rather explicit.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Why are scientists stuck there? Perhaps because there is no good scientific explanation that does not involve outside, ET, guidance?

I think that's because there is no good scientific explanation. Involving "outside guidance", either from ETs or god(s) is no explanation, as neither have been scientifically proved to exist.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm not a scientist.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

Because they were physically walking around and doing things in plain sight of the people that wrote about them. Then, after a time, they were not.

I think the original man makers left and never came back, though others have since come to visit. I have seen no written knowledge of why they left, maybe because they did not tell us. Or maybe those ancient writtings have just not been found yet.

While I agree there is a spiritual world around us that human eyesight cannot see, I cannot place those makers into that same non-physical nature.

If a political party is declared illegal, they usually go underground, rather than to disappear. I am suggesting (at least the possibility) that they went literally and/or figuratively underground.

Why did they do that? Because the Rennaissance painters had gained the ability to depict events in rather accurate detail. (I can refer to many paintings that show in accurate detail UFO's with laser beams. This is beyond what can be interpreted as religious visions) This would cause the collapse of religion, governments and a refusal by people to obey our prison guards.

So they went underground or onto the ocean floor, cloaking themselves when they go in or out, and conducting "business" on the surface through secret societies.

The clue that got me hooked was the evidence about aliens and the denial and ridicule of such evidence by the conventional institutions of education and media. If such obvious evidence is consistently met with silence, ridicule or denial then there must be forces telling these institutions what is off limits. This requires a network of people. Secret societies provide that network and the many levels of secrecy useful for manipulating information.

If you look in the right places you can find traces of them left in modern times, UFO accounts by astronauts, in NASA footage, and more.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
5. Their purpose is simply that of "extending themselves" — or we might understand it as "planting seeds" or "expanding the common universal consciousness"

Merry Christmas, my beliefs in Jesus are different than the typical christian but they are probably right on. I think UFOs, magic, and Jesus are all in common. People say Jesus couldn't have known magic because he didn't use spells to create miracles - it is the same power whether you are set aside and chosen from God or you did it by another means. It is just logical, to think that there may have been another man besides Jesus who has done a miracle before on earth, that is just faith of more to our potential than we imagined. UFOs prove to us that magic exists, they try to say it is all technology, but I think they didn't want to tell us that greys are more miraculous than technology - they do things with their mind such as fly craft, morph into things, and what appears to be traveling through the world.

My opinion of the show ancient aliens has changed 180 degrees now, I am realizing that the show was scripted for television but it is a gradual release of information, probably what the freemasons knew for 100s of years, that we were visited. Hominids and neanderthals have been on earth for millions of years. but things started get interesting around 14,000 years ago after the last ice age when the flood was reported, reported that 'gods' came down and an earth civilization of giants was wiped out from the flood, and they made pyramids and rock formations all over earth which we look at today in confusion. I wouldn't have started to believe it but for the ancient aliens show because they keep showing ancient rock carvings of interesting beings along with passed down beliefs of being visited.

There may have been a gradual experimentation or an event as you suggest, but to me it doesn't account for the races. We have to see that humans are adaptive beings, up north they are white and blonde, in Africa they are black and so on. It just means these people were in the area for so long that they have morphed into a culture after 1,000s of years.

The visitation was most likely from the same type of aliens. The ancient nephilim may have come down from space, I say this because of the pyramids on mars. In China they kept the pyramids a secret and planted shrubbery on them. It turns out the Sphinx was a lion and the pyramids were built around the time of this ancient unknown civiliation displaying great knowledge of the stars and depicting men in space suits and UFOs in their ruins.

A team of daring Chinese researchers, digging into the ancient mysteries of the origin of their country, has come to the inescapable conclusion that an interstellar, supreme alien race used much of the northern and western Chinese regions as massive Earth bases. Hundreds of strange pyramids cover parts of China and former Tibet. The data has been kept secret mainly because the alien race...

rense.com...

Here Clifford Stone is stuttering while saying there is 57 alien species. He admits to having higher ups who either allow him to speak or tell him what to speak about. Following up on research you would only have 4 species of main ET - grey, mantis, reptilian, and humaniod. Of course not everyone looks identical, greys and reptilians can be short or tall and look different.

The overall purpose is partly a study for themselves and also to awaken us. Aliens know a lot more about earth and reality than we do so in a study to uncover it some of the things will be prevailed to us, others will set in our subconsciousness.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

As of now I am really impressed with James Padgett communicating to Jesus (starting in 1914)
Main points are:
1. Jesus's father is actually Joseph.
2. Jesus healed the sick etc. But Lazarus was not raised from the dead but the silver cord was not broken.
3. There is a pre existence with us as beings that lived before we are born. The LDS believe that as well., But being that there is so much deception and fraud with the book of mormon and the book of abraham. No DNA to back up the book of mormon and it's claim that Hebrews came from ancient Jerusalem. That Joseph Smith was arrested for glass looking and we are not told about that at church. Leaders of that church and not coming forth with the truth when their own leaders were finding it out such as B.H. Roberts etc.
4. Even Jesus states to James Padgett that Adam and Eve were "supposed" parents. Which adds to the theory I think and the original poster mentions that there could be beings that came here with higher intelligence and did DNA manipulation. Such as Adam's rib turned up as Eve. I think there is a echoing of dna manipulation in that statment.
5. In 1964 Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox had an encounter of martains (in my understanding. Both on the same day (april 24th) with what appears to be the same oval craft. (Please compare the two individuals by looking up on on youtube. Incredible similarities what I think deserve to be studied deeply. I think there is a civilization under the mars surface and that there is photographic evidence of a current civilization on or should I say under mars. I think Nasa is staying away from things like the tubes, bio -sprayer, pyramids, buildings etc. And staying in the desert (at least publicly).

Also check out Ernest Norman account "The Truth About Mars". I am not a unarian, but he claims the chinese race originated from a martian civilization thousands of years ago. Which I think effects how some of us got here.

There is so much more. That bio sparyer on mars needs to be checked out by everybody. It is a leak I think from Nasa that they are trying to bring things out but of course have to deny as well because they do not want to freak out the public.

Please forgive my spelling and grammar, I have to leave very quickly to do something important .

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Why are scientists stuck there? Perhaps because there is no good scientific explanation that does not involve outside, ET, guidance?

Involving "outside guidance", either from ETs or god(s) is no explanation, as neither have been scientifically proved to exist.

I also am not a scientist but my understanding is that science requires an observation, which is followed by a theory that attempts to explain the observed phenomenon.

Without trying to split hairs, I would go as far as to say that there is no such thing as scientific proof. There are always theories, and they only remain valid until an example has been found that disproves the theory. Doctors and lawyers do not have "knowledge" they have opinions (which other doctors may disagree with).

If there are phenomena that have no theory (that is, accepted theory by whatever standard that may be applied) and someone describes a theory which presumes aliens and this theory explains everything that is observed without contradiction, then this would be the prevailing accepted theory.

"everything observed" would include facts about the known or likely number of habitable planets, potential technologies necessary for transportation, etc.

I see a difference with God because the likelihood of His existence cannot be quantified. If He exists, the likelihood of His interference in earthly events cannot be quantified.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join