It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your general theory?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by FinalCountdown

That's why we have optical illusions.

Then maybe they're not

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
... I can only say that if you have a "general theory" in the first place then you need to look harder at this subject, it's way too varied to generalize.

I totally disagree.

Just like any free nation has a Constitution (or Charter or equivalent), any incorporated city has a General Plan, any viable business has a Business Plan — having a general theory about any endeavor is fundamentally important. It doesn't have to be unchanging. It can evolve. It provides vital groundwork, purpose, maybe even direction.

In other words, without a general theory of what these things are, you're just blowing in the wind at every turn.

And I'm not talking about preconceived notions either. It's basic psychology. At worst it's subliminal, and you just feel it. In science there are theories. In theology there are stories of creation. In investigations, it's the working hypotheses. You can change it, but you always need a horse before the cart.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

4. They (some of the aliens) have always been here and will continue to hang around

Probably this id say.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Pete: Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ulysses: Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Pete: Suits me. I'm voting for yours truly.

Ulysses: Well I'm voting for yours truly too.

Delmar: Okay... I'm with you fellas.

I like the thread OP. Lots of good ideas floating around. We all know none are provable so i will throw one out there that i have not seen. It however does not mean i believe it to be true. It is just a scenario to play with.

Earth is billions of years old. It is possibl that civilization could be millions of years old. It could have far surpassed us in technology. They could have left to the stars to avoid a planet wide destruction and populated another planet. We could be the remnants of those early civilizations. Barely surviving one catastrophy after another until we finally got a break and evolved to what we are today. Possibly we ( the original we ) returned and repaired some DNA damage from our near extinctions. Possibly we are still babysitting our technologically inferior selves.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

I know what you mean.

I guess I'm going for, like I stated, people who think all UFO's are (eg) us from the future etc.

I suppose you could have a encompassing idea of this subject, however, what if for example some UFO's are dimensional weirdos phasing into our reality to suck calves dry of their blood for god knows what, whilst others are actually space-warping nuts and bolts ET's on a visit to take a look at the cacophonous biology on this jewel of a planet? But the only thing that connects these two examples are that they are unknown to humans...or is it?

It bugs me when I hear somebody proclaim that all UFO's are Nazi tech developed post war by the US for example.

Me personally, my 'general theory' is why does there have to be a general theory.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We're it. Most of what you see is us. We're as likely to run across them as the other way.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Hi and Merry Christmas to you all.
I believe it's possible that they created us as some kind of an experiment. I think they left us here and studied us from a distance, some must have been left behind to look after us and some are still here. When we didn't evolve as they hoped we would the others came back and gave us an upgrade, this might be when we got the gift of speech. It's probably when religion was born as we would have thought the aliens were gods.

I agree there are more than one race of aliens and I suspect some might just be studying us while others might want to enslave us or worse. I'm sure there is a breeding program going on so yes they might be extending themselves.

I suspect they have our scientists working for them as three cloned babies have been born, so I wonder if they are part alien. Some of what I said in this post I know to be true the rest is just what I think could be true.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

These Reptilian Hominoids have never really left our "area" and most likely have bases in the hollow Earth and the hollow Moon.

Another advanced race of hominoids advanced and soon left Earth as well. These hominoids are mammals and came from the civilization of Atlantis. These beings have also remained close to Earth.

Too bad there are no remnants of an advanced civilization in the archaeological record, that and there is nothing to support a hollow Earth model...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't really have a theory, I have questions.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

1. Ancient extraterrestrials came to Earth and mixed their genetic material with ancient terrestrial creatures, altering the evolution of many species
2. The primate line had the biggest impact, and extraterrestrials continued to experiment and intermix with hominids, even in early stages of human civilization

I like how the movie Prometheus had a take on the seeding idea. Dissolving one of their own at the begin to seed the planet. Was a pretty cool Hollywood concept.

This threads in Skunkworks right? Since we're just having fun, one idea that I would like to think is a possibility is a far advanced race seeding the galaxy with rogue asteroids. Maybe their race was facing extinction? Maybe they had a cataclysmic event and knowing they were about to be extinguished, with enough technology to send out/redirect thousands/millions of asteroids carrying genetic material to seed other planets.

This would explain why some creator race never came back to check up on their little science experiment. Even though this is out there, and completely science fiction (as we don't have anything to support it) I think it is an interesting idea, since given the way we are, it's very likely we might do the same thing under the same circumstances.

ie. Look how we stock seed supplies in bunkers, maintain written and digital works in reenforced places in case the unthinkable happens. We have an inherent want to keep ourselves and our record alive no matter the cost. (Even when we're being irresponsibly destructive. I could see a race of aliens that didn't have the means to evacuate the entire planet, but had the means to launch seed pods by say a local asteroid belt close by, doing this just to ensure their genetic material carries on.

3. There's more than one extraterrestrial "race of beings" visiting Earth, some of whom are more recent visitors than others
4. They (some of the aliens) have always been here and will continue to hang around
5. Their purpose is simply that of "extending themselves" — or we might understand it as "planting seeds" or "expanding the common universal consciousness"

Can't really comment on this one. There are too many whistle blowers, too many loud mouthed people, that such a feat to keep something like this secret, would be near impossible in my mind. Again, makes for good science fiction though.

These concepts of mine are not absolutely conclusive or "written in stone" in my belief system. Instead, I'm just trying to put together parts and pieces into a comprehensive theory. It helps me to establish the groundwork to understanding aliens and UFOs. These concepts are what turned it for me.
Comments and suggestions? Questions? What are some of YOUR theories? (for comparison or contrast)

What I stated in the top of my post is an idea I kick around sometimes. But without any evidence to back these ideas they are just that... Something for fun on weekends with a couple of beers, a loose imagination and if you're fortunate enough to put some prose together, maybe a half decent story for the kids to read in a couple of years when they're interested.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok here goes,this isn't my area of expertise but one that I find interesting to ponder.

First of all,I have always thought it made perfect sense,even as a kid,that the size of the universe and the countless stars and planets out there then there will be life elsewhere.
I expect that once we start really looking we'll find life in abundance out there though mostly simple life close to home.

With all the potential planets out there there will be numerous examples where it's been peaceful and stable long enough for sentient beings to have evolved,many much earlier than our own.

But I think these ideas are a given,few with an even partially open mind could muster much of an argument against it that wasn't humancentric and god fearing.

That said I'm not convinced these other beings,even the advanced ones have ever come here.

I think a lot of the stand out UFO cases;Roswell,Large Triangles etc,etc are created and stoked for disinformation purposes.Not because they President has a hotline to ET but because the few cases where clearly there seems to be technology far in advance of our own have got the governments best men rattled and unsure what their dealing with.

Now bearing mind I've said I don't believe ET has set foot on our planet what is it then.

Interdimensional then ??

Mm,it's a tempting and handy hypothesis but to my mind it's theoretically possible yet it still smacks of the metaphysical rather than physics.Quantum physics has been latched onto like a new faith and people hear of entanglement,double slit experiment means observer meme has become the route to conciousness directly effects reality.

Mm well doing the double slit with a blind man,on cam or with sensors has shown that it isnt conciousness that causing the effect though what is still needs to be wholly demonstrated.

Putting quantum infront of all types of sciences or phenomena has become a very new age approach to anything goes,it's become the modern form of magic but people swallow it cos it's quantum making it real.

Yes there's a lot of quantum physics that seems almost magical in it's behaviour but thats because we still don't truly understand it yet,we're not ready to start applying what we don't fundamentantally understand.Though I know fine I'll be told I'm wrong can anyone demonstrate the reality of it not just spout theory.

Anyway,i digress.I'm not saying its not possible but I'm not sold on interdimensional travellers being the origin.

I like the idea of USOs and that this is their home same as ours.Maybe another much older form of human.Maybe Atlantis didnt sink,it submerged.

Maybe our governments do know but can't admit their powerless.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It could be way more prosaic. Here's my take on that story.

You've got your progenitor race. They're one of the first to evolve. They get FTL drive, and start catting around, exploring, having a fine time. EeepOrK8 takes the 75th soil sample on #3455b, scratches his 3rd armpit, decides "# it" and uses a nice rock for a toilet seat.

And thus the human race was born.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by boncho

It could be way more prosaic. Here's my take on that story.

You've got your progenitor race. They're one of the first to evolve. They get FTL drive, and start catting around, exploring, having a fine time. EeepOrK8 takes the 75th soil sample on #3455b, scratches his 3rd armpit, decides "# it" and uses a nice rock for a toilet seat.

And thus the human race was born.

Yeah but somewhere along the line, some ape is gonna try and be cheap about it.
Then we have what we have now...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Bigfoot is an Avatar like in the movie...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
they we're a PART of human history. but not the progenitor.
they're here now and some of them walk among us as hybrids.
they're interested in human biology/reproduction.
they don't care/indifferent to our feels, opinions, culture, free will.
they're up to something sinister.
bio-machines from another "dimension"
they have forgotten who they in the process of coming to this world.

edit on 25-12-2012 by notkmarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My current working notion of UFOs and aliens (the real stuff, and not the black projects or hoaxes or delusions) is that they probably represent a manifestation of the way human beings perceive, interact with, define and create reality. We're "programmed" to see and interact with these things in the same way we're programmed to whistle a tune or to see two dots with a line underneath them as a face. In a sense, they're "natural" phenomena, like rainbows or the speed of sound. And we only understand them within a certain extremely limited framework of reality.

The unfortunate part is that we may not have enough or the right kind of intelligence to ever really understand what we're perceiving. I've often used the example of a cat's understanding of taxes. To us, with our level and type of intelligence, taxes are a real thing that exists. But it is completely incomprehensible to a cat. So the question becomes, if our intelligence was different or higher, would we be able to understand these UFO and alien things that we only catch glimpses of in our current reality? Hard to tell. We can't be smarter than we are. Maybe someday we'll build a machine that can perceive and understand the complexity of interactions between multiple dimensions and states of reality/virtuality. We're clever like that. Hopefully, the machine will be able to "dumb it down" for us to comprehend.

But for now, we're stuck. Even for our most brilliant minds, all the sightings and evidence and stories and interactions with this stuff since 1945 or so currently add up to nothing. Which suggests to me that the problem is not with the evidence, but with the limitations of our own consciousness and intelligence. And we'll never get an answer, because we wouldn't understand it if we did.

edit on 25-12-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
So far someone left out the Home part. For me this is not home, it's always been that way even as a child. How that feeling came about I just don't know.

Since there is alot about man we still do not know today, even things unearth from the past has questioned what we were taught in school! What if this is just a classroom? Since we have been wondering what is life and how life came into being, some would say only humans have a being yet leave out the simple fly.

Goes with everything else that is alive yet we say we are the better enlighenones so to speak. Just because we are at the top of the food chain does not mean it will be that way forever! Even this Planet has had some weird stuff happen to it and we go about trying to explain it away.

UFO's are just a small part of the idea that in no way we are the only ones out here alive! So they might have messed with our DNA, are we not doing it now? We are even messing with things; like black holes that one wrong move could wipe everything out in a second!

What we should know is either hidden or covered up and while growing up you learn the crap they want you to believe in. Other then the basics, everything is a lie! Since you can not hide the face on Mars, just how did it get there?

Somehow I think Man has been there and beyond. Or came from out there to Earth, possible since there was another planet between Mars and Jupiter. One Planet blew up and Mars looks like it had a war on the face of its Planet! Even on Earth there are places of great wars, 10's of thousanes of years ago unexplained!

Bulidings buried both in water and dirt, even whole citys just gone in a day and some who stand today built even better then what we could even build today. Explain this?

I would like to say we are here to learn something so important that we have been given a chance so many time to learn, it has to be so great a lession to us that someone outside our belief system to risk another Planet in distruction!

Somewhat far out there to even concider, since even our small concept of God and what we all think of God is really just a very small concept. Since even in the past the Hand Of God has been shown to have passed 4/5 times already! Who's to say it was mans hand who wiped out almost everything and is about to do it again?

I would like to think that some aliens flying by stopped and said " What the Hell are they DOING?' Maybe some Law that they can't interfere, opps sorry to have shot you down so lets use what we got and build more War toys!
46yrs ago there was no computer and now we have super ones!

At least it's good to know were not alone, never was and someday we might get to learn something far better. Then theirs always the dark side of it too!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
Maybe our governments do know but can't admit their powerless.

I always say that there are only two things that the government really wants to keep secret. What it knows, and what it doesn't know. But given that the government (army) tends to use the things it develops, and that there's a pretty clear progression of development in how wars have been fought without any freakish, unaccountable leaps ahead (we still fight wars with men walking around carrying weapons, just like we did 5,000 years ago), I'd say that the government has no useful knowledge of UFOs and aliens. If they did, they'd use it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I am a lot like the OP on these subjects.

First, I believe that we are all part of God. But, I think that we were created by space traveling extraterrestrials. I believe that they have never really left. They have bases on earth, along with nearby planets, moons and asteroids. I think there multiple races. Some we resemble, or share a common heritage genetically, many we do not.

We are finally starting to rise to the level of technology and consciousness where we can understand what is going on.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

These Reptilian Hominoids have never really left our "area" and most likely have bases in the hollow Earth and the hollow Moon.

Another advanced race of hominoids advanced and soon left Earth as well. These hominoids are mammals and came from the civilization of Atlantis. These beings have also remained close to Earth.

Too bad there are no remnants of an advanced civilization in the archaeological record, that and there is nothing to support a hollow Earth model...

Archaeology wouldn't go back far enough to describe what I'm talking about.
Very few if any artifacts would have survived something this old.

Fossils yes, but artifacts, no.

Most of the fossils we find are all from earth changes that caught the animal off guard and preserved them "in action". I say most, but not all.

If our own civilization keeps evolving as it is, then in a thousand years we won't have the need for most of the "things" we have now.

We will be able to "travel" without leaving our mind. I doubt one day we will even have bodies anymore.

Once we can just have our brains, surviving off of some kind of ocean of free energy, we can just exist.
Without time, without ego, without "things". We will all be one. And maybe then we can "build" artificial life to go to the depths of space and gather info for us.

The only reason we have eyes, ears, arms, legs, hands, organs, etc, is to keep our brain alive.
We keep our brain (which is everything) alive by finding food that our body digests and turns into energy to feed the brain. We build structures to keep us to of the weather and make a nice safe place for our "brain" to lay down and sleep. It's all about our brains and keeping them "alive".

One day
edit on 25-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join