It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your general theory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Would you care to go out on a limb and state your "beliefs" — your "Current Intellectual Understanding of Extraterrestrials" ?

This week in December, after all, is the purported Birth of the Son of God according to some religions (and hence the traditional Christmas celebrations), so it's somewhat fitting to do some reflective thinking.

For me, in all soberness, I believe that:

1. Ancient extraterrestrials came to Earth and mixed their genetic material with ancient terrestrial creatures, altering the evolution of many species

2. The primate line had the biggest impact, and extraterrestrials continued to experiment and intermix with hominids, even in early stages of human civilization

3. There's more than one extraterrestrial "race of beings" visiting Earth, some of whom are more recent visitors than others

4. They (some of the aliens) have always been here and will continue to hang around

5. Their purpose is simply that of "extending themselves" — or we might understand it as "planting seeds" or "expanding the common universal consciousness"

These concepts of mine are not absolutely conclusive or "written in stone" in my belief system. Instead, I'm just trying to put together parts and pieces into a comprehensive theory. It helps me to establish the groundwork to understanding aliens and UFOs. These concepts are what turned it for me.

Comments and suggestions? Questions? What are some of YOUR theories? (for comparison or contrast)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hominoids evolved from the dinosaurs, who lasted millions of years longer than we have yet.
These Hominoids successfully left the planet before the great cataclysm that destroyed life on Earth occurred.

These Reptilian Hominoids have never really left our "area" and most likely have bases in the hollow Earth and the hollow Moon.

Another advanced race of hominoids advanced and soon left Earth as well. These hominoids are mammals and came from the civilization of Atlantis. These beings have also remained close to Earth.

Our civilization has been influenced since our earliest "tribes" emerged from the "beginning".
Every ancient scripture from our earliest members all tell of what seems to be "extraterrestrial" encounters.

We are not alone and we have never been alone.
edit on 24-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Though I do believe that alien life forms do exist and in many forms that may certainly be more 'intelligent' than humans, I do not believe they have ever been in contact with us. Nor are they responsible for us being here.

By means of evolution, starting with that of chemical building blocks becoming more and more diverse and complex.. eventually leading towards what is to be considered life.

Those alien races that are our equivalent, or beyond... I would argue must share similar physiological structures with humans. This is based on the notion that it is humanities very social interaction has lead us to evolve consciously to what we are. Cognitively speaking, I would think that there are many different species through out the universe.

Being that humans have only been around for such a short period of time, and the possibility of our very planet allowing for extinction level events to occur so often. It is my opinion that many life forms have risen, but not been allowed sufficient time to become our equivalence.

I would also argue that in order for an alien species to have evolved to the point of interstellar travel, or even the ability to reach the heavens.... That they ultimately would share much of what is the design humanity is based on, our DNA. It is also my opinion that there is a limited verity of genetic sequences and/or orientations in which would imply that the possibility of another human race manifesting throughout the universe is highly likely.

a couple other key aspects
The rise to intelligence superior to ours requires an evolution in which implies a stage that is identical to the very one that humanity is currently in.

There's only one way to pass on certain types of knowledge, that being communication between species. To which a language much emerge.

It's not possible, that with in one life time... that any given being would be able to achieve advanced technologies on its own. Also, as a survival technique that predates any such technological abilities, a sense of family must be adopted.

I guess what I'm trying to say....

Is that they are not much different than us... with a VERY STRONG possibility that there is next to no difference at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My current belief is something like this.

the Anunaki came here, created us from a mixture of their DNA and some terrestrial hominid's. They created civilized societies and set up kingships. There was some type of rebellion in the Anunaki ranks resulting in a mutiny, and events like the tower of babel occurred... Signifying the defiance of God, the Anunaki fleet.

The loyal Anunaki fleet left earth temporarily, and the mutineers/Nephilim/Lucifers stayed behind with the wives they had made out of the daughters of men (much like the story The Mutiny On The Bounty).

The mutineers/Nephilim/Lucifers are running the show here now, on earth, but the Anunnaki have warned and promised to come back and reclaim their property (earth) and to destroy the AWOL Nephilim/Lucifers. There will be an epic battle and the Anunnaki will kill all the Nephilim/Lucifers and most, if not all of us. I assume the Anunaki will win the battle (Armageddon?) because I believe they are returning with more resources, and that they are much more advanced...

The Anunaki will re-inhabbit earth and re-enslave mankind (or reclaim ownership of us slaves from our current overlords, the Nephilim. Which is the same, collectively as Lucifer, Satan, The Beast, and all other names concerning our evil masters).

Anyway, we are currently slaves to the Nephilim. So we will remain slaves. Old boss, meet the new boss, meet the old boss...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Aliens" and "UFOs" are humans from the future. that's it in a nutshell.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
"Aliens" and "UFOs" are humans from the future. that's it in a nutshell.

Well, that been my going theory as well so what he said ^.

My #2 hypothesis is a spin on this, ufos are a form of self aware tech from the future trying to study its past and see who its creators are.
edit on 24-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
... the possibility of another human race manifesting throughout the universe is highly likely.

Thanks for your reply. But...

The problem I have with your theory, which is also what kept me fundamentally skeptical for the longest time, is why would a bipedal, top-brained, upright, configuration like that of humans be so universal in other star systems? It cannot be. Why not a winged, gilled, concentrically-bodied, multi-limbed, exo-skeleton, unilateral blob with multiple internally located brains be more dominant? Or some kind of plasma-energy life form? There's no universal physical law that dictates bi-pedals have natural superiority or longevity. In fact, it might be a hindrance in mobility except for the creative machinery concocted by same upright creatures.

And coupled with the short evolutionary history of homo sapiens, it makes more sense that hominids are the product of similar bipedal, top-brained, upright creatures. They just happen to have even larger brains, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

These concepts of mine are not absolutely conclusive or "written in stone" in my belief system.
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Right. It's okay to ponder such things for fun. I have a theory that, since the universe is supposedly 14 billion years old, there is no reason why a species couldn't have reached sentience just a million years before life formed on this planet. That's a million years of accumulating knowledge, and just look at what we've accomplished in just a couple thousand years.

So, at the very least, we can say that it isn't illogical to think that one of these super-intelligent races seeded our planet with life.

DID it happen? I have no idea, but I don't find it impossible.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My understanding of things, as they specifically relate to the subject of extra terrestrial life, intelligence, and visitation is as follows.

1) I believe that it is mathematically impossible for our species to be the only intelligent on in the universe. Also, there can be no question that complex, but not classically intelligent life, is also prevalent in the universe. One only has to observe the number of lifeforms that have come to light living in hostile environs on our own planet, to realise that there are many more locations, in our own solar system even, in which life could take root, than we used to know of.

2) However, there is no accessible proof that any species has visited our planet, in any of the ages of man. There is circumstantial evidence, but I personally believe that one cannot take any of that into account unless it is backed by scientifically valid, and globally recognised, physical evidence. There exists, of that last and most important type of proof, not one valid jot so far. Absence of evidence of course, can never be mistaken by logical and intelligent beings as evidence of absence.

3) The UFO subject offers the enquiring mind, myriad routes for investigation, modes of thinking, and promotes (if properly understood) a deeper understanding of science and technology. However, there are things abroad in the wider community of people interested in these subjects, which concern me. Alex Collier, and Steven Greer for instance, both promote themselves as being in touch with alien life forms, and even consider themselves qualified to comment on the POLITICAL situation in the galaxy as a whole. This manner of intellectual fraud is anathemic to me. They cannot prove a single word of what they are saying in a rigorous and logical manner, qualifying one statement gained by illegitimate means, with another. This is neither science, nor valid, and yet is prevalent amongst some sectors of the UFO interested community, and MUST BE STOPPED. It is a cancer, a growth, a boil on the arse of the subject as a whole.

4) In summary, my attitude toward the subject is that BELIEF is not welcome where UFOlogy is concerned. Faith is not required, nor any other even vaguely religiously useful psychological or spiritual terminology. What is required is a keen, scientifically informed, and logical mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

These concepts of mine are not absolutely conclusive or "written in stone" in my belief system. Instead, I'm just trying to put together parts and pieces into a comprehensive theory. It helps me to establish the groundwork to understanding aliens and UFOs. These concepts are what turned it for me.
My sentiments exactly. My understandings and beliefs are constantly evolving and changing with new info and epiphanies.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My "Current Intellectual Understanding of Extraterrestrials" is that, if they exist, the most likely is that they are not related to us and had a parallel evolution in their planet of origin.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The evidence seems to indicate that something is going on, despite the muddying of the issue by charlatans, etc., since there are plenty of good multimode, mulitwitness cases plus physical traces and the U.S. government is still withholding the 35-mm cinetheodolite footage from Project Twinkle, not to mention gun-camera film. And even some hard-nosed but knowledgable skeptics will stipulate to there sometimes being strange things seen in the sky, while denying the notion that they are under intelligent control.

But since I'm working on a camera-control system to automatically zoom in on and capture in high-parallax 3D video complete with tracking data any such object if and when it appears over an alleged UFO hotspot, I want to try to be neutral and see what happens, but if it actually is a natural phenomenon such as ball lightning, it's certainly not going to favor a location assumed to be of interest to intelligent beings from Zeta Reticuli, the future, another dimension, the oceans (how would anyone develop metallurgy underwater?), hollow this, hollow that, or wherever, in which case the cameras can scan for years and catch nothing. We'll see.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think it's possible that "some" of what we call ET evolved on our planet or a nearby one, and elected to not interfere with our own development. In this regard, I think they became far more interested in us once we developed the ability to permanently foul the planet.

I think it's possible that others -- perhaps interdimensional or from distant places arrived here and have fostered many of our religious and cultural beliefs. Curiously, I also don't find a conflict between conventional religion(s) and this view, as I see them as describing similar circumstances/phenomena with different language.

Imagine that humanity travels to a distant planet and finds an emerging sentient organism. Do we wipe it out? No, of course not. We study it, and perhaps eventually schedule study trips and cruises to observe the creatures. Eventually, we have to come clean with them and let them know what we are and where we are from, but not until they demonstrate that they're worth the effort, because once we directly interact with them, we're partially responsible for their evolution. I think that's what's happening right now with us, here on Earth.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Thanks for your thread, always an interesting topic to discuss. I just posted in another thread regarding the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe........

It's possible! The universe is approximately 13.7 billion years old. The earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old. We really don't know, but there are approximately billions of other planets in countless solar systems. We just don't know.

With that said, we have absolutely no tangible, physical proof that life exists anywhere else! It would seem incredible that life of some form does not exist somewhere in the universe?

Unfortunately, I doubt during our generation, just like the thousands before us, that we will ever find life elsewhere! Intelligent or otherwise.

It's possible, you would think so, makes sense, hope we are not alone Since man has walked on earth, we have had the uncontrollable urge to look toward the stars, looking, searching, speculating. The facts remain, we have found no sign of the existence of life beyond the earth to date.

And as much as we may wish to believe that we have been contacted already, as far as I know, we have absolutely no tangible, physical proof of such contact. I know, I know, I know.....Ancient Aliens and all of the others......very interesting, provocative, but just questions and speculation, conjecture.

I'm sure I will be beaten to death over my observations, but if you're honest, and live in reality, we just don't know and in 'our' lifetime, we will probably never know.

Now, how about us? As the human species. I've held long term beliefs that we were created by a Higher Power, an Almighty God. However, now, after reading and trying to understand the many theories of our existence, I come back to my original conclusion. The magnificence, the absolute wonder of earth, and the millions of organic species here today, and before, makes me believe or have faith that some Unknown, Greater Power, God if you will, had a hand in All of its' creation!! I think that is reasonable, and we are all entitled to our beliefs, which no one has absolute proof in proving that theirs is in fact the truth!!

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year!!!

Peace my friends. Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
But since I'm working on a camera-control system to automatically zoom in on and capture in high-parallax 3D video complete with tracking data any such object if and when it appears over an alleged UFO hotspot, I want to try to be neutral and see what happens...

Funny you should mention it.

I've been thinking of a video device that serves a similar purpose. I envision something like a miniature domed observatory, maybe less than a couple foot (half a meter) diameter. The dome would protect it from the elements as it sits outdoors. It would rotate and open towards one sector of the sky. The user has to decide which direction to aim it on any particular day or night. It would have sensors to detect moving objects, then the main video camera would robotically train in, focus, and follow the path of the detected flying object.

Video recording would then occur automatically like a surveillance system. Add internet connectivity for streaming upload and remote viewing. Produce it at a reasonable price, and you could turn it into a business!

People buying these things would set them up in their backyards strategically aimed to capture UFOs.

Argggh. But I digress...

edit on 24-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree with everything stated in your first post, but I would add that the genetic engineering is continuing, and that instead of real-time interbreeding that we are about to see the hybrids revealed in one awesome mega-event in the near future.

ALL of this is laid out in exquisite detail in a revelation called The Urantia Book.

See: www.scribd.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think our human computer brain, with our eyes are far more advanced than any camera we can make.
We pick up on dimensional data and "see" this with an eye that is inherently human.

Perhaps our pineal gland "sees" the things that make up the stories we have heard over millennium?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

That's why we have optical illusions.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thing is there are so many divergent theories concerning extraterrestrials that having your own, unless you happen to have first hand experience with ET's or ED's, is really about which experts or authors in this field you happen to agree with.

For the 'they are us come back from the future' theory, well, this may explain a small percentage of cases but certainly not all. Same goes for the 'Greys' and their supposed abduction/genetic harvest program. Or the 'Nazi UFO' theories, they cannot account for the diverse and wide ranging sightings and experiences witnesses have reported.

Having casually studied the UFO subject on and off since I was a child, I can only say that if you have a "general theory" in the first place then you need to look harder at this subject, it's way too varied to generalize.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I've figured out how to make it a lot cheaper for the user, since my system uses two PTZ CCTV cameras originally priced at $1,299 that now go for less than $50 on eBay or secondhand shops. The key, though, is the software of my own making, which is free, that analyzes the input from two cameras set at least 20 meters apart then adjusts their aim if necessary, zooms them, and starts recording. My signature below links to a thread with more details.

Many PTZ security cameras are set in mounts with polycarbonate domes. There are also many domed mounts on the market for cameras. Sony's domed mount for the camera model used in my system, however, is outrageously overpriced, and all others I've seen are too small.

PTZ: pan/tilt/zoom

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join