It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria activists: Several die after Assad's forces use 'poisonous gases'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

CAIRO -- Several Syrians have died after inhaling poisonous gas released by government forces in rebel-held districts of Homs, local eyewitnesses and activists claimed Monday.

Civilians were admitted to hospital with serious breathing problems after Sunday’s attack, according to doctors and groups who posted what they said was video of the aftermath to YouTube.

The gas is thought to have been a concentrated irritant, but not one of the deadly chemical weapons stockpiled by the regime of Syria president Bashar Assad.

Several die after Assad's forces use "poisonous gases"

Here we go! Another media campaign that will probably draw the U.S. into another war in the Middle East. I don't think what Assad is doing is right, but I don't think it is the responsiblity of the U.S. to intervene.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I don't believe it came from the Assad regime. They aren't going to use chemicals and Russia is securing Syrias chem and bio weapons. Likely the "rebels" did this. The U.S. wonnt make a move because they know Russia is securing the weapons.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We can only hope that is what is actually going on. The U.S. doesn't need to get involved in any more wars.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
BUT, the Russians claim to have control of Syria's chemical weapons.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They are a bit slow off the mark it has already been reported that the FSA carried out a chemical weapons attack.

NATO supporting WMD Use?

Many other links available.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This video allegedly shows Syrian rebels preparing and testing chemical weapons:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-12-2012 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Here we go! Another media campaign that will probably draw the U.S. into another war in the Middle East. I don't think what Assad is doing is right, but I don't think it is the responsiblity of the U.S. to intervene.

Not this one, and the US and western allies would be wise to stay OUT of this one. No matter what happens.

But as always, they have choices to make. They can choose to get involved, or get out, neither are great, but at least one can buy more time.

Iran has threatened that this conflict would not remain in Syrian borders if the USA gets directly involved. They aren't bluffing. Assad has a deadman's switch.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have two minds on the subject
1-The Syrians did it
2-The rebels did it.

The possibility this may be simple CS gas......or some alternate, possibly supplied by the Spetznatz,?comes to mind...
I do know Russian Chem war material is not nessessarily the same as our own....and they have used gas on Chechen rebels in some seige a while back...which killed some hostages...
The Ruskies have announced they are taking charge of Assads WMDs....could they have already been too late?
Or has the Assad Gov made a deal to trade such WMDs as they posses for Russian anti personnel technologies?
The deploying of Micro wave or other technology of an advanced nature could stem the rebel advance.
It remains to be seen i realise, but without any reliable sources we can only wait.

new topics

top topics

join