It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

severe weather threat for Christmas eve, thru Christmas!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
hey guys I searched and didn't find anything, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I know alot of people are traveling back and forth to family these next couple of days and it looks like the south could be in for some nasty storms, it mainly looks like northern LA, south and central MS, are going to get it today and tomorrow, and AL and GA are going to get in Christmas night and into the next day.

also here's the link to NOAA
NOAA

it looks like it's going to start later this afternoon and really kick up christmas afternoon and last until weds, please just keep and eye on the weather if you live in any of these places or have family there, merry Christmas, and happy holidays hope everyone enjoys their time with their loved ones!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RN311

I wish we could get a white Christmas, but no, now I have to worry about a possible tornado?

My backyard was destroyed this past summer by a tornado, it was horrifying.......I really don't want to experience those feelings ever again!!
edit on 24-12-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We're about to get hit here in Colorado.
You guys drive safe and stay alert. Happy holidays. =)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Yeah, we have a 90% chance of severe storms for tonight and tomorrow here. I'm really glad I'm not having to drive in the mess, and I feel for the people that do have to. Be safe everyone!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lots of rains here in SC right now, 48 deg F, typical early winter weather for us.

I think they're calling for T-storms the day after Christmas.

Could be worse: could be ice storms, blaaaaaah!
edit on 24-12-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
N. Ga. Mountain top, reporting in.

Raining, fog, thick enough to cut with a butter knife. Put down 2 more bales of straw for the goats...it's gonna get real ugly up here.....

Des

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
LA is in the middle of a tornado outbreak right now.

www.weather.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

not quite yet, their not expecting anything until tomorrow, maybe beginning tonight. Looks like here in north ga. it won't really kick up until Christmas night, just make sure to keep an eye on things if your in any of these areas, and make sure you let your family know whats going on if your expecting any visitors, I know everyone's going to be busy celebrating and eating, but PLEASE make sure you check any weather updates tomorrow before leaving home, or returning home I love my ATS family and don't want anyone to get hurt!!
, also I'll try and keep up with whats going on and let y'all know.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For those not aware:
forecast.weather.gov...

.A STORM SYSTEM MOVING THROUGH TEXAS THIS MORNING WILL INTENSIFY
AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST THROUGH THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY
WEDNESDAY. SNOW WILL EXPAND NORTHWARD THROUGH NORTHERN INDIANA
AND INTO NORTHWEST OHIO LATE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY
MORNING...AND OVERSPREAD SOUTH CENTRAL LOWER MICHIGAN BY MID TO
LATE MORNING WEDNESDAY. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BE MODERATE TO
HEAVY AT TIMES ON WEDNESDAY.

Sorry for the all caps...NOAA likes to scream their info....

This report is for lower Michigan...but I'd say anyone from Texas to Mchigan and points north and east can expect winter storm conditions.

NOAA map of US
www.weather.gov...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
For those not aware:
forecast.weather.gov...

.A STORM SYSTEM MOVING THROUGH TEXAS THIS MORNING WILL INTENSIFY
AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST THROUGH THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY
WEDNESDAY. SNOW WILL EXPAND NORTHWARD THROUGH NORTHERN INDIANA
AND INTO NORTHWEST OHIO LATE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY
MORNING...AND OVERSPREAD SOUTH CENTRAL LOWER MICHIGAN BY MID TO
LATE MORNING WEDNESDAY. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BE MODERATE TO
HEAVY AT TIMES ON WEDNESDAY.

Sorry for the all caps...NOAA likes to scream their info....

This report is for lower Michigan...but I'd say anyone from Texas to Mchigan and points north and east can expect winter storm conditions.

NOAA map of US
www.weather.gov...

That's a HUGE storm... whoa.. (the one down south)

We got some snow here (baltimore) yesterday, pretty thick and sticky but it wasn't much. I guess we'll see if tomorrow can put some more on the ground.
edit on 25-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I can confirm the report. Heavy rain, very high winds (watching stuff blow around the yard right now) and we are under a tornado warning. Got a call from a friend about an hour north of here- they are getting small hail. Oh well, just another Christmas in SE Texas!

Update! We got several small tornadoes, ripping off roofs and blowing up electrical transformers. My power was out a while and is back on, but some will be without power until late tonight. Trees are down in various parts of town (one in my yard) and debris all over streets. Storm has passed and beautiful now, but if you are in the path of this storm do not mess around- seek shelter immediately!

edit on 25-12-2012 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
this thing is really starting to hit hard, just remember to keep a look out,their calling for long track tornadoes which of course is no good. they issued a tornado warning earlier, but it looks like it's been canceled for now, also talking about flash flooding, so please do not drive through any high water areas, if the water is covering the road and you can't see it, turn around don't drown (haha can't take credit for that got it off the weather channel)
but seriously, stay alert this thing is just getting started, and on the opposite side there's all sorts of winter weather and blizzard warnings. hope everyone stays save and merry Christmas guys and gals!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
First white Christmas in Oklahoma City since 1914 is predicted
Even Dallas, Texas, could see snowfall in Tuesday
More than 150million Americans could see snow when they wake up on Christmas Day

Many Americans may be dreaming of a white Christmas, but it could turn into a travel nightmare for those looking to get out of town for the holidays.

Meteorologists predict snowfall could blanket nearly half the nation on Tuesday – from Dallas to Maine – as a massive snowstorm moves from the Great Plains and up into the Northeast.

And Jack Frost is expected to continue nipping at American noses until Saturday.

[/yvid]
edit on 25-12-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hello, I live in central Ohio, and they issued a blizzard warning until 1am on the 27th. Heavy snow and high winds expected. They have been saying 1 to 2 feet on the local news, so who knows what we will really get. Just thought I would share.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fireman205253

Columbus Ohio is calling for only up to a foot of snow for most of central Ohio.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

I live more toward west central, closer to Springfield, Columbus is under a winter weather warning. Not the blizzard warning, that is west and northwest.
edit on 25-12-2012 by Fireman205253 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
North Ga Mountains getting really windy and raining hard at my place.

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hunker down Des!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
GA is under a wind advisory and also a hazardous weather outlook heres the link weather

there have been several tornado reports from Texas, thru Louisiana, Mississippi and now currently in Alabama, including one for Auburn university and the surrounding area, thankfully it is Christmas so the campus should be pretty empty, looks like GA is in for it tonight. Unfortunately it will be while we're all sleeping! It also looks like Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, the bottom half of Illinois and most of Ohio are getting slammed with snow and blizzard conditions. It's going to be a long night, hopefully everyone makes it through ok!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you want a White Christmas move to Canada. But do it fast, because it won't be white for long.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join