It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you explain Deja Vu?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

It comes in phases for me. I dream - A LOT. Very vivid dreams. Back in 2004-2005, before I got really sick for the first time, I was having crazy feelings of Deja Vu. I would be doing something remedial, like moving furniture around in my living room. When wham. I remembered dreaming about doing the exact same thing. Another time, I had a dream that I received a letter from an old friend and it said she was married. A week later, I got a Christmas card from her - and she had just gotten married. There are some times I am at work, or in my office or visiting a place, and it just happens. I can't explain it, but it's just a feeling like I know I've been here before.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I think my grandparents on my dad's side had gifts. My grandfather was in a concentration camp during the second world war in Germany (long story). He said the only thing that kept him going was "God had spoken to him and told him he would live and see his family again and that his wife was expecting their third child." He knew he had to make it. Just like my grandmother, his wife, wrote in her journals (very interesting read, she's a lot like me) - she said, "I don't know why we had to move to XXX city name, but I just *knew* that we had to live there. Like a sign from God."

They were very religious people, and became very active in the church I now work for. I've had interesting dreams and conversations (in dreams) with my grandmother after she passed on and after I started working for the church. I think she was a very special woman.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
they say you have 7+ dreams a night plus really random weird mini ones in between.

I always thought the deja vu feeling was just a chance happening of events that you dreamt of once, that you remember for a brief second which makes you think that you actually DID do/go/be whatever it was in that random dream.

This is my hypothesis.

I've had many cases of deja vu, dreams of ordinary events - meeting a person I never met, making a conversation or going to a place I've never been, then experiencing the exact same conversation, place, and such minor dreams usually are forgotten UNTIL you experience them. Then, you are talking and suddenly you stop and say - wait a minute, Ive done that..

I have described some of these kind of dreams I have had on my old account:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks for the post. One thing I can tell you is I do have dreams of places I have never seen before and situations I cannot even imagine, then I do them or go to them. and then I feel I have seen what I am doing in a dream before.. I am not talking about well-known places you see on TV, I mean unimportant and totally RANDOM PLACES.

Example: I once had a dream of going in some peak then down some grassy valley, in the same dream I later go to some rocky place with a valley below and it's sunny. Never seen that place before, it's not a sighting, it's a totally random place like in the middle of your way. And I saw the exact same place when I went to one of our mountains, the feeling I've seen that place before HIT ME.. And many dreams and cases like this one.

It has nothing to do with thinking too much about it because I really didn't care... but dreaming the place with accuracy..

COMPARISON W REALITY REPITITIVITY:. Lately I come back from work in the evening, I get off at a bus stop, and every evening I look into the night sky, I see one train passing on a nearby bridge from left to right, then the next one from right to left - I just do the same thing, watching the trains come and go. I then watch a van with some logo and company also passing on the road.

I repeat this every evening and I do not have feeling of dejavu even though I do it day after day. But in the dreams... it just hits you and you remember well what you dreamed and that it was the same. I am not saying every dream I have is realistic but I can count more than fifty that have retold me soem future

edit on 28-12-2012 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

I heard it explained like this:

Your brain processes the information you're perceiving is fraction of a millisecond before your cognitive brain makes sense of it. In other words you already have the experience in your brain when you feel like you've lived that moment before. Deja vu happens when you don't block out that first perception entirely from the cognitive brain.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My experience with deja vu :

Your doing what it is your suppose to be doing. Following the right path if I may,
you've just got a sign.
A vision into it life, if it loops then you just recognized
You are in control of it destiny.
Choices are up to all of us. Deja vu is just given you a glance.
A preview of , well it's you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sochillbourbon
My experience with deja vu :

Your doing what it is your suppose to be doing. Following the right path if I may,
you've just got a sign.
A vision into it life, if it loops then you just recognized
You are in control of it destiny.
Choices are up to all of us. Deja vu is just given you a glance.
A preview of , well it's you.

Deja Vu is when your Eternal Spirit remembers something you saw while viewing
the Life Book in heaven. A veil of forgetfulness is not allowing you to remember
your prebirth memories. Your Eternal Spirit never forgets.
edit on 31-12-2012 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I seem to regularly get de ja vu but never anything important just simple little things like walking up stairs and seeing a poster or something like that but it happens so often and i have no way of explaining it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
De Jav'u?
or does history repeat itself?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

That is how it is for me. It's never anything wild and crazy. I experience it when I am doing ordinary things. One time I felt it while walking out of a wal mart to my car and I passed an old woman and when I saw her I got intense déjà vu. I know I had never seen that woman before and yet I felt very strongly that I had.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ive hadmy fair share of deja vu, never really looked into it. but my best guess as a INFP is an overactive inuition. Or basically an expected outcome satisfied by experienced events.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I haven´t read the whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before. But I have heard a good explanation for deja vu that makes a lot of sense to me.

You have a short term and a long term memory, so much is clear.

Now, let´s look at an example. You go into the kitchen to drink a glass of water, and while leaving the kitchen, your short term memory knows that you just drank a glass of water in the kitchen. It was just a normal glass of water, nothing special about it, you will probably forget that you drank it shortly afterwards (meaning it will NOT be taken into your long term memory, unlike your first kiss for example).

Now, another example: You went into the kitchen to drink a glass of water again, but this time your memory made a mistake. Instead of saving that info into the short term memory, it went directly into the area that is responsible for storing long term memories.

The result is logical: You think that the action you just did, took place a long time ago, or at least you have the feeling that it happened already SOMETIME in the past.

So a deja vu is just a filing mistake by the brain.

There are to points that support that theory:

1: The rareness of the phenomenon suggests that it is NOT part of the normal brain function, but rather from abnormal functions.

2: The fact that you can NEVER pinpoint WHEN you saw / did that hints to a wrongly stored memory. Otherwise you would say "I drank that exact same glass of water last week on wednesday afternoon". This could hint to a real memory and an actual repetition of that event.

The information that we have today hint very strongly to a error of our memory. No more no less.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

The information that we have today hint very strongly to a error of our memory. No more no less.

That should have been "an error" of course.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Its because history repeats itself,
we are stuck in a cyclical timeloop.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Sure, that must be it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've always felt that deja vu is caused by the astral body going ahead of your conscious reality a few months or so, sort of checking out the lay of the land as it were for your future. I think the astral body may actually "live" your life prior to you living it.

Just a little theory of mine

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Well, if the future is involved, how do you explain a dejavu is something that already happened (meaning it refers to the past)?

Wouldn´t it be much more likely that it is indeed a filing error by the brain?

I have nothing against spiritualism in itself, but on the other hand we shouldn´t always jump to the most esoteric answer available.

Dejavu has already been pretty much explained very logically and reasonably by science.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The thing with Deja Vu....

All the time, we do the exact same thing we had done before. Every day, i get up, i turn off my alarm, i get dressed, i drive the same car on the same route to the same job. Yet none of those things ever shocks me or makes me feel weird. In fact, though i know i had done it before, i never get that Deja Vu feeling that, i've done it before.

Which leads me to believe that Deja Vu is not about the feeling you've done something before, but rather that Deja Vu is simple the feeling of "strangeness" you feel weird without reason.

Considering how often we re-trace our steps in life, it should never be shocking or surprising or weird when we do something we've already done. With Deja Vu suddenly we feel that is different. And it shouldn't feel different.

I think that Deja Vu is not a hint at something, or a recurring memory ect, its simply a mis-firing of the brain that makes you feel strange and intuitive for a brief moment. You're doing something normal and then you are struck with this feeling of strangeness associated with repetition when normally a repetitious event wouldn't have caught your attention anyway.

Deja Vu is just a feeling, i don't think there's anything deep to it. And its that feeling that there is something more, something different or deeper, that embodies the very nature of why Deja Vu feels so off. Its all in our heads.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sometimes I get Deja Vu after I do/watch something. I don't think I've ever heard of that before. Like I might get Deja Vu 10 minutes or so after something occurs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join