It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you explain Deja Vu?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ok so its strange. Lately i have been experiencing a TON of deja vu. Its just when i am doing random stuff. Like just yesterday I was kneeling on the floor of my bedroom putting my wallet in my purse and i looked over at my car key sitting on a chair and i was overwhelmed with a crazy feeling that i had done that same exact thing before. I felt like i had wore that same outfit and did that same thing before. I felt like that one moment was just put on loop in the universe and i happened to walk in to it. Has anyone else felt a lot of Deja Vu lately? And is there any explanation for what it could be?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think I've seen this thread before. I can't explain it though. Just a mind thing.
edit on 24-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: 11 11

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes I have had a lot of deja vu lately. Almost like I dreamt what I was doing before, and I'm suppose to know what happens next, except. Don't know whoa happens next.and then I get spooked...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
they say you have 7+ dreams a night plus really random weird mini ones in between.

I always thought the deja vu feeling was just a chance happening of events that you dreamt of once, that you remember for a brief second which makes you think that you actually DID do/go/be whatever it was in that random dream.

This is my hypothesis.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Time loop. Recall of previous iteration.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think it has to do with the speed of thought. That's why someone always remembers the most recent moment. When I have a Deja Vu moment, I think my brain instantaneously predicted a few seconds to the future.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

i saw a black cat, and then another, just like it.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

edit on 12/24/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
time is different for conciousness than it is for our physical bodies, hence prophecies that sometimes turn out to fit with our reality. We get images either from before we were born or from our sleep cycles and they translate into perceived memories overlapping a modern experience which causes us to feel like we've been there, done that.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

I explain it like this.... your thought process operates in a sequence.... A B C D E F G sometimes your mind will skip a step or will interchange a step A B C E F D G when this happens it seems as if you have done "this" before.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here let the master explain it! Its all good.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
they say you have 7+ dreams a night plus really random weird mini ones in between.

I always thought the deja vu feeling was just a chance happening of events that you dreamt of once, that you remember for a brief second which makes you think that you actually DID do/go/be whatever it was in that random dream.

This is my hypothesis.

I agree. I dream like crazy most nights (literally and numericly:lol
Sometimes I have or see something in my awake life and then suddenly remember a dream I had. Sometime like a year ago, and then that memory will trigger a recall of what transpired around the time (days ) when I had that dream.

Still.....sometime I can't remember were I left my wallet, or finish a sentence if interupted

Go figure

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Trinity explains it best

someone had to do it.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I've also had an increase in Deja vu experiences lately.

From wiki...."Early researchers tried to establish a link between déjà vu and serious psychopathology such as schizophrenia, anxiety, and dissociative identity disorder, but failed to find the experience of some diagnostic value. There does not seem to be a special association between déjà vu and schizophrenia or other psychiatric conditions.[6] The strongest pathological association of déjà vu is with temporal lobe epilepsy.[7][8] This correlation has led some researchers to speculate that the experience of déjà vu is possibly a neurological anomaly related to improper electrical discharge in the brain."

I'm having these "improper electrical discharge.........." moments one after the other. Spooky feeling.

How do I make it stop?
Or - How do I make it active full time so it would be usefull?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

In my opinion this anomaly occurs for more than one reason.

We have muscle memory. We are creatures of habit. Sometimes what we think is "deja vu" is actually us repeating previous behavior patterns.

We have dream sequences that we remember parts of that we have already seen because our sub-conscious mind is not bound to the real time.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Here let the master explain it! Its all good.

Gee that's far too complicated - multi-verse etc .. I have a different theory;
Short term memory shortcut's to your long term memory hence the recognition of an event that has just happened.

Improper electrical discharge would probably be the fancy name for it as the poster above has referenced.

Def:
Short-term memory is supported by transient patterns of neuronal communication, dependent on regions of the frontal lobe (especially dorsolateral prefrontal cortex) and the parietal lobe. Long-term memories, on the other hand, are maintained by more stable and permanent changes in neural connections widely spread throughout the brain.

i.e I don't think it's anything to worry about, I've had a string of them when stressed and other times I rarely get it.
I used to think it was related to an ability but to be honest the scientific explanation is more plausible.
edit on 24-12-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

I agree with Biggs, I believe it is a quick recall of previous dreams. In addition, I do believe people having psychic dreams is possible.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
your sub concious Is ment to send information to your concious mind, Maybe for a moment we become more in tune with our sub concious and because our sub concious has seen that place before our concious mind then it feels like we have been there/done that before.

Or something like that

Edit.

I don't know about anyone els here but I don't recall have a deja vu since I was a kid, Probably the last one I remember I was around 8 or 9 years old. Maybe a little older at a push. At least that one was vivid enough to leave a lasting memory, maybe I have had more that Iv forgotten.
edit on 24-12-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Memories, Thoughts, Déjà vu etc., stem from your other You, located between out there in the layers of ether within the vastness of time.

Since the both of you are cosmically related, you share thoughts/memories through astral wormholes via the subconscious.

The other You is possibly having His/Her déjà vu as well, while you may have just lived it --- and quite possibly vice versa.

Ugh!!! It's all too confusing... I'll just go back to eating my paint chips!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For me it is all about dreams. Often in waking life I will relive something I dreamed about months prior. Somehow when we dream we are able to perceive the future, if only small portions of it. In my mind that's the most likely explanation for how I can dream about being at a picnic with my brother in law and 3 nephews, and then a couple months later actually be at a baseball picnic with my brother in law and 3 nephews. I don't think the actual events are of any importance, but somehow the mind is able to pick up on them before they happen, and then when they do happen, BOOM, deja vu.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join