It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: 2 Polls That Have Never Been Wrong Predict Bush Victory.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The Weekly Reader Poll may not be as off the wall as one might automatically assume. Children consistently reflect the political opinions of their parents (because that's what they hear in dining room conversations) and people with children have higher voter turnout rates than people without children. So, these kids are basically saying what their parents are saying around the house... and since their parents vote... this gives you a general idea of what's going to happen.

Sure, the actual numbers might be magnified or exagerrated, but the end result is somewhat legitimate. Remember: Most adults hang up on pollsters. No kid refuses to partake in a weekly reader event.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJ
no, u mentioned the Weekly Reader Ploll and the Halloween Polll , no mention of the Nickelodeon poll whoose results show Kerry the winner. thats KERRY , not some fictious characters.

Anyone can be forgiven once.

Reread this topic if you choose, check who it is you are addressing, and cast your vote appropriately for a nosepicking cat or aggressive chihuaha or John Kerry, any of whom would do a finer job in leadership than the incumbent.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

The Weekly Reader Poll may not be as off the wall as one might automatically assume. Children consistently reflect the political opinions of their parents (because that's what they hear in dining room conversations) and people with children have higher voter turnout rates than people without children.

It is for these reasons, and for the actual nature of the question asked in the poll that the Nickelodeon poll predicting a Kerry victory is a better indicator than other nonsense polls.

In a political environment where the electoral system is in and of itself complete nonsense, and where polls are nonsense, Nickelodeon stands out as a shining beacon of truth, justice and the American way. And funnier than Disney.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Lets see.

According to CBS

CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT
(Likely voters)

Now
Bush-Cheney
47%
Kerry-Edwards
45%
Nader-Camejo
2%

Excerpted from.
www.cbsnews.com...

There is also this from October 25th.

Electoral Vote Predictor 2004: Kerry 247 Bush 285

[Strong Kerry (84)
Weak Kerry (119)
Barely Kerry (44)
Exactly tied (6)
Barely Bush (71)
Weak Bush (67)
Strong Bush (147)
Needed to win: 270

Excerpted from.
www.electoral-vote.com...

and do look at what the poll is saying about Florida.....

Bush 49%
Kerry 46%

10/18 - 10/25 Bush-48.3 Kerry-46.7 Nader-1.3 Spread-Bush +1.7

Excerpted from.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

USA Today.

Sep 24-26
Bush-52%
Kerry-44%

Excerpted from.
www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Nickelodeon stands out as a shining beacon of truth, justice and the American way. And funnier than Disney.

LOL, ok Masked....keep dreaming.

Bush is going to win again dude!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Maybe this is why Bush masks are selling:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Some of you seem two steps away from resorting to violence on this issue lol. Shame, shame.
I heard mention of a wager... well, I'll put $50 on Bush and I'm not even voting for him lol (doesn't mean I'm voting for Kerry either). Most of the projections I've read have shown Bush to have a comfortable advantage as far as electoral votes are concerned (and that's all that really matters in the end). So, 50 bucks in the pot so far... anyone else? I'll pay up if necessary, but something tells me I'm going to have a little extra beer money by the time this is over lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There's an old saying that goes " Can't be right all the time."

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Update

The Packers beat the Packers beat the Redskins 28-14. If this indicator is true Bush will lose.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
BlackJackal

Well observed. It goes hand in hand with the Red Sox and the World Series (presidential home state ball team rule favours Massachusetts, Texas dipped out).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join