It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Wiki: 70 Spooky Articles from Wikipedia.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is enough creepiness here to keep the fan of the weird busy for hours.

SOURCE

Each of the 70 snippets has a link to more information about it.

Some samples...

1 - The Bell Witch – “The Bell Witch or Bell Witch Haunting is a purported poltergeist legend from Southern folklore, centered on the 19th century Bell family of Adams, Tennessee.”

6 - Bloody Mary – “Bloody Mary is a legendary ghost or spirit conjured to reveal the future. She is said to appear in a mirror when her name is called multiple times.”

11 - Resurrection Mary – “Resurrection Mary is a well-known Chicago area ghost story. Of the ‘vanishing hitchhiker’ type, the story takes place outside Resurrection Cemetery in Justice, Illinois.”

23 - Doppelganger – “A paranormal double of a living person, typically representing evil or misfortune.”

52 - Melon Heads – “Melon Heads is the name given to legendary beings and urban legends in parts of Michigan, Ohio, and Connecticut generally described as small humanoids with bulbous heads who occasionally emerge from hiding places to attack people.”

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Lmao i found my Doppelganger about a week ago it a awesome feeling

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I love this. I have a few lists myself, I'll post them if I can find them. I was in the hundreds for sure last time I checked. I used to feature one of these for a local webzine each month. I called it the 'weird wiki' column and was very popular!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The melon head story reminded me of a story I once read about creepy 'little people' who supposedly live underground in the Superstition Mountains region of Arizona. Years ago, I was reading a story online that featured a supposed photo of one of these little people running through some tall grass. It was turning it's head to look at the people who were taking the photo.
It was absolutely hideous. It had long, bony arms. I wish I would have saved that pic!
While it was almost certainly fake, it was still very, very scary.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thanks for posting about the list. I'll have plenty of reading to do!
edit on 25-12-2012 by CrimsonKnight13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thank you!!!!..... lots of god stuff to read looks like :-D

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Really interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this, I am always looking for interesting things to read and occupy myself during the less busy hours of my day.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Nice thread.

But there are some other Wikipedia articles, very well written and full of reliable sources, that are very interesting too, and that people should read and share:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

I highly recommend the Wikipedia articles above...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the links - very interesting, starred!

top topics

join