It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan temple damaged by end-of-world tourists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ah, too bad the tourists weren't all sacrificed the old way.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

Agreed. People are deeply stupid and have zero respect for history. This makes me sad. Eventually, after I win the lotto, I hope to visit the site. And I hope it's still standing when I get there. Takes just a few rotten apples to spoil it for the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yup, typical drunken troglodytes with the IQ of a styrofoam cup acting the exact same way they do in the streets, pubs and bars of their own country. It doesn't surprise me in the least bit though as I was blown away by the amount of pathetic and disgusting graffiti on the walls of ancient Roman buildings and foundations during a vacation to Italy a couple years ago. The amount of graffiti/malicious damage in Rome is enough to make any educated and normal person want to vomit.

The simple minded asinine fools who feel the need to destroy or spray paint silly little symbols on the sides of important historical buildings like 4 year old children should be locked up for at least 10 years.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

I LOVE the Mayan culture, that said.

C'mon guys, these reactions are abit overboard. Some kid on mushrooms probably slipped and moved a little rock. There is no mention of what damage was technically done so why is everyone blaspheming the random tourists.

Whatever "desecration" these people did I'm sure pales in comparison to this:

In 2004, Wal-Mart opened a store in Mexico within view of the 2,000-year-old pyramids of Teotihuacan despite months of protests by local residents as well as prominent Mexican artists and intellectuals.

www.southernstudies.org...

Wal-mart and big business do this all the time on a broad scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join