It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost Black Pyramid of Giza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

another great thread Kandzveldt
this is something i had never heard
i dont know how much truth there is to it but its certainly worth thinking about

and merry x-mas!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

hmmmmmm. Everyone wonders what's buried beneath the pyramids....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

hmmmmmm. Everyone wonders what's buried beneath the pyramids....

wow...that could be under there...maybe

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I dont think its possible a man who made a career from drawing accurate positions and placements of large structures all over egypt , could mistakenly place a pyramid 5 miles away on the plateau with the others at Giza ...This is an amazing thread and im starting my research on it , amazing stuff ...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Napoleon's soldiers were exercising shooting Sphinga, who knows... www.napoleon-series.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We should be able to solve the fourth pyramid if it exists.

So assuming that the three major pyramids represent the belt of Orion.

The fourth pyramid would represent what?
Another star? Something else, like a Nebula?

The Mayans also had a myth in the area of Orion.

The Three Hearthstones of Creation correspond in the night sky to the stars Alnitak, Saiph, and Rigel, which appear in the belt of the constellation we refer to as Orion.

The hieroglyphic text describes the setting of the Three Hearthstones of Creation, and identifies this act as one that helped to usher in the present creation. The date of 4 Ahaw 8 Kumk'u corresponds to August 13, 3114 BC, the date at which the present creation began according to the Classic Maya. The three stones are identified as a jaguar throne stone, a serpent throne stone, and a water lily throne stone. The act of setting the three stones is credited to a Wak-Chan-Ahaw or "Raised Up Sky Lord," who has been identified as the Maize God.

Let say these cultures are interconnected.
And each one is painting a picture or story about
some past Earth history connected with the stars.
We need to start looking at the big picture, and not
small localized areas.

Thats like trying to determine the history of the 20/21st century
by only focusing on Las Vegas.

www.utexas.edu...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by thePharaoh

It's interesting that Herodotus mentioned a pyramid supposedly of Menkaure that was of Ethiopian/Black stone up to the half way point, with some confusion over its attribution, he could have got his facts confused there, this pyramid could have been of later period and not Menkaures.

I would just like to point out that Herodotus never stepped foot in Egypt or Ethiopia. He also described Hippo's as having manes like horses among many other crazy descriptions of things. He makes for a good read but not the most reliable guy when it comes to "facts". So when it comes to describing things that may have existed or are now lost he he not the best to use. ( This is my belief because I spent much time reading Herodotus while finishing my degree in history).

Now do I think there could have been a fourth pyramid. Sure, why not. Stranger things have happened than disappearing pyramids. To the person who mentioned the black stone at Mecca, I wonder what the correlation between the dates the stone was constructed and when the fourth black pyramid went "missing"?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

hi foosm

im more inclined to think the pyramids are alligned to cygnus not orion

what does everyone else think?

the part of cygnus i mean is the neck ( aka swans neck)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex

Bushby might make some suggestion as to where the stone was re-used in Cairo, but i don't have a copy of his book so i'm not sure, just remembering seeing some photos of his of recycled stones in Ciaro.

www.scribd.com... -3rd-Edition-2011

His suggestion also is that as major effort would be required to discover any further hidden chambers, based on earlier Arab accounts, then the selling off of the stone that was dismantled of necessity helped finance the endeavour.

reply to post by GezinhoKiko

and merry-xmas to you and everyone else...

edit on 25-12-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Great research! Never heard of the 4th pyramid.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by GunzCoty

Hard to say, but i don't think it was dismantled in the 1700's as it was still understood as being there in 1877, unless the author of this didn't realise the Freemasons had made off with it...

Pyramid facts and fancies 1877

edit on 24-12-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

Ok, out of curiosity, I've done the math based on the smallest dimensions above (and assuming a solid structure with no voids). I find the volume to be 7500 m3, and assuming a light-medium density rock (2500kg/m3), we're talking 18,750 metric tonne of total dissassembly weight.

I've changed my mind, that volume of rock is completely manageable for a determined effort of experienced stoneworkers over a reasonable length of time. However, the importation of that stone leaves a serious question mark with the (known) technology of the day....any idea where I could find the closest black stone quarry if I was in Cairo?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by FoosM

hi foosm

im more inclined to think the pyramids are alligned to cygnus not orion

what does everyone else think?

the part of cygnus i mean is the neck ( aka swans neck)

New to me, but I how do you explain the shafts of the pyramid supposedly with a line of sight to Orion?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
We should be able to solve the fourth pyramid if it exists.

So assuming that the three major pyramids represent the belt of Orion.

The fourth pyramid would represent what?
Another star? Something else, like a Nebula?

The Mayans also had a myth in the area of Orion.

The Three Hearthstones of Creation correspond in the night sky to the stars Alnitak, Saiph, and Rigel, which appear in the belt of the constellation we refer to as Orion.

The hieroglyphic text describes the setting of the Three Hearthstones of Creation, and identifies this act as one that helped to usher in the present creation. The date of 4 Ahaw 8 Kumk'u corresponds to August 13, 3114 BC, the date at which the present creation began according to the Classic Maya. The three stones are identified as a jaguar throne stone, a serpent throne stone, and a water lily throne stone. The act of setting the three stones is credited to a Wak-Chan-Ahaw or "Raised Up Sky Lord," who has been identified as the Maize God.

Let say these cultures are interconnected.
And each one is painting a picture or story about
some past Earth history connected with the stars.
We need to start looking at the big picture, and not
small localized areas.

Thats like trying to determine the history of the 20/21st century
by only focusing on Las Vegas.

www.utexas.edu...

Ohhh this just popped into my mind:
You are discounting SIRIUS. It aligns with Orion's belt once every year!
making a 4 star line check it out...

So, it is the Orion's belt: 3 stars and a bit further away SIRIUS, which aligns exactly.
Sirius always aligns with Orion's Belt, and has appeared in the eastern sky on December 24th for over 4000 years basically making a 4 star line and NOT 3... food for thought....
Remember that those 4 stars make a line pointing to where the sun is exactly gonna rise on the winter's solstice.

EDIT: After more research it seems those four stars are ALWAYS more or less aligned which is better.
Remember that Sirius is way brighter then the stars on Orion's belt and if the 3 pyramids were designed according to Orion's belt, then it is logical they would make another one for the brightest star that is aligned with those 3 stars.
This has something to do with the winter's solstice and the precession of equinoxes, etc... i'm no expert so i don't know how to explain this.
But get this, Sirius is also called... The dog star....Sphynx anyone?
Very interesting read: en.wikipedia.org...
Andro
edit on 25/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I'm sorry I can't provide a link. If I ever come across it again, this is the first place I'm coming.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

i cant explain that
but look at the overlays for yourself

orions belt

cygnus

its something worth considering imho

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Yes, I agree, and it is certainly something I will keep in mind from now on...

If it really was Orion...could one star have shifted that far over 4-12k years? If not then, maybe we need to consider other possibilities.

The only thing is, don't several other sites also line up with Orion? While with Cygnus its just the 3?

Could it be an allusion to both constellations?

Alright, I'm done playing archeologist now. I'll just leave the rest to the experts. But thank you all for humoring me XD

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I dunno, if there is a supposed Masonic connection then the French of the Bonaparte expedition are the prime suspects...

If you think so you could be right. There has been some speculations of Napoleon 1 being involved with the Freemasons.

However there is natural speculations around, if the was indeed a member:
Speculations

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by FoosM

i cant explain that
but look at the overlays for yourself

I cant believe I forgot that one shaft points to Orion, the other to Sirius.
So... we have to look into this deeper. Based on your overlay, where would you say the 4th pyramid should be?

edit on 26-12-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Kantzveldt thanks for the great thread, never knew a 4th pyramid existed, this is truly intriguing, as there arent any physical traces of it's existence.

i've read accounts of the existence of a second sphynx too, do you have any info on that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join