It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth spinning wrong way in videos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If I see another video with the Earth spinning in the opposite direction I might just have a rage attack. I am not sure if there is some political agenda or if humans are really just spatially challenged. Is there some conspiracy behind displaying the Earth's rotation or do some artsy liberals think it looks cooler to spin the wrong way?

Wrong

Correct

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Seriously?

That bothers you so much does it? What's the big deal? It's just a network logo, who cares if it goes the wrong way?

I'm guessing that you could be the next guy to flip out big time in the USA.

Relax man!

Happy Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

You're bothered by the direction the Earth spins in The Daily Show intro.....Yet it doesn't bother you that the same intro has the Earth splitting in two, and a smaller Earth inside?!?!

Yeah......obviously some big conspiracy by those "artsy liberals"
and they're agenda of making things "look cool"

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's a liberal conspiracy!

They're trying to spin the Earth backwards and before you know it we'll all be having abortions and gettin' gay married!

Tell whatever library employee helped you log on to that computer that you're done now

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
If I see another video with the Earth spinning in the opposite direction I might just have a rage attack. I am not sure if there is some political agenda or if humans are really just spatially challenged. Is there some conspiracy behind displaying the Earth's rotation or do some artsy liberals think it looks cooler to spin the wrong way?

Yes! I know the feeling there, but did you really have to add the liberal part? I'm probably what you would call an artsy liberal, but things like this annoy me to no end as well. There are lots of artsy conservatives out there too you know

Originally posted by waveydavey
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Seriously?

That bothers you so much does it? What's the big deal? It's just a network logo, who cares if it goes the wrong way?

I'm guessing that you could be the next guy to flip out big time in the USA.

Relax man!

Happy Christmas!!

Obviously I can't speak for the OP, but for myself it really irritates me because a lot of people get all or most of their information from the tv, and the rotation of the globe beneath our feet really ought to be common knowledge. I'm willing to bet a large bundle that you could easily find people who think the earth rotates clockwise because they saw it on the daily show.

Oh and the fact their globe rotates the wrong way has actually been pointed out to Jon Stewart on the show. It happens around 1:05 in the video
LINK

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am so glad that the main thing in your life to rant about is something as small as which direction the earth appears to turn in the beginning credits of some TV programme. Must mean your life is pretty sweet, wish I had only this sort of thing to trouble me instead of the plethora of worries I carry on my shoulders.

Now, perhaps this might help to ease the annoyance factor in an earth shown to be turning anti-clockwise. Maybe their earth is in actuality turning clockwise, however the flyby space rocket with the camera is traveling faster in a clockwise direction than the earth is spinning giving the appearance that the earth is spinning the wrong way round.
Maybe this is to try and show that the TV programme is covering things from all over the planet or is being beamed to all over the planet?
Of course, it could be the person doing the artwork is not that clever, in the same sort of way that people draw rainbows with the colours in the wrong order, but it could also be deliberate to get your attention on the screen, all be it with a bit of annoyance.

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year and if it annoys you, just switch off you TV and do something more interesting

top topics

join