It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazca Lines: Any Connection to Ancient Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
We are told that there are hundreds of perfectly straight lines that run for miles. We are told that without advanced instruments that these lines could not be made. We are told that the natives did not have these instruments. Even if they did the chance of them being able to make a majority of the lines absolutely straight at that long of a distance would be minimal.

And we are told that all of the above are lies that we have been told.

Which of the things that "we have been told" will you choose to believe?

Like I need to ask.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Like I need to ask.

Harte

In this case, just choose to believe your own eyes! Copy and paste the coordinates that I had provided into Google Earth and look for yourself! The gargantuan mechanically perfect lines are right there! Like I need to mention again.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Like I need to ask.

Harte

In this case, just choose to believe your own eyes! Copy and paste the coordinates that I had provided into Google Earth and look for yourself! The gargantuan mechanically perfect lines are right there! Like I need to mention again.

And obviously, no brown people can make long straight lines.

That requires extremely high technology.

Technology on the order of three largish, straight sticks and a decent pair of eyes.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Technology on the order of three largish, straight sticks and a decent pair of eyes.

Harte

Not sure why you're suddenly prejudiced against "brown people," but the point was that even by today's land surveying standards, those straight lines, especially the ones that cleanly shaved off multiple mountain tops do in fact require extremely high technology — not just "three largish, straight sticks and a decent pair of eyes."

But then I shouldn't expect so much.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Like I need to ask.

Harte

...And the Romans built aqueducts through mountains, which required straight-line surveying precision.

The people of the Nazca plains were humans -- which means they are equally as intelligent and as clever as we are, with the same brains and some problem-solving capacity.

The Romans had no power tools, yet they could build huge buildings and aqueducts with straight lines and make huge perfectly smooth rocks for building. The people who built medieval cathedrals could carve rock into intricate shapes and make perfectly smooth stones fit together without gaps.

The Incas of Nazca were also humans, just like those people. Being humans just like us, and having human brains just like us, they were very smart just like us -- and I see no reason to think they could not figure out how to make long straight lines and intricate designs.

edit on 12/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Harte

Not sure why you're suddenly prejudiced against "brown people," but the point was that even by today's land surveying standards, those straight lines, especially the ones that cleanly shaved off multiple mountain tops do in fact require extremely high technology — not just "three largish, straight sticks and a decent pair of eyes."

But then I shouldn't expect so much.

No shaved mountains there - you apparently will believe anything but the truth.

Three sticks and a pair of eyes (well, two pairs really) are all that's needed to lay out lines with even greater exactness than found at Nazca.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Three sticks and a pair of eyes (well, two pairs really) are all that's needed to lay out lines with even greater exactness than found at Nazca.

Harte

Oh then please forgive me, your great highness, for intruding onto your truth. I promise to refrain from arguing any point with you ever again.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Surveyors have been able to lay out straight lines for many, many years using manual means prior to the invention of modern surveying equipment.

Surveying and laying out straight lines takes technique, not modern technology.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Tried to look at them with google earth but the lines were blurred out, figures.
I still believe it is cargo cult. I also believe that those rocks are part of spaceships.
Around the world these type of stones were worshiped and used for building.
So call me crazy, i see what i see.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Harte

Oh then please forgive me, your great highness, for intruding onto your truth. I promise to refrain from arguing any point with you ever again.

You should do that, it will make you appear more intelligent. Rather than be rude, you should seek to learn from someone who has a greater understanding than you do. You are free to believe what you want, but what Harte said is not debateable, it's simple truth. If knowing that the lines are possible with a working brain and no technology does not hamper your belief so be it, at least your belief will not be predicated on lies.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
These lines are probably second only to the pyramids when it comes to controversial debate on message boards throughout the world.
I can well understand that these people had the know-how of making a straight line but I cannot come to terms with the statement they were of 'superior' intelligence and had knowledge long since lost. The question is WHY did they create these straight lines when they start anywhere, go nowhere and have no practical purpose. Hardly the sign of some 'superior' intelligence.
Any connection to Ancient Aliens? Nobody knows!
Von Donkeyman certainly stirred a hornets nest with this one.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
These lines are probably second only to the pyramids when it comes to controversial debate on message boards throughout the world.
I can well understand that these people had the know-how of making a straight line but I cannot come to terms with the statement they were of 'superior' intelligence and had knowledge long since lost. The question is WHY did they create these straight lines when they start anywhere, go nowhere and have no practical purpose. Hardly the sign of some 'superior' intelligence.
Any connection to Ancient Aliens? Nobody knows!
Von Donkeyman certainly stirred a hornets nest with this one.

First of all,Von Donkeyman I love it,can I use that in future arguements.lol.

The tools and equipment,techniques and abilities displayed by ancient engineers seems quite otherworldly if you have only a scant knowledge of engineering but it's amazing what can be achieved with a plumb bob or a block of wood with a channel cut into it for water to act as a spirit level.

That they can do it isn't in question the why is a lot harder to answer and probably never will be but ancient aliens does seem incredibly large a leap to make based on what we know.

Runways for spaceship ??

it's been said a thousand times but the logic still stands,if they can navigate interstellar space do they really need navigational beacons and runways ??

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
...I can well understand that these people had the know-how of making a straight line but I cannot come to terms with the statement they were of 'superior' intelligence and had knowledge long since lost...

I don't know about "superior" intelligence, but they were certainly as intelligent as we are today, considering they were humans, with the same brains we have. We may possess an overall greater amount of knowledge (which is totally different than intelligence).

As for them having lost knowledge -- I can certainly understand how that could happen. They may have had a few engineers who could figure out how to lay out the Nazca lines, but the techniques and equipment used could very well have been lost to time (and to conquest).

For example, there is a man on youtube who figured out how to move 16-ton blocks of rock by himself. I'm sure if he figured it out a technique to do so, someone else in ancient times could have also figured out a similar technique, but the knowledge of that technique could have been lost.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Dont let this thread die please its really interesting subject worthy of discussion. If there were really Ancient Aliens then Nazca would of served some function. Mabey it is like the signage on a road map for new space arrivals.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
These lines were created ca. 15,000 years ago by giant E.T children. I was informed by my source that, before their race was nearly wiped out by war, these creatures used to come from Mars on holidays. There are still a few of them left, however, they now live beneath the surface and have not the resources or technology available to make themselves known anymore - such a shame!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by koagula
These lines were created ca. 15,000 years ago by giant E.T children. I was informed by my source that, before their race was nearly wiped out by war, these creatures used to come from Mars on holidays. There are still a few of them left, however, they now live beneath the surface and have not the resources or technology available to make themselves known anymore - such a shame!

Your joking right..?

They were not made by Aliens nor were they made by Giants of any kind.
They ARE very human in nature and tell a story of pre-deluge times.

When are people actually going to search for the TRUTH..?

Why is it that the most intricate of Nazca designs is always glossed over..?

Can someone post a pic of the Nazca Mandella please..or atleast explain to me
how I can do this myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Posting a pic of the Nazca Mandala;

nvm.
edit on 17-1-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

What is even more awesome is the widely ignored lines in between those characters and the surrounding area. Look at those lines and follow them or trace them. You will be amazed at what you find, multiplied by the time you spend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join