It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazca Lines: Any Connection to Ancient Aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My gut feeling for the Nazca Lines have been for meditation purposes. I sometimes pace and it helps me think clearer. Imagine if you used those lines as a spiritual journey in which one would walk the lines.

I could defiantly see psychotropics being used as well. Possible wandering the lines and shapes for countless hours, possibly until one collapsed. I feel these are strong possibilities for an use of these awesome lines.

We know Peru has San Pedro, Ayahuaska and Coca leaves. So I could see them being on intense spiritual journey as they wandered, maybe for days, the Nazca Lines.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that a intelligent fellow like Phage can clearly, and habitually, mistake his opinion for fact....

But more to the point at hand, the Nazca lines and all that is depicted are clearly a major bullet point for Ancient Alien evidence. Even sceptic's that downplay the possability of Ancient Aliens agree that the ground workings are perhaps spiritual in nature for the Nacca people. And to that end, even sceptics agree that there is something more to them then just bored people making stuff...

If they were created as spiritual geoglyphs with astronomical intention (as most that understand them agree) then at the very least they were looking upward and outward for inspiration. But looking at them logicly one MUST come to the conclusion that they were created to be viewed above, for whatever reason.

Now, does this prove ancient aliens existed? Obviously not, they were creations well within the know how of ancient Peruvians and only would require basic grid understanding(s) and man power/time to create. In fact, I personally see nothing that shouts out 'Ancient Aliens' at all. However, it is clear to anyone with even a remote bit of understanding and logic that they were created with the concept of arieal viewing. Maybe they just assumed there were 'sky gods' or something akin they were honoring without any real proof, who really knows. Maybe there was Ancient Aliens they had encountered and wanted to let them know they were still there waiting for a return.

In the end it is all but impossible to know for sure what they were doing, and why. So for now the Nazca lines will remain in the body of evidence for possible Ancient Alien encounters by the ancient Peruvian people. However, I think it more than likely they were simply trying to connect spiritually to the sky or sky gods in a way understandable to them. But that in and of it'self raises the question 'where did there spirituality come from'?

As far as proof, nothing to see here. Possible evidence? Perhaps, interesting none the less!
edit on 24-12-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by judahslion
Whats the alternative... hot air balloons made f cowhide? Without aerial craft it would be not only impossible, but pointless to create such a thing.

Not really. The Nazca Indians had a mythology that included a Sun God. The Sun, which brings light and life, appeared to move across the sky to them, so they saw the Sun as a God (the God "Inti").

Therefore, if the Sun was a God looking down on them, the lines could have been made for that God to look at.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Not really. The Nazca Indians had a mythology that included a Sun God. The Sun, which brings light and life, appeared to move across the sky to them, so they saw the Sun as a God (the God "Inti").

Therefore, if the Sun was a God looking down on them, the lines could have been made for that God to look at.

So in your vast wisdom, you're concluding that the hundreds (or thousands) of wide, mechanically straight lines that crisscross at various angles are probably the Nazca Indians following the sun?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

So in your vast wisdom, you're concluding that the hundreds (or thousands) of wide, mechanically straight lines that crisscross at various angles are probably the Nazca Indians following the sun?

Or one of their other Gods.

If I were an ancient Inca, and some other ancient Inca told me they could make designs in the sand that only could be seen by a deity in the sky (such as Inti the Sun God, or Mamma Quilla the Moon goddess), I would think it rather clever. I would say "that's a great idea -- I'll help you make them".

I would feel I was doing my part to make Inti and Mama Quilla happy (or at least give them something interesting to look at).

It seems like a reasonable possibility. I'm not sure why you seem to be discounting it as a possible explanation for the Nazca lines.

edit on 12/25/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Or one of their other Gods.

If I were an ancient Inca, and some other ancient Inca told me they could make designs in the sand that only could be seen by a deity in the sky (such as Inti the Sun God, or Mamma Quilla the Moon goddess), I would think it rather clever. I would say "that's a great idea -- I'll help you make them".

I would feel I was doing my part to make Inti and Mama Quilla happy (or at least give them something interesting to look at).

It seems like a reasonable possibility. I'm not sure why you seem to be discounting it as a possible explanation for the Nazca lines.

Exactly,if you believe your gods are up in the sky then surely it's logical to assume that creating massive symbols on the very earth that the gods can see would be a real dedication to them and worth undertaking.

And as I've suggested before to imagine they weren't clever enough to trace out a small version and scale it up when making tne real thing is doing them a great disservice.

Remember the only reason we may be thought cleverer than your average South American from 2000 year ago is because we have 2000 years more accumulated knowledge to draw on,thats the only differance.

The Romans built straight roads,aquaducts that with the exact gradient.i.e drop of x feet per mile to allow water to flow and numerous buildings that still stand today (or did Ancient Aliens build the Coliuseum aswell now !!!) with the most basic tools to measure true angles etc.

It's a fallacy to look back at our ancestors and think of them as primitive and unable to engineer complex works because there's plenty of evidence that were very capable egineers.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Exactly.

The ancient Incas were Home Sapiens just like us. They had the same brains we have and were equally as intelligent as we are, having the same capacity to solve problems that we have.

We may have more knowledge than they do, but we are not necessarily more intelligent. There is no reason that they could not figure out how to draw these figures.

I suppose someone may argue that their "Gods" were aliens, and the aliens are in the sky, but that would be pure speculation. I guess it's possible that their Gods could have been aliens, and they were NOT only making these designs for their Sun God Inti to see, but I would need more to go by than just saying "yeah -- it's possible".

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

I think the Nazca lines are a star map. It was left there in hope on day an advanced civilisation as we have today will be able to see it from above, and locate using our astronomy the constellation where the Star vistors came from.

Compare the depiction of Nasa Voyager 1 space craft our solar system with the similar pattern seen in the upper corner of the Nazca disagram.

---

It be interesting exercise for someone to transpose both images on top eachother and see how well the arms/angles of the lines match.

edit on 25-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The connection is chariot of the Gods.

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
...It be interesting exercise for someone to transpose both images on top eachother and see how well the arms/angles of the lines match...

Right away there is a problem trying to match up that figure showing the lines radiating from the middle.

On the Pioneer spacecraft plaque, there were 15 of this lines, 14 of which specifically symbolized 14 pulsars near the Sun. The similar (but different) symbol on the Nazca plain has more radial lines, and the lines do not have the same correspondence to pulsars.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Right away there is a problem trying to match up that figure showing the lines radiating from the middle.

On the Pioneer spacecraft plaque, there were 15 of this lines, 14 of which specifically symbolized 14 pulsars near the Sun. The similar (but different) symbol on the Nazca plain has more radial lines, and the lines do not have the same correspondence to pulsars.

still be an interesting execise for someone with access to right software do a transpose, as a pictures worth a thousand words.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
what kind of facts would lead OP to think that NAZCA lines are connected to UFO phenomena ?

are there DD or NL occuring on the location with witness confirmation and/or encounter documented ?

are there psychic anomalies on the site ?

or just because they seem larger than usual and without known purpose ?

Whats the background of the native people who create the lines ? what about their culture ?

Should state all the cultural background before resorting to anything unnatural or even more improbable to 'aliens' where no extra terrestrial proof exist.

the ancient aliens or ancient astronaut are nice 'theory' by eric von daniken and good for science fiction reading, but no fact supports them from the historical ancient literature.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

you offer a lot of possibilities for their creation cleverly diverging away from the Alien theory without offering us anything more concrete. Gratz.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
One of the better theories I've heard is that they were used to test new Shaman's abilities. Upon completion of training, an elder or several elders would go out to an undisclosed figure(s). The new Shaman would be told to leave his body and go find the elder(s). After he found him/them, he would return to his body which had been under constant observation and tell the other elders at which figure the elder(s) was/were located. The elder(s) in question would return and at that time confirm the locations. If it was the same, the new Shaman was ready.

This theory makes as much sense to me as the AA landmark and I tend to believe it more likely.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

Thats interesting idea. where you hear about that theory??

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I was sure I heard it on a radio program, C2C I think, but I may be confused. I did a search on line and found someone else who heard the same sort of thing, then I did an ATS search and found this.

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I was told by a Native American Shaman, that they believed the Nazga lines are all about training a Shaman.
Shama MUST learn to travel out of body to be able to commune with the Astral entities that can explain a persona illness and how to heal it......Also to be the guide for OOBE travels of persons within the tribe.....therefor claiming the Nazga lines were meant to be seen from above, by the Shamans in training and are to tell the masters what they saw below them, as proof of them refining the OOBE ability.

It sounded plausible to me with the background I have now in OOBE......and with the healing work I have done with native healers.

Who knows for sure though aye?
Maybe the ones who do, are not talking about it.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

RiverGoddess claims to have spoken to a Shaman, but the theory is the same, it was used to confirm/refine OBE's. I believe this is the best purpose I've heard for the lines. If I ever come across the program again, I'll try to get back to you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We are told that there are hundreds of perfectly straight lines that run for miles. We are told that without advanced instruments that these lines could not be made. We are told that the natives did not have these instruments. Even if they did the chance of them being able to make a majority of the lines absolutely straight at that long of a distance would be minimal.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i'm going with this guy who believes they were used to be walked in meditation

www.dailymail.co.uk...

seems to make a lot more sense.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

...Nazca Lines: Any Connection to Ancient Aliens?

No.

Nein.

Nyet.

Nem.

Non.

Naal.

Na.

Nope.

Nahiin.

Naaka.

Nne.

Nani.

Nae.

NoNo.

If Von Daniken and Tsakoulis, et al INSIST that it MUST be - then it quite likely, just as likely, NOT...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
We are told that there are hundreds of perfectly straight lines that run for miles. We are told that without advanced instruments that these lines could not be made. We are told that the natives did not have these instruments. Even if they did the chance of them being able to make a majority of the lines absolutely straight at that long of a distance would be minimal.

Although I have never been to Nazca, for years I have tried to crack their code.

The Lines are to be used upon the Nazca Mandella.
The Glyphs are a phenonic message yet to be deciphered in connection
to the meaning of imposed Lines upon the Mandella.

There is also a 'grid' pattern laid out in reference to the Mandella.

I believe the Mandella is the key.
The Mandella and Grid are ontop of a mountain overlooking the glyphs/lines
and can only be viewed from above the mountain.

It is my belief that Nazca was made by whom I refer to as - "Prior~man",
not Aliens but a more advanced civilization of Humans whom experienced
a devastating catatrophe.

Evidence you ask..?

Search the megalithic monuments strewn across the planet.
Ancient monuents encode two major qualities;

!.) They are aligned astrologically.
2.) They are built using a mathematical prowess.

The Nazca phenomana is also mathematical and mayvery well be
aligned to an astrological grid.

Nazca is one of the most airid plains on this planet that experiences
little to no rain or violent weather..in other words - the perfect place
to leave an encoded message tothe future mankind.

All this being said - the Nazca Mandella is the "key".

edit on 26-12-2012 by HumAnnunaki because: to add content

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join