It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many souls released from Purgatory on Christmas, pray AND on a commercial flight, Mother Teresa spea

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by adjensen

No, it isn't. You infer that it is, but it is not.

Yes, it is. Baptism in the name of Someone is baptism into the one who was named.

No, it is not, and no, it does not say "Baptize in the name of Jesus".

Does not say "baptize in the name of Jesus."

It says that baptism is into the one who was crucified for us, which is Jesus Christ.

No, it does not say that.

Does not say "baptize in the name of Jesus." Does not even say "baptize", for pity's sakes.

Since baptism is for the remission of sins, saying remission of sins in my name, is the same as saying baptize in Jesus name.

No, it is not.

These are three fine examples of what I said earlier -- your beliefs require you to infer things that are not said, and to claim that a passage of scripture says something that it does not, in order to maintain your wobbly theology.

Baptism in the name of Jesus, only, comes to you third person, in the book of Acts, which was not written by an Apostle, or even, in large measure, by an eyewitness to the events being described. I am not saying that the Apostles did or didn't teach it, but to claim that they did, absolutely, is not a valid conclusion, and to say that it is defined anywhere else, apart from that third party history, is completely false.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes, they do.

And speaking of inferring... Have you found that "God is three persons" verse yet or are you still inferring it from philosophy and Kaballah?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And speaking of inferring... Have you found that "God is three persons" verse yet

Unlike you, I do not misrepresent scripture or infer anything.

The Doctrine of the Trinity is not in scripture, it is an "after the fact" effort to explain scripture and the actions of the earliest Christians. However, once understood, the Trinity can be seen to be implicit in the text, and resolves issues that your Oneness theology cannot.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Then the trinity is an invention of man. It is man telling God who He is, not God telling man who He is.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Then the trinity is an invention of man. It is man telling God who He is, not God telling man who He is.

It is a description of something that exists, it is not telling God anything.

If your statement is an accurate depiction of your standards, then it stands to reason that you believe the Bible is "an invention of man" and shouldn't be trusted, either.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If your statement is an accurate depiction of your standards, then it stands to reason that you believe the Bible is "an invention of man" and shouldn't be trusted, either.

For thousands of years, God has only called Himself one God, saying nothing about being three persons. Then comes a philosopher, Tertullian, who calls God three persons. It looks to me that this doctrine is man made, not coming from God.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

For thousands of years, God has only called Himself one God

There is only one God.

It looks to me that this doctrine is man made, not coming from God.

God doesn't make doctrine -- do you even know what the word means?

You have developed the "Jesus Only Doctrine" -- show me where God said to baptize in the name of Jesus. Oops, I guess that one is man made, not coming from God, too. Or have you granted divine status to the author of Acts?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I've already explained that Scripture in previous posts.

Nah, that is why you don't post those verses again. I'll share the verses, how many times is the third person
of the Blessed Trinity mentioned of in the Gospel? Do you see, Jesus comes to share more about who God
is in the New Testament, the New Covenant.

The non-trinitarians make up such a small group. What are you going to do with the rest of Christianity? We
believe in the Trinity, so can you TJ.

It is prophesied, for a long time, the Remnant is Roman Catholic. God wants you to become Catholic so prepare
now, believe what Catholics tell you here. We love you.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
True Jew,

What do you or Pentecostal Oneness profess about God the Holy Ghost (also referred to as Holy Spirit)?

I checked, Holy Ghost is referred to 151 times in the Gospel. That is a lot of verses to explain, here are twenty
four of them.

See the link for the rest. Taken from Douay-Rheims Bible, the English translation of the Latin Vulgate, the first Bible.

Matthew 1:18
Now the generation of Christ was in this wise. When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child, of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:20
But while he thought on these things, behold the angel of the Lord appeared to him in his sleep, saying: Joseph, son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife, for that which is conceived in her, is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you in the water unto penance, but he that shall come after me, is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear; he shall baptize you in the Holy Ghost and fire.

Matthew 12:32
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but he that shall speak against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in the world to come.

Matthew 28:19
Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 1:8
I have baptized you with water; but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, shall never have forgiveness, but shall be guilty of an everlasting sin.

Mark 12:36
For David himself saith by the Holy Ghost: The Lord said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand, until I make thy enemies thy footstool.

Mark 13:11
And when they shall lead you and deliver you up, be not thoughtful beforehand what you shall speak; but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye. For it is not you that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Luke 1:15
For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother' s womb.

Luke 1:35
And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 1:41
And it came to pass, that when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the infant leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luke 1:67
And Zachary his father was filled with the Holy Ghost; and he prophesied, saying:

Luke 2:25
And behold there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Ghost was in him.

Luke 2:26
And he had received an answer from the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Christ of the Lord.

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto all: I indeed baptize you with water; but there shall come one mightier than I, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to loose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Luke 3:22
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape, as a dove upon him; and a voice came from heaven: Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 4:1
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the desert,

Luke 10:21
In that same hour, he rejoiced in the Holy Ghost, and said: I confess to thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to little ones. Yea, Father, for so it hath seemed good in thy sight.

Luke 12:10
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven.

Luke 12:12
For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what you must say.

John 1:33
And I knew him not; but he who sent me to baptize with water, said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon him, he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John 3:5
Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 14:26
But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you.

www.drbo.org...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
reply to post by colbe

I'll share the verses, how many times is the third person
of the Blessed Trinity mentioned of in the Gospel?

None. The title "third person of the Blessed Trinity" is not given in the Gospels.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I checked, Holy Ghost is referred to 151 times in the Gospel.

I do not deny the Holy Spirit. I just deny that He is a separate god number three.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I do not deny the Holy Spirit. I just deny that He is a separate god number three.

Trinitarians also deny that "He is a separate god number three", so whom are you disagreeing with?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Trinitarians also deny that "He is a separate god number three", so whom are you disagreeing with?

That is only due to your brainwashing that three gods equal one.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That is only due to your brainwashing that three gods equal one.

Brainwashing, right. I'm not the one who thinks watching a baseball game means that you hate Gary Reckart.

I've said it before, I'll say it again -- the fact that you don't understand the Doctrine of the Trinity doesn't invalidate it. I'll take the word of the Church Fathers over uneducated hillbilly pastors who think wristwatches and televisions are evil, thank you very much.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Brainwashing, right. I'm not the one who thinks watching a baseball game means that you hate Gary Reckart.

I do not think that.

I've said it before, I'll say it again -- the fact that you don't understand the Doctrine of the Trinity doesn't invalidate it.

I understand the doctrine very well. When you say that Genesis 1:26 is proof of more than one creator, you are teaching polytheism.

I'll take the word of the Church Fathers over uneducated hillbilly pastors who think wristwatches and televisions are evil, thank you very much.

The early Christians did not teach "God is three gods". We do not teach that wristwatches and televisions are evil, but that there are spiritual issues connected with them that are to be avoided.

I would take the word of someone who teaches holiness over your word when you cannot discuss issues without insulting and name calling. It is obvious that you do not have the Spirit of Christ.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I do not think that.

Sorry, since Reckart thinks that watching a baseball game means that you hate him, and since you've testified over and over to how much you respect this "good man", I figured you agreed with him.

I've said it before, I'll say it again -- the fact that you don't understand the Doctrine of the Trinity doesn't invalidate it.

I understand the doctrine very well. When you say that Genesis 1:26 is proof of more than one creator, you are teaching polytheism.

There is only one God, so I am not teaching polytheism, even if I had said that Genesis 1:26 was proof of more than one creator, which I did not.

The early Christians did not teach "God is three gods".

Of course they didn't, and neither do Trinitarians today. You apparently don't understand that simple concept -- I would suggest studying scripture and theology, as opposed to listening to the rants of an elitist hater.

We do not teach that wristwatches and televisions are evil, but that there are spiritual issues connected with them that are to be avoided.

What possible "spiritual issue" could come from wearing a wristwatch? If there is nothing inherently evil about television, why does Reckart say that anyone who has one in their house hates him?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What possible "spiritual issue" could come from wearing a wristwatch?

IF you miss church, and you're wearing a watch... you had no excuse?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

IF you miss church, and you're wearing a watch... you had no excuse?

lol, I suppose. Though if you can't wear a watch, you've got a good excuse to be late all the time, although I got the feeling that "old timey" pocket watches were probably okay.

Probably something to do with being "too flash", but come on... a $10 Timex isn't going to impress anyone.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sorry, since Reckart thinks that watching a baseball game means that you hate him, and since you've testified over and over to how much you respect this "good man", I figured you agreed with him.

You are taking his words out of context. It is not that "watching a baseball game" means that you hate him as you claim, but that he has received hate mail from those who watch tv due to his preaching against it.

There is only one God, so I am not teaching polytheism, even if I had said that Genesis 1:26 was proof of more than one creator, which I did not.

You did say that. Your teaching is polytheistic, you are only brainwashed to believe that it is not.

Of course they didn't, and neither do Trinitarians today. You apparently don't understand that simple concept -- I would suggest studying scripture and theology, as opposed to listening to the rants of an elitist hater.

Trinitarians do. Your statements about Genesis 1:26 and Stephen's vision are evidence of that.

Pastor Reckart is not the "elitist hater" that you claim and I was a modalist before listening/reading anything by him. The Bible teaches one God and does not mention your more than one creator doctrine.

Pride would be one.
edit on 19-5-2013 by truejew because: Fixed code

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You are taking his words out of context. It is not that "watching a baseball game" means that you hate him as you claim, but that he has received hate mail from those who watch tv due to his preaching against it.

Taken out of context?

Below is a partial list of those who hate Pastor Reckart:
Those who believe it is OK to attend professional sports;
Those who have television in their homes; (Source)

Those are the exact words written by your "good man", how is that taking anything out of context? If you attend professional sports (ie: watch a baseball game) or have a tv in your house (regardless of what you use it for) you "hate Pastor Reckart".

If you can't see anything wrong with that, there's not much hope for you.

You did say that. Your teaching is polytheistic, you are only brainwashed to believe that it is not.

No, I did not say that. I likely said that the passage was indicative of two persons, but I did not use the phrase two creators. Basic grammar, again, TrueJew -- "two persons" does not mean "two creators" or "two gods".

Pride would be one.

One can be proud of their pants -- do you think they should walk around without pants on?

Buying a Rolex, yeah, I would agree that such an act probably has pride attached to it, but all wristwatches? Ten dollar Timex watches? Let me guess, the guy that runs the UPC has a Rolex, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join