It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many souls released from Purgatory on Christmas, pray AND on a commercial flight, Mother Teresa spea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Excerpt from an archived article posted at www.spiritdaily.com...

Merry Christmas!!

+ + +

Christmas should be a day to pray for the deceased. It's on Christmas -- according to two highly reliable revelations -- that most souls are released into heaven and thus are in need of final prayers.

One revelation was in 1879 to a holy nun in a French convent. Identified as Sister M. de L.C., she received revelations from a deceased nun who authorities identified only as Sister O -- and who at the time was herself suffering the torments of purgatory. The revelation was granted an imprimatur from the Cardinal of Baltimore, Maryland, and was approved by noted theologians such as Canon Dubosq, promotor fidei of Saint Therese the Little Flower. The transcripts of what she said may be the most valuable we've seen on purgatory.

"On All Souls' Day many souls leave the place of expiation and go to heaven," said the deceased nun. " Also, by a special grace of God on that day only, all the suffering souls, without exception, have a share in the public prayers of the Church, even those who are in the great Purgatory. Still the relief of each soul is in proportion to its merits. Some receive more, some less, but all feel the benefit of this extraordinary grace. Many of the suffering souls receive this one help only in all the long years they pass here and this by the justice of God. It is not, however, on All Souls' Day that the most go to Heaven. It is on Christmas night."

This message was confirmed in dramatic style more than a hundred years later -- in 1983 -- when a seer at Medjugorje reported nearly the same message, and with virtually no chance of having been privy to the obscure French revelation (which had not been published). Said the Virgin at Medjugorje on January 10 of that year: "In Purgatory there are different levels. The lowest is close to Hell and the highest gradually draws near to Heaven.

It is not on All Souls' Day, but at Christmas, that the greatest number of souls leave Purgatory."

At Medjugorje it has been said that the Virgin appears in great golden splendor on special days like Christmas, and the French nun likewise said Our Blessed Mother goes to Purgatory on her great feast days. She takes souls that are ready -- and all they may need is one final Mass, or even a final prayer. Those on the "threshold" can gain Heaven that day with our help, while those in deeper parts of Purgatory will be relieved of suffering.

"There are many souls in Purgatory," said the Blessed Mother at Medjugorje. "There are also persons who have been consecrated to God -- some priests, some religious. Pray for their intentions, at least the Lord's Prayer, the Hail Mary, and the Glory Be seven times each, and the Creed. I recommend it to you. There are a large number of souls who have been in Purgatory for a long time because no one prays for them."

This puts an entirely new perspective on Christmas. It's a time of great joy not only on earth but in the eternal and a day that our own joy must be joined with concern for those who have gone before us -- who may be "graduating" that day.

Pray for them. Pray for everyone you have ever known who is deceased. Pray for every purgatorial soul on Christmas. If they don't need the prayers, the Lord can designate them to souls who do.

And one day -- perhaps on Christmas night -- they'll be there to help you.

[Sister O's revelations are in a booklet called "An Unpublished Manuscript on Purgatory,"

+ + +

Pat Murnahan was coming back from a business trip to New York during the month of November, 1996. He felt his presentations had gone very well and he felt relaxed as he sank back into his seat ready for the flight to London and then on to Dublin. He had chosen a window seat so that he could sleep and not be disturbed by people coming and going. As more passengers entered the plane and it began to fill up, he could hear the hum of continuous conversation up and down the aisles, mixed with the sound of bags being stowed in the overhead lockers.

After ten minutes Pat was beginning to snooze and the rhythmic sound finally lulled him to sleep. But just minutes after he fell asleep he found himself sitting up fully awake. He heard nothing and wondered what had woken him, then he realized there was complete silence in the plane.

He sat fully upright wondering what had caused the silence, he felt a slight tinge of terror, the first thing coming to mind was that terrorists were taking over the plane.

Pat turned hi s head to see what was happening and his mouth dropped open when he recognized the slight bent figure and smiling face that had caused the complete silence as she moved quietly up the aisle; it was Mother Teresa of Calcutta, with another slight bent figure in similar dress following behind her.

Both nuns were dressed in simple white habits edged in blue. The familiar face, the wrinkled skin and the warm smiling eyes were instantly recognizable by everyone, from the youngest back packers to the eldest on board. The plane was full of American tourists who had never been so close to this world renowned figure before in their lives. An image they had seen on hundreds of television newscasts and on the covers of Time Magazine, on more than one occasion.

The two nuns stopped and Pat realized with a start, that the designated seats of this most extraordinary person and her companion were the seats beside him and he felt strangely unworthy as Mother Teresa herself was the one beside him. As the last few passengers settled in and the flight prepared to take off, Mother Teresa and her companions took out their Rosary beads. He noticed as they unfolded the beads that each decade was a different color.

They both closed their eyes as they immersed themselves in prayer and Pat stole a closer look at the unusual Rosary beads. He noticed that the decades at the beginning were totally black but as the beads went on they got lighter until, at the end of the rosary, they were completely white.

After about three Rosaries Mother Teresa and her companion put away the beads and she took out a little red prayer book. But before she opened the book she turned to Pat and asked him where was going. When he told her Ireland and then having replied to her next question to confirm the ‘yes, he was Irish,’ he raised himself up in his seat more, no longer eager to sleep as he suddenly felt elated and privileged to be taking part in a conversation with probably not only the most famous person on the planet but also probably the holiest. He was not ready for her next comment which showed that her knowledge of the Irish was from another era.

She said, “Well, you being Irish you must of course be Catholic and very prayerful.”

Pat felt embarrassed and didn’t respond. Then he felt even more embarrassed, if that was possible, as she put away her little red book and took out her Rosary again, saying “As you are Irish we will say another rosary for you and the wonderful country you come from.” Pat knew if he could see himself then in a mirror his face would have turned a very crimson red.

She told him, “Is there anyone in particular you wish to keep in prayer?” Pat thought for a minute and he suddenly thought of his elderly grandmother who was bedridden and just clinging to life...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Christmas is a made up day with no special meaning to God. Purgatory was never an 'official' teaching, and is now officially disavowed. It never existed.
/thread

ETA: Pope says Purgatory does not exist. Quite a conundrum for you OP.
edit on 24-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Good story Mate, I am not particularly religious myself, that doesn't make me a bad person. I believe in a creator in some shape or form but I believe that the dogma tied up in religion is the main reason why organized religion has lost many followers over the years.
Anyway, My grandmother who I never met as she passed away in 1942 was very religious and a devout Catholic of Irish stock believed that we are in purgatory on earth and that it is death that releases you to heaven or to hell.
Seeing the pain and struggle most have to deal with I tend to agree with her.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Here is a Catholic's conundrum. Belief in Purgatory was encouraged by the Church as it made them a lot of money, although it was never an official Church belief.

Recently the Pope has declared Limbo/Purgatory does not exist. Now, the foundation of Catholocism is that the Pope speaks the Word of God, and in matters of faith can NEVER be wrong.

That means as a Catholic you can not believe in Purgatory, to do so means the foundation of Catholocism is wrong, and thus the Catholic Church loses all credibility.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I dont think it has a great deal of credibility left these days.I went to church about 5 years ago with my Girlfriend at the time and had to ask why the plate came around 3 times. She told me once for the Father, once for the Son and once for the Holy Ghost. I am pretty sure they have no need for cash.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Good story Mate, I am not particularly religious myself, that doesn't make me a bad person. I believe in a creator in some shape or form but I believe that the dogma tied up in religion is the main reason why organized religion has lost many followers over the years.
Anyway, My grandmother who I never met as she passed away in 1942 was very religious and a devout Catholic of Irish stock believed that we are in purgatory on earth and that it is death that releases you to heaven or to hell.
Seeing the pain and struggle most have to deal with I tend to agree with her.

kudegras,

Hi, Purgatory is true and it's Scriptural...like other terms ALL Christians believe but aren't stated specifically in Scripture, they are DESCRIBED. Two of them, Trinity and Incarnation. Purgatory is a realm because nothing unholy enters Heaven if our loving acts, prayers and sufferings here are not enough reparation, Purgatory is the place to make amends and with the loss of faith and sin ignored, denied, put into law, very few people who die in the state of grace go straight to Heaven. We must atone for all our actions, that's God's perfect justice. I agree with you, much here in life, our crosses are a purgation.

Martin Luther threw out the book of Maccabees because it shows Judaism believes in a place of puragation.
Paul speaks of a place of purgation after death. 1 Cor. 3:10-15 - works are judged after death and tested by fire. Some works are lost, but the person is still saved. Paul is referring to the state of purgation called purgatory. The venial sins (bad works) that were committed are burned up after death, but the person is still brought to salvation. This state after death cannot be heaven (no one with venial sins is present) or hell (there is no forgiveness and salvation).

To help, "state of grace" means God's presence in your soul. When you commit a serious sin (called mortal), you lose God's presence in your soul. After Baptism, it is through repentance and regular confession of your mortal -serious- sins to God and of course prayer that keeps you in God's grace All the souls in Purgatory were/are destined for Heaven because they died in the "state of grace."

(Catholics must do more, they must GO to Confession but have the benefit of hearing Christ's absolution through
the priest and the grace given in the Sacrament. Read John 20:23, you have to hear someone's sins to forgive
them, this is how Our Lord set it up. The rejection by some Christians of the New Covenant priesthood happened in the 16th century, October 31, 1517 to be exact.)

Everyone, do not die with mortal sin on your soul. Prayer and regular confession of your mortal sins to God, for the life of your soul.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

kudegras,

Hi, Purgatory is true and it's Scriptural...like other terms ALL Christians believe but aren't stated specifically in Scripture, they are DESCRIBED.

I hope you are not a Catholic, because you just made Catholocism a great big lie

Jokes aside, Purgatory is not real, and not in the Bible, anywhere. The verse you listed has to do with Christ being the foundation, absolutely nothing to do with Purgatory. There is no need to go into the rest of the details of the verse you listed as it's completely off topic. Are you Catholic?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by kudegras

Here is a Catholic's conundrum. Belief in Purgatory was encouraged by the Church as it made them a lot of money, although it was never an official Church belief.
Recently the Pope has declared Limbo/Purgatory does not exist. Now, the foundation of Catholocism is that the Pope speaks the Word of God, and in matters of faith can NEVER be wrong.

That means as a Catholic you can not believe in Purgatory, to do so means the foundation of Catholocism is wrong, and thus the Catholic Church loses all credibility.

This is the classic protest. Man has a fallen nature, the misuse of indulgences was corrected at the Council of Trent. What century, centuries past, long, long ago. Then came...

Martin Luthe, her threw out the baby with the bath water rejecting the faith totally.

It's upsetting, especially in our times, here we are, the Great Tribulation has started, Protestants, fallen away Catholics stating what the Church teaches. Sorry, Limbo is NOT Purgatory.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I love this post! Beautiful . I'll be praying for those I know and the unknown.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Interesting. So you know more than the Pope? You are right, he is wrong?

Purgatory is like a purifying fire burning inside a person, a painful experience of regret for one's sins, Pope Benedict XVI said.

www.catholicnews.com...

Now I know you thought I was going with the statement made about Limbo, sorry I did not go in the direction you wanted me to.

So if the Pope is wrong, how can Catholocism be right?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
"Martin Luther, he threw out the baby with the bath water rejecting the faith totally."

I looked up the date of Trent, 1542. The MISUSE of selling indulgences was corrected at Trent. Indulgences themselves are a wonderful help, when we pray, we come closer to God.

To deny Purgatory is to reject God is perfectly loving and perfectly just. The heresies mess people up so, a major heresy, faith alone, contributes to the denial of Purgatory.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Please explain the quote from the POPE which denies Purgatory as a place. Thank you. Anti-Pope perhaps?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Purgatory is like a purifying fire burning inside a person, a painful experience of regret for one's sins, Pope Benedict XVI said.

www.catholicnews.com...

Now I know you thought I was going with the statement made about Limbo, sorry I did not go in the direction you wanted me to.

Hi, it's a charism from God, the Pope is never wrong on matters of faith and morals. If you look at Church teaching, Limbo was never dogmatic, Purgatory is...

Pretty obvious even to disbelievers, the Church stands alone on many moral teachings while the world rejects sin as even being sin.

thanks for your kind reply,

colbe

p.s. You don't have to be Catholic to pray for loved ones in Purgatory, especially...pray on Christmas day.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I love this post! Beautiful . I'll be praying for those I know and the unknown.

stoneb, thanks. I love the account of a lay person speaking to Mother Teresa on that flight...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

www.catholicnews.com...

Hi, it's a charism from God, the Pope is never wrong on matters of faith and morals. If you look at Church teaching, Limbo was never dogmatic, Purgatory is...

Pretty obvious even to disbelievers, the Church stands alone on many moral teachings while the world rejects sin as even being sin.

thanks for your kind reply,

colbe

p.s. You don't have to be Catholic to pray for loved ones in Purgatory, especially...pray on Christmas day.

Seriously, how are you not getting this. I am NOT talking about Limbo. I am talking about Purgatory. You say ...

Pope is never wrong on matters of faith and morals.[/quote
The Pope says

Purgatory is a process, not a place, pope says at general audience

The Pope, who you just said can NOT be wrong, stated 100% Purgatory is not a place, it does not exist. Purgatory defines a process that happens to a person while they are still alive.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

purgatory was invented by Catholic authorities so the wealthy could buy the absolution of sins and avoid it. It also made the average Catholic nervous about it and so dedicate himself more fervently to the church, even though he wasnt committing any sins by the churches standards.

edit on 24-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Anyone can pray these 4 prayers Our Lord's mother recommended for the souls in Purgatory. She asked
you pray each one seven times. Do it on Christmas day for loved ones and souls who have no one to pray for them because so many people reject Purgatory.

The Scripture verse about the "last farthing", Matthew 5:26 is a quote from Our Lord about Purgatory.

~ ~ ~

Our Father

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory Be

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

The Apostle's Creed

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven,
sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty;
from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

More or less, that is true. It was never official church policy that you could buy your way out. Now officially Purgatory is not a place. It's a process. It's the cleansing of the person. Which I find contradicts other Church teachings, but that is for another time.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

How can you pray for souls in a place the Pope says does not exist, and the Pope says there are no souls there? I am not trying to be difficult, I have posted what the Pope has stated in his own words, and you refuse to talk about it.
edit on 24-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by colbe

purgatory was invented by Catholic authorities so rich people could buy the absolution of sins and avoid it. It also made the average Catholic nervous about it and so dedicate himself more fervently to the church, even though he wasnt committing any sins by the churches standards.

edit on 24-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

zed, hi,

How can you believe there is no atonement for lessor sins and actions in our lives? Yes there is....

And look at the OT, the Jewish people believed in a place of purgation.

2 Machabees 12:46
It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join