It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown has Reputation as Satanist Hub

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
They don't look very evil to me, they look happy. One sec, let me read the article. All right, I think this sums it up a bit.

The faithful claim that two types of Satanism exist. The mainstream Satanists refer to themselves as Religious Satanists, claiming to be the rightful heirs to the title of Satanists. The other group is their fringe, and is generally referred to as Gothic Satanists.

edit on 24-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Yes, I am aware of the distinction...my biggest question in the past (still unanswered) is why bother calling yourself a "Satanist" if you claim nothing about your religion deal with Satan, the devil, Lucifer, etc.?

If the other "Gothic" types want to call themselves that, that makes sense given that they profess to actually believe in the Satan and worship/commit atrocities in his name.

These guys though...couldn't they pick ANYTHING ELSE to call their religion that recalls images of enlightened behavior or free thought? Something philosophical? LaVey is the founder of this type of Satanism, why not LaVeyanism? Am I the only one that sees this as really odd? This attitude of "We are Satanists, but not THAT kind"?

Satan as a rule (as with all things there are exceptions) is portrayed as a liar. Wouldn't a great deception be to align yourself in everyway with Satanic imagery while saying to the obvious masses of people who see this and get outraged "Relax buddy, you've got it all wrong. I believe in Satan as a concept, not a real dude!"

I guess my point is, if you don't want the one confused with the other, AND it has NOTHING to do with Satan as a being...why call yourselves Satanists?

That's like me saying "I am an altruistic atheist. I believe in helping others at all costs because it is the right human thing to do, not because a guy in the sky tells me I should or I'm gonna get it! I think I'll call this way of thinking Christianity. Oh, not THAT Christianity."

Any Satanists wish to comment? I'm not trashing anyone, I just always struck me as odd.
edit on 24-12-2012 by rmtfox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If it didn't have it then it has it now, but no more than the rest of the entire world. The kill of steal, kill, and destroy, that has happened. The school is haunted, the psychics and spirit mediums found some dead people to talk to. Mistakes have been made and others will be blamed.

But a serious Satanist that has their act together could possibly argue that because the school wasn't disciplined enough to defend itself, that it succumbed to the forces of destruction. But even a satanist does not have time for evil like this, being too busy devoting themselves to other self-serving routines. Maybe a crazy Romanian gypsy would go for that kind of vengeance magic. Maybe a crackhead has or believes in magic like this. Maybe stupid men with some old Project ARTICHOKE linguistic programming manuals from the military would do something like this.

I would say this evil work has more chaos magician behind it than a satanist, but there are many kinds of satanists out there. Maybe a temple of Set ritual could have created a plot like this -- and yes there are some temple of Set people in intelligence in government, and I can guess in the press, related to an investment plot agenda, so I can say they don't flinch when destruction happens to others, because they were banking on darkness happening anyways. It doesn't mean they did it, but that dark entity called Set has its own mind and could have manipulated some people to do this.

Technically yes there could have been a ritual at a gathering somewhere with occult intentions and the spiritual manifestation -- or I could call it a magical oversight -- could have been that somewhere death would persuade certain people with no awareness of the ritual to do.

The masonic checkerboard has black squares on it too. Sure it's not a poorly managed Masonic ritual? I mean, souls are supposed to be enslaved, not removed from control.

No, this sort of stuff happens when someone breaks a deal with evil, not makes one. The rules change and there is occult oversight. It could have happened twenty years ago when some promise was forgotten. Good isn't working hard enough in some places, or people aren't listening to good advice. We don't know if some people just had that feeling to not go to school that day, or if a child victim had precognitive nightmares before the event, or someone was ignored as crazy with psychological ridicule or diagnosis when they panicked about a precognitive vision.

An example to my magical theory: Jason Holmes was from LA County and moved to Arapahoe County. Very smart, arrogant, but with dark intentions for control and power over others. There are political leaders in government power now who had jobs and made deals in LA County. Well maybe some hairsplitting detail happened and that lit the fuse for one of the soul&power agreement group losing one's mind. Now the sweater unravels and the dark control is lost. This is all a spiritual rearrangement, where the power of the mind is, not physical, all subliminal. The dark powers use their puppets, as it is a worship master and servant relationship.

Imagine it's a similar scenario with the school attack. Someone channeling darkness to achieve power, the dark entity takes over and peace for children is lost. But it took over because someone else, some other pawn, wasn't giving it control somewhere else anymore.

So, the school could have had some very good and very bright individuals in it to cause darkness' want to break the location. The school could have ejected an evil recently and it wanted to get back in. I wonder if there is anybody who grew up in that area who is now in a very powerful political position. Honestly though, the ones who benefit from this are the publishing houses, the news places, and a foreign government, not a religious type.

There is maybe one man I recognize who is aligned with Set in government, who may have some cruelly wealthy friends, to talk about any of my experience, and he is too wealthy, self-absorbed and distanced from the general public to take personal religious responsibility for the disastrous acts he did not commit. The satanists would not be to blame, but the individuals who may not be satanists who succumbed to the evil of their own wicked hearts. Maybe a satanist would be too selfish to intervene in a disaster.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rmtfox

They don't look very evil to me, they look happy. One sec, let me read the article. All right, I think this sums it up a bit.

The faithful claim that two types of Satanism exist. The mainstream Satanists refer to themselves as Religious Satanists, claiming to be the rightful heirs to the title of Satanists. The other group is their fringe, and is generally referred to as Gothic Satanists.

Yes, I am aware of the distinction...my biggest question in the past (still unanswered) is why bother calling yourself a "Satanist" if you claim nothing about your religion deal with Satan, the devil, Lucifer, etc.?

If the other "Gothic" types want to call themselves that, that makes sense given that they profess to actually believe in the Satan and worship/commit atrocities in his name.

These guys though...couldn't they pick ANYTHING ELSE to call their religion that recalls images of enlightened behavior or free thought? Something philosophical? LaVey is the founder of this type of Satanism, why not LaVeyanism? Am I the only one that sees this as really odd? This attitude of "We are Satanists, but not THAT kind"?

Satan as a rule (as with all things there are exceptions) is portrayed as a liar. Wouldn't a great deception be to align yourself in everyway with Satanic imagery while saying to the obvious masses of people who see this and get outraged "Relax buddy, you've got it all wrong. I believe in Satan as a concept, not a real dude!"

Any Satanists wish to comment? I'm not trashing anyone, I just always struck me as odd.
edit on 24-12-2012 by rmtfox because: Added a line

I am not a Satanist but have studied and read quite a bit on the matter (including the works of La'vey).

"Satanism" could be called "Humanism" in a Le'vay type "religion". It more of a philosophy than a "religion" and is essentially against the hypocrisy of Christianity.

The "Church of set" broke off from the church of Satan and are "organized" but believe in Lucifer as a real being (where as 'Satanists' do not)

-These two organizations are legit and do not (as far as I am aware) divulge in Sacrifice or other illicit activity... The "Self Styled Satanist" is usually a loner or in small groups and they grab bits and pieces and form their own quasi-religious philosophy (or religion if you will) and these are the folks (if you believe the 'studies') that are or can be dangerous.

The thing is, this entire "Satanic Panic" holds far more rumors than truth- very little real evidence of any large "Cults" beyond rumor and speculation...

Satanism is like the Osama Bin laden of Christianity- The "shadowy enemy" and such that is "needed".

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cannabis
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

People who claim to be the Devil are generally thrown in mental asylums.

Then I've got a McDonald's employee that has to be thrown into a psych box and tortured with medication until she repents and says she's sorry and will do whatever the shrink wants her to do to get out. She told someone on her phone that she's the devil.

People really need to snap out of the psych-out reflex, ignoring others in the name of psychology, before they get sued for impersonating a doctor. It's slanderous. I believe if you want to send them there, they can send you the bill for treatment.

By the way, the devil and satan, and Set, and Lucifer, and demons, could be considered all different things. It depends on who you talk to.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

"Satanism" could be called "Humanism" in a Le'vay type "religion".

I agree, though my question still stands. Why call it Satanism?

I too am well read on Satanism in it's many forms, including works by LaVey, Crowley, and others. I even agree with a great many of their thoughts and overall philosophies, but many years ago when my disillusioned, free-thinking, and rebellious teenage mind first started wrapping itself around these concepts I had the question "why call it that?"

In my mind then and now, the philosophies had weight that was dampened by the dark entity that was "symbolically aligned" to them. I just couldn't believe that such brilliant thinkers couldn't come up with a single less inherently negative symbol for the foundation of their philosophies.

Unless you WANT people to think you are evil, don't connect yourself to Satan.

BTW, I am not a Christian. I actually am more like my example of the altruistic athiest...although it's more like altruistic agnostic.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Sandalphon, you maybe touched and speaking in tongues because that post was so confusing I chalked it up to the rantings of a snake-handler...but all kidding aside, can you try to explain what the heck all that meant?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

"Satanism" could be called "Humanism" in a Le'vay type "religion".

I agree, though my question still stands. Why call it Satanism?

I too am well read on Satanism in it's many forms, including works by LaVey, Crowley, and others. I even agree with a great many of their thoughts and overall philosophies, but many years ago when my disillusioned, free-thinking, and rebellious teenage mind first started wrapping itself around these concepts I had the question "why call it that?"

In my mind then and now, the philosophies had weight that was dampened by the dark entity that was "symbolically aligned" to them. I just couldn't believe that such brilliant thinkers couldn't come up with a single less inherently negative symbol for the foundation of their philosophies.

Unless you WANT people to think you are evil, don't connect yourself to Satan.

BTW, I am not a Christian. I actually am more like my example of the altruistic athiest...although it's more like altruistic agnostic.

La'vey called it Satanism for marketing reasons (really.)

If he had created the exact same thing and called it "Hobekana" (or whatever, lol) it would have failed... calling it "Satanism" gave it "Authority" and free marketing with all the media . Plus at the time the whole social strata was changing and people were rebelling against everything "establishment" (including Christianity) which automatically drew people to the "ultimate anti-establishment" of... Satanism.

It either that or you believe the "Christian" doctrine that La'veyt does in fact worship Lucifer and is "tricking" people by saying he does not.

-That said, do you know who the biggest promoter of Satanism actually is? (and there IS blood on their hands)? Its Christianity and shows like the 700 Club and speakers like "John Todd."

Every Halloween the 700 Club did its "anti Satan" show which actually drew many into it. Why? Well they talked about all the "Power" , "Spells" (which worked according to them), free sex and drugs, flying and walking through fire but not being burned, actual meetings with Lucifer... I personally wondered how these people were Christians if they really believed they could get all this Power from Satan.. It would seem (by their own theories) that their God is very weak and I would choose the side which gave me things like the "Power to Fly" and cast spells to get rich..,.

Fortunatley I never bought into any of it- BUT I totally see how their "Anti- Satan" stance actually brought mentally unstable people INTO practicing some quasi form of "Satanism"

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
People threw the horns all the time. It was big among us youths in the 90's.

There are satanist all over this world.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

what a bunch of HORSES%^%& You do know all the retard Xtians call Paganism satanic cults and satanists.. My guess it's more burn the witch BS from the knucklehead bible thumpers!
edit on 24-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That would be because their religion has everything to do with Satan, and it is only your preconceived (and irrelevant) perceptions of what Satan stands for that are confusing you.

Think about the story of Adam and Eve. Satan offered the apple to Eve, so she would have knowledge. Satan represents making informed decisions based on cause-and-effect, and actually a lot of feminine attributes such as forgiveness and acceptance, while God represents a tyrannical deity who only wants things done one way, and is willing to kill or deny resources to people who don't follow his rules.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

dude, you posted this at 11:11!

The link you have is true too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join