It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria unrest: Air strike on bakery 'kills dozens'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

What i was basically saying is.

This bakery that was bombed by SAA a MIG jet, was full of rebel soldiers and not civilians as claimed by western media.

Yes there was a few civilians caught up in this bombing, but the majority was rebel fighters.

And my whole point was, it not a attack on the Syrian civilians, but on a rebel forces caught lining up for bread.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Ok.. MY whole issue is that I don't even know that any jet was there.. For all I know a rebel bombed the place and blamed it on a jet.. OR that CIA blew up a place full of good people, trying to set this over the edge.. What makes you sure of your sources?

Does that make more sense on my position.. ?

I have seen no proof of anything. I DO NOT support the "rebels"

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Sorry, my usual hanging ground is the middle eastern forum, and I've just realized this is not the ME forum and i automatically assume others know the abbreviations.

I also don't know the term SAA

SAA = Syrian Arab Army = Assad forces.

Also i'm surrounded by my 2 young boys jumping around screaming, being excited about it being Christmas eve, and a bit distracting why replying to the thread, so i apologize for missing comma's.

Anyway Merry Christmas, as i'm off to go watch a film with my boys, and won't be back on till boxing day.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JewAgainstZionism

I have seen the full the video and seems firmly staged by the Free Syrian Army fighters they place a perfectly clean 'pancake-shaped' loaf of bread upon in a pool of blood.

Here is the video.
Source YT
edit on 24-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
geez...civilian deaths in a country ran by a dictator...yeah that's shocking...and in the middle east!...such a peaceful part of the world. medival religous beliefs, poverty, and standardized, sanctioned brutality to solve problems. and this keeps going on year after year, decade after decade, century after century. my question is...why would anybody in their right mind want to even live there?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There's neither an air-strike present, nor is there a bakery in the video.

All I see is a legitimate target full of armed militants and some collateral damage.

That's war. People are being killed. It's the nature of war. No point in trying to calm your own conscience by pretending to be disgusted by it.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I watched this on youtube yesterday, very sad, isaw a video of a little girl decapitated, made me very angry, these child killers need to be sent to hell soon.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well first things first, the rebels were in the area regardless of what anyone says. So from that fact, we can determine that if it was an airstrike, it was directed at the rebels in that area and not the civilians even though some may of got caught in the bombing.

2nd, The FSA can plant a bomb without an issue. They have also been caught on tape delivering a bomb out the front of a hospital for it to explode only minutes later. This should not be discounted in this event.

3rd, The FSA are using chemical agents against the SAA now and have also threatened to poison the water in Syria. If they are willing to resort to that type of warfare, then I'm sure they will have no problems blowing up a bakery and blaming it on an airstrike. I'm sure more footage will be available in the coming days and we can decide then what actually happened..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
geez...civilian deaths in a country ran by a dictator...yeah that's shocking...and in the middle east!...such a peaceful part of the world. medival religous beliefs, poverty, and standardized, sanctioned brutality to solve problems. and this keeps going on year after year, decade after decade, century after century. my question is...why would anybody in their right mind want to even live there?

before the rebels started attacking Syria, it was actually a peaceful country. Most Syrians back Assad so calling him a dictator is pure speculation. Some agree that maybe his time is over but others will back their leader to the very end. Remember, only a minority of Syrians were in the initial protests which started all this crap. I know one thing though, they would take Assad everyday over a bunch of animals who are resorting to Chemical warfare, using humans as shields and decapitating people along with kidnapping innocent journalists.. BTW, Syrians do not want Sharia law either...

edit on 24-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
There's neither an air-strike present, nor is there a bakery in the video.

All I see is a legitimate target full of armed militants and some collateral damage.

That's war. People are being killed. It's the nature of war. No point in trying to calm your own conscience by pretending to be disgusted by it.

You're right people must pretend to be disgusted by War..
It's too impossible to feel pain.
Or some people havn't turned that dark just yet..
I wouldn't place your reality on other people so broadly.

What is more important is the obvious propaganda and the future consequences of being on the wrong side of this conflict..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

I appreciate your perspective on this. I figured there was a lot more to this than media first presented. There always is in Syria. I've been following your posts and must admit, you've gone as far as I have in trying to dig real deep into the reality inside Syria.......and kept going much further from where I stopped. Hence...I take your word about having plenty of other material unfit to share. I've got a bit of that myself..and yeah, it's not good for long term membership when Mods get complains from members getting sick over videos huh? lol...

That has got to be one of the nastiest wars I've heard of since the 80's wars in Central America. In fact, with better technology, much of the tactics do sound a lot like El Salvador and Nicaragua. Interesting when I stop to consider that, actually.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ran into this video on liveleak and thought about how much it relates to the OP post.

The video shows "somebody" tossing bread by the rubbles. Which comes to question whether this is really a set-up or not? Why would somebody do this? This may or may not change your view.
Even before seeing video I have agreed with the OP's post.

VIDEO HERE

EDIT: Someone had already posted a video above of the same thing .
edit on 25-12-2012 by innocenttdreams because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I saw and over looked at the video there were no civilians.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join