It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush - Smarter than Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Found this article and thought I would pass it on, seems that Bush might not be so dumb and the Dems like to show him as.

-----

o Bush-bashers, it may be the most infuriating revelation yet from the military records of the two presidential candidates: the young George W. Bush probably had a higher I.Q. than did the young John Kerry.

That, at least, is the conclusion of Steve Sailer, a conservative columnist at the Web magazine Vdare.com and a veteran student of presidential I.Q.'s. During the last presidential campaign Mr. Sailer estimated from Mr. Bush's SAT score (1206) that his I.Q. was in the mid-120's, about 10 points lower than Al Gore's.

Mr. Kerry's SAT score is not known, but now Mr. Sailer has done a comparison of the intelligence tests in the candidates' military records. They are not formal I.Q. tests, but Mr. Sailer says they are similar enough to make reasonable extrapolations.

Advertisement

Mr. Bush's score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test at age 22 again suggests that his I.Q was the mid-120's, putting Mr. Bush in about the 95th percentile of the population, according to Mr. Sailer. Mr. Kerry's I.Q. was about 120, in the 91st percentile, according to Mr. Sailer's extrapolation of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test.

Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware, called it a creditable analysis said she was not surprised at the results or that so many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter. "People will often be misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated they can't understand," Professor Gottfredson said.

www.nytimes.com...

----

Washington: President Bush is not a bozo; in fact, he may be a near-brainiac.

An American researcher has challenged popular belief and water cooler jokes about Bush's cerebral limitations by arguing - on the basis of available records - that he is not only smart but has a higher IQ than his rival John Kerry.

Based on various academic and military school records including his SAT score (1206), conservative columnist Steve Sailer has calculated that Bush's IQ is between 125 and 130.

That would put him in the "very superior intelligence" category and in the 95th percentile, which means only one out of 20 people would score higher.

In comparison, similar (but not same) records and tests suggest John Kerry's IQ is only around 120, says Sailer in a commentary on the conservative blog www.vdare.com.

Sailer looked at school records and tests both men took when there were enrolling into the US military at age 22 and extrapolated the results to arrive his conclusion. "They provide no evidence that Kerry is smarter. If anything, Bush is smarter than Kerry," he concluded.

"They provide no evidence that Kerry is smarter. If anything, Bush is smarter than Kerry," he concluded.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If this IQ stuff really mattered and the President had to make decisions on his own without the cabinett then this would be important. Who cares who is smarter, Henry Ford couldn't even read, but as he put it, "I hire people like you to do my reading".

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know your a red neck when you have to ask this........

Here's your sign

Have a nice day......

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow, I thought you Dems liked to brag about being smart and all, Oh I forgot, that's only when you are the ones who are thought to be smart. hey magical, I heard that routine about two years ago, you think maybe you can come up with something more original instead of stealing the comedy of two comedians.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
During the last presidential campaign Mr. Sailer estimated from Mr. Bush's SAT score (1206) that his I.Q. was in the mid-120's, about 10 points lower than Al Gore's.

Uhmm, i don't think bush is an idiot, but isn't an iq in the 120s like 'genius' level?
here is a page
members.shaw.ca...
I have to say that I still find it hilarious that the IQ tests have 'idiot' and 'moron' as ratings!

Apparently its "Very superior intelligence".

And he got C's at Yale?

Is that even a valid way to estimate IQ?

They are not formal I.Q. tests, but Mr. Sailer says they are similar enough to make reasonable extrapolations

Ok, the idea of using SAT tests seems questionable to me, but military placement tests? That seems to be reaching.

extrapolation of his score at age 22 on the Navy Officer Qualification Test.

There is no way this guy's method doesn't have a margin of error of +/- a few points, and he's using two different tests for the two different scores too?

Based on various academic and military school records including his SAT score (1206), conservative columnist Steve Sailer has calculated that Bush's IQ is between 125 and 130.

Kerry was a better student than bush tho no? Bush was a C student right? And he is only using one data point for Kerry?

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Times of india? The same paper controlled by the Nationalist Party? THe same party made up of members of the Nazi Tiger Legion?
I thought most people here were against foreign papers interfering with the election in the US?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Whatever I.Q. he had as a youngster was killed by the peruvian flake and washed down with the booze. Bush may have been a "braniac" when he was younger....but he isnt anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We already have a thread on on this issue. Please see:

This Just In�Kerry's IQ Likely Lower than Bush's! in Political Debate to continue. Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join