It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a baby dies, does it carry on with a 'baby soul'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
(All this; assuming we have a soul.)

I was in the moment when you're thinking, "you're on to something." I dropped this in the science thread cause this is science, right?

I'm not sure what words to use exactly but I believe it has to do with the soul and consciousness.

Wiki - This what Soul means

Wiki - This what Consciousness means

I was thinking about death. If you die when you're a baby, is your soul a baby soul or just a soul?

Aggghh, i'm at a loss for words, I got all kinds of things going through my mind right now and every once in a second i'll connect a few dots, but I cannot put into words - due to my very limited vocabulary, and knowledge.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes...

Many have seen them in Heaven:

Four year old met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Link

"In 1988, evangelist Jesse Duplantis was taken up into Heaven. While he was there, he saw a multitude of small children, singing and praising God as they played little harps. When he asked the angel who had brought him there who they were, he was told they were the children the earth did not want. As Duplantis watched these children, who appeared to be from three to ten years old, he realized that they were children who had been lost to abortion. The angel explained to him that these children longed to see their mothers come to Heaven and be reunited with them."

Link

CAUGHT UP TO THE INFANTS' PARADISE

"This dome," said my guide, "is the place where all infants from earth are gathered for instruction. The outer buildings are the nurseries where they are first brought, to be nourished by their guardian angel."

"Whenever an infant dies on earth, the guardian angel who brings it here
considers all of its abilities and places it with others of similar ability. According to its
artistic, scientific or social abilities, each is given a home best suited to the development
of its gifts."

Nine Days in Heaven: The Vision of Marietta Davis: Dennis Prince, Nolene Prince Link

"I believe all she says is true. (Marietta Davis) I too was able to see where the infants are. Everything she described was as I saw it. But I saw and was told more specifically they were all the babies that were born and died, and miscarriages and abortions. I was only allowed in that one room, I was not allowed to travel around like she was. When I was there, I was at home. That is where we belong. Make every effort to get there."

Link

In heaven, children are there, all the ones who died young, in childbirth, or were aborted.
Link

edit on 23-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

link   
I vote for your "just a soul" choice.

Ageless
Sexless
Raceless
No deformities

Like a ball of light, floating in a sea of all the other balls of light.

link   
If you believe in re-incarnation it would be an old soul no matter what form the body took. Scientists say they found the physical soul. I guess there is no way to prove whatever answer you could come up with.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

The soul has been since the beginning, the only thing that is of young is the body. Above, said person is of the same age as everyone else. Everyone above is the same height, age, and color.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think all living things must have a soul.
I once read, I think it was a book called stiff, that the human soul weighs 21 grams. They did studies in hospitals where at the exact moment of death, we lose 21 grams.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

In my opinion one does not have anything to do with the other. The physical age of a body is not the age of the existence of an energy that permeates within the body. The lesson to be learned is directed at the human experience in order for there to be growth for the loss of life. The soul that resided in that human "baby" form did so for the very purpose; help those involved to achieve a goal.

When there is a "loss" of life it forces those to understand how precious life really is, and to help focus...often times the lesson is ignored. It is an unfortunate aspect or fortunate aspect depending how you deal with the adversity. Different people react differently.

The underlying purpose though is intended to be the same. Life need not be full of happiness to appreciate what we have, sometimes it is necessary for us to deal with these types of situations first in order to prepare for other situations that have yet happened.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I personally hold close to reincarnation being a simple given for the extension of the cycle of life. With that in mind, the baby will have been an aborted life in the true not medical sense and will have begun the next life process for nothing. Back to wherever that is Souls go between joining with physical form at birth.

At least that's how I believe this thing works. It's that time after and between that drives me nuts to be the ultimate blank wall of sense or memory.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
How is this science exactly?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

you were right Dr.Duncan MacDougall experimented in 1901 actually weighing patients who were dying and found out after death there mass lost 21 grams was repeated 5 times with all near same result. to answer the OP question until someone figures out how to track the soul after it leaves, youll just have to wait until your time to figure out maybe we all go same place maybe reborn maybe you go to a majestic world of unicorns and fairies where they say science is a lie

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by denster1991
reply to post by Prisoner60863

you were right Dr.Duncan MacDougall experimented in 1901 actually weighing patients who were dying and found out after death there mass lost 21 grams was repeated 5 times with all near same result. to answer the OP question until someone figures out how to track the soul after it leaves, youll just have to wait until your time to figure out maybe we all go same place maybe reborn maybe you go to a majestic world of unicorns and fairies where they say science is a lie

That's a pretty easy experiment to do, it hasn't been done for over 110 years? Someone should try to replicate those results using modern, accurate equipment. Maybe they have already and found nothing, I don't believe what you say actually happened the way you say it did.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

en.wikipedia.org... here is where i read details about it I first heard of the experiment in the dan brown novel the symbol. I believe the story because it is old if any one proposed to try it today they would be battered by media and groups alike, even though it be something for people to actual realize and see the facts

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

These infant-receiving schools are enterprises devoted to the nurture and training of the children of time, including those who have died on the evolutionary worlds of space before the acquirement of individual status on the universe records. In the event of the survival of either or both of such a child’s parents, the guardian of destiny deputizes her associated cherubim as the custodian of the child’s potential identity, charging the cherubim with the responsibility of delivering this undeveloped soul into the hands of the Mansion World Teachers in the probationary nurseries of the morontia worlds.

Paper 47
The whole book

Here is one particular possibility for you to consider that is of course directly relevant to your questions.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by denster1991

en.wikipedia.org... here is where i read details about it I first heard of the experiment in the dan brown novel the symbol. I believe the story because it is old if any one proposed to try it today they would be battered by media and groups alike, even though it be something for people to actual realize and see the facts

An inaccurate, flawed and inconsistent method with a very small sample size. Those results need to be reproduced to be credible at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The immortal soul adopted the baby in the womb. The baby's life, however brief, is forever a part of that soul's journey.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

This isn't science, it's fiction. What on earth made you think this had anything to do with empiricism?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

And this has what to do with the Science and Technology section?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Exactly right they need to be replicated, before hand there nothing more than theories, before hand they can neither be prove to be correct or disproved, in the reference the original article you find he only had three actually close to being accurate results the rest where misread or contaminated of the three one dropped to the weight instantly the other two gradually fell to the weight , The methods were primitive but for the time period I wouldn't expect much, lets hope they do replicate it in are lifetime

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Wow. I'm very glad you posted that. I'm not a spiritual person by any means, but stories like that certainly do make me wonder.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prisoner60863
I think all living things must have a soul.
I once read, I think it was a book called stiff, that the human soul weighs 21 grams. They did studies in hospitals where at the exact moment of death, we lose 21 grams.

When you fidget on a scale, the weight fluctuates. I have always theorized that when your heart stops pumping blood, that slight settling of your body makes up the 21 grams.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join